Quote Originally Posted by Vanatrict View Post
I found 7 to be overrated. Not as good as people claim it is, even the story seemed rather weak to me. I usually leave out my favorite FF because it was the one i started playing (FF8) so I probably have a different standard than what most people who played the older FF games have.

I like 8, 9, 10. Recently played 1 and 3 and liked them, 2 seemed weird for me and I couldn't get into it. 4, 5 and 6 still haven't played. FF 12 did not meet my expectations and the game seemed to fail to achieve what the older games offered, I came close to beating the game before I gave up playing it so its not like I didn't experience much of it. FF 13 was the biggest disappointment for me. I haven't bothered buying 13-2.

I have yet to touch tactics, but I do have War of the Lions which I will play eventually.
haha you sound almost exactly like how I feel, with a couple of differences. I like 7, enjoyed the materia system and tons of little sidequests at numerous points in the game. Even if you were just travelling from point A to B, there was enemy skills to get! I liked 8, 9, 10, 1 and 3 as well, FF8 being my first and one of my favourites in terms of mood and music. I cannot without fail, listen to the tracks from FF 7/8/10 without feeling nostalgia, and 8 has some of my favourite tracks from the series. It fit in really well with the environments and situations, gaaah. I'm feeling it again from OP's linked track.

I happen to have beaten 4 as well, not too bad. Better than 12 (which I also almost ended but just couldn't find it in me to) and 13. I enjoyed 13-2 however, the monster capture system was fairly enjoyable and I spent a number of hours on it. I think with 13-2 the series may still have some hope.

Never played 5 and didn't finish 6. Couldn't stand 6 graphics for some reason. Weird I know, since I completed the earlier ones. Tactics is pretty fun, if you like the gameplay. I personally don't and despite that, played one of the tactics for a reasonable amount of time.