Divinity's Reach Event

So I recently came across this video meant to show off the Avatar of Melandru Human Elite skill, and instead was even more overjoyed when I saw that there was a dynamic event taking place within the lower districts of DR.

I was worried the capitals would be total safezones, but it appears not. What do you all think?

Let the siege begin I love the avatar, but I'd like it more if it was just summoned and didn't have to control it. Just let it rage as you attack things.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Is that really an event or just the end of beta event that they put together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Event named "Inquest Invasion" = Asura are trying to take over Divinity's Reach

Edit: Yeah, it was the end of beta event.

Yeah, I believe that is just the end of beta event

I hope they do events sorta like this even once the game is released.

There's one interview with a couple of the devs, (found it!) They go way back in history and talk about older MUDs and the first gen MMOs and how they use to do a lot of dev run events. It seemed like a concept that they were very fond of, and if you've ever played a game that had dev run events you'd know they were freakin awesome.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-30 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

There's one interview with a couple of the devs, (found it!) They go way back in history and talk about older MUDs and the first gen MMOs and how they use to do a lot of dev run events. It seemed like a concept that they were very fond of, and if you've ever played a game that had dev run events you'd know they were freakin awesome.
    Maybe this? http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1013691...Wars-2-Dynamic

Bah, didn't notice you edited it in.
    Last edited by Tithonus; 2012-03-30 at 08:27 PM.

lol yup that was it

Dev run events is definitely gonna be something I bring up once I get access to the beta forums.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-30 at 08:27 PM.

Was an end of beta event.

And was pretty lame for an end of beta event =[

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

There's one interview with a couple of the devs, I wish I could find it but I can't atm, but if someone knows what I'm talking about I'd appreciate a link. They go way back in history and talk about older MUDs and the first gen MMOs and how they use to do a lot of dev run events. It seemed like a concept that they were very fond of, and if you've ever played a game that had dev run events you'd know they were freakin awesome.
    I loved some dev run events back in my MUD days. I fondly remember one that boild down to a full blown war happening just to the north of the starter capital city. Sometimes the fighting spilled into the streets other times the city itself was relitivly safe but low levels simply could not push north by land and even high levels had to do it in mass. The northern provence was cutoff from direct access, the only way there was either take longish boat routs or find someone able to establish a teleport point on the far side of the siege (the further away the more experienced the mage had to be for group portals). I was low level at the time but had a blast pitching in where I could.

Sadly there is a very noisy faction of the present MMO community that would be up in arms about anything even remotely this disruptive. Case in point look at the pre LK zombie event. IF you polled players who experienced the event nearly everybody will fall in the categories of loving it or hating it with a passion with very few having no opinion either way. There are just alot of folks that like their stale world that is the same every day and dont want anything that disrupts that. Now hopefuly those stick in the muds will either stay far away from GW2 or will quickly leave when faced by a dynamic world but you never know.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Was an end of beta event.

And was pretty lame for an end of beta event =[
    I'd rather the devs work on getting the game ready than create end of beta events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I'd rather the devs work on getting the game ready than create end of beta events.
    When did the two become exclusive?

I'm not wanting anything intricate, I was actually just wanting a giant dragon to spawn, kill everyone, and then the servers shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Event named "Inquest Invasion" = Asura are trying to take over Divinity's Reach

Edit: Yeah, it was the end of beta event.
    You maniacs you finally did it, damn you....damn you all to hell!!!!