Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontempt View Post
    True true, just feels a little weird with fast incinerates and then a slow CB. Like I said though, the CB will get nerfed, it won't hit 100-200k on live, so a 2.3 second cast for a 40-60k maybe?? might be a little annoying (like live now, but at least we have proc for instant SF)
    Why on earth should CB hit for so little? Right now Incinerate hits for about 70k crits.

Furthermore, PLENTY of other classes are hitting in the 100-200k range on some abilities. Mind Blast, Pyroblast, just to name a couple. Hell, AFFLICTION can hit for over 200k on a Drain Soul crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Why on earth should CB hit for so little? Right now Incinerate hits for about 70k crits. PLUS mastery is bugged at the moment, like hell.... so that is modifying damage.

Furthermore, PLENTY of other classes are hitting in the 100-200k range on some abilities. Mind Blast, Pyroblast, just to name a couple. Hell, AFFLICTION can hit for over 200k on a Drain Soul crit.
    Sigh... do realise this is beta, and no1 will hit this high. Have you read numerous times that blizz want to normalise damage, so when we enter MoP we be doing same there as we are now??

My argument is that with a 2.31 second cast time, it will just be like SF today with 30-40k crits, your incinerate won't hit for 70k when live hits, trust me. Please read my arguments before going off on some mad rant and understand what context I am applying this to and what beta patch.

NO1 and I mean NO1 will hit for 200k crits when live hits, you do realise that is 1 hitting people at start if MoP??

So I will illiterate again, CB must have it's cast time reduced, because we're losing the chance for it to proc instantly from our imp. When live hits, it will most likely do same damage as live Soul Fire, meaning we still have this clunky mechanic.

Or am I completely deluded and I am looking into this too much...?
    Last edited by mmoc35f4878b7b; 2012-04-30 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP damage on soulfire is around 20-30k, it takes a huge hit from pvp defense.

Deleted
    Sigh... do realise this is beta, and no1 will hit this high. Have you read numerous times that blizz want to normalise damage, so when we enter MoP we be doing same there as we are now??

My argument is that with a 2.31 second cast time, it will just be like SF today with 30-40k crits, your incinerate won't hit for 70k when live hits, trust me. Please read my arguments before going off on some mad rant and understand what context I am applying this to and what beta patch.

NO1 and I mean NO1 will hit for 200k crits when live hits, you do realise that is 1 hitting people at start if MoP??

So I will illiterate again, CB must have it's cast time reduced, because we're losing the chance for it to proc instantly from our imp. When live hits, it will most likely do same damage as live Soul Fire, meaning we still have this clunky mechanic.

I can definitely see Incinerate critting 70k when it goes live, I've done 60k+ crits on live in my diddy gear and that's with Corruption, Immolate, Burning Embers, Bane of Doom, Bane of Agony contributing to my overall DPS. take them out the equation and Incinerate simply must hit harder. if you do 40k dps on Live as Destro and all those damage sources, Incinerate will have to hit hard when MoP lands to equal that damage.

Deleted
    ok ok fair enough, but we're losing instant soul fires :P No soul burn and no instant from imp

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone experience a bug where it shows you have full embers when you don't SB is not replaced by incinerate?

also im not very happy with decreased CB aka SF damage as of last build. It seems that Conflags and incinerates need a damage boost to balance the overall damage.

With the lower damage to CB sac pet becomes almost a "must" for bursts to see worth-while numbers which is what is the point of spells that use embers as a resource.

In 398 gear and reforged to crit (20% unbuffed and 14 mastery unbuffed) in past build i was hitting with CB for about 125-135k with DS
    currently in same gear I am hitting for 94-98k and 102k with Sac pet.

Atm to utilize the full burst potential is to use sac pet with DS at 4 embers cast 3 spells, wait for the 15% boost to fall off and use flames to re summon pet for the last ember.

Mana regen seems to be in a much better place than it was before and i like the idea of haste to boost the mana regen.

immolation ticks should still have a chance to proc embers a 25% chance per tick seems reasonable.

I read your arguments, I just happen to think you're wrong. And I hardly went off on a "mad rant."

That said, Blizzard said we'd do the same dps as on live, not that our abilities will hit for the same amounts.

Destro is getting fewer sources of damage than on live, therefore our abilities have to hit harder in order to keep the same dps we had before. There is no way CB will hit the same as a SF on live, because that damage is just too low, the same with incinerate. It's impossible for incinerate and CB/SF to do the same damage AND for us to keep the same DPS when we're losing 3 dots.

Deleted
    we definitely will lose that Shadowburn/Soulfire Damage, Mastery will be scaled back massively. look at Fire and Brimstone, it's benefited by Mastery, so I'm chucking 200k Incinerate crits at 15-20 targets on the Hoptalus encounter with it currently. that is insane damage.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    we definitely will lose that Shadowburn/Soulfire Damage, Mastery will be scaled back massively. look at Fire and Brimstone, it's benefited by Mastery, so I'm chucking 200k Incinerate crits at 15-20 targets on the Hoptalus encounter with it currently. that is insane damage.
    While I do think it's scaling a bit too well right now, I have to wonder if it's all the scaling, of if you just have a ridiculous amount of mastery for your level. What level is your character, and what kind of gear are you in? If you're in higher ilevel gear but still at 85 then of course you'll have some ridiculous mastery scaling, however once you hit 86 it will take more mastery rating to get one point of it, so the damage will scale back.

Deleted
    While I do think it's scaling a bit too well right now, I have to wonder if it's all the scaling, of if you just have a ridiculous amount of mastery for your level. What level is your character, and what kind of gear are you in? If you're in higher ilevel gear but still at 85 then of course you'll have some ridiculous mastery scaling, however once you hit 86 it will take more mastery rating to get one point of it, so the damage will scale back.
    86 with 397 gear and a 410 Blue Stave, reforged for Crit. the reason everything hits so hard at the mo is Mastery, I'm on something like 185% extra damage from FnB spells. I'm sure the idea is that your spells will AOE but for less damage than they do on single target.

Deleted
    I read your arguments, I just happen to think you're wrong. And I hardly went off on a "mad rant."

That said, Blizzard said we'd do the same dps as on live, not that our abilities will hit for the same amounts.

Destro is getting fewer sources of damage than on live, therefore our abilities have to hit harder in order to keep the same dps we had before. There is no way CB will hit the same as a SF on live, because that damage is just too low, the same with incinerate. It's impossible for incinerate and CB/SF to do the same damage AND for us to keep the same DPS when we're losing 3 dots.
    Wow, sorry, I completely agree :P tbh, it's coursework deadline week at Uni and I been stressy! We're losing dots, so yeah... I agree, sorry to be rude! But still, no more instant CB's! Losing some fluidity :\

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    86 with 397 gear and a 410 Blue Stave, reforged for Crit. the reason everything hits so hard at the mo is Mastery, I'm on something like 185% extra damage from FnB spells. I'm sure the idea is that your spells will AOE but for less damage than they do on single target.
    Well, the problem is is that FnB costs an ember, so the AoE damage has to be more than a single target CB, because that's the opportunity cost of using an Ember for FnB instead of CB. However, testing it myself... holy crap mastery scales like a truck. I reforged for mastery and with the double Sacrifice buff up and was casting AoE incinerates for 90k and 185k on a crit. That's a bit much.

Wow, sorry, I completely agree :P tbh, it's coursework deadline week at Uni and I been stressy! We're losing dots, so yeah... I agree, sorry to be rude! But still, no more instant CB's! Losing some fluidity :\
    It's all good. We could both be right though. I mean, the damage might not be as high as it is on Beta, but it definitely has to be higher than it is on live.

As for the instant procs... the loss of that does kinda suck, however it scales with backdraft, which brings it down to a little more than a 2 second cast, which helps out a little bit.

•Chaotic Energy now regenerates mana 625% faster, down from 650%.

D:

Probably necessary from what I've been reading about mana regen for Destro lately
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    •Chaotic Energy now regenerates mana 625% faster, down from 650%.

D:
    Not surprised/ing, to be honest.

yeah im on beta atm and mana regen is pretty stupid lol

spamming incinerates without backdraft up sitting above 50% mana the entire time

Mana regen is far from high. I can easily force myself oom. I have about 65k mp5 at 87, and Incinerate is 32k without backdraft, and 22k with it. Easy to see how there can be a problem. Yes, you can manage for an extended single-target fight, but if there's a lot of AoE for RoF or movement for Fel Flame? Still potential issues.

Anyways, as for real news: Rain of Fire now generates Embers on Immolate'd targets. It should suffice to say that this is a huge, huge AoE buff - the largest we could have received, short of FnB having no cost. It's hard to tell exactly how it generates them (1 per tick per target? More testing to be certain), but it definitely does, and it's definitely great. FnB will need to be toned down in power to compensate, sure, but it makes our AoE rotation quite fluid and enjoyable. Give our single target one a proc or some added complexity somehow, and things will be quite nice.

The spec is shaping up to be rather lovely.

Fire and Brimstone's been toned down. On my 87 lock, it is at 91% full damage. (So it hits for less than a normal ability, but it hits everything around it).
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2012-05-02 at 01:10 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Chaos Bolt damage got toned down also, and a Dragonwrath Chaos Bolt proc still consumes an Ember.

Upside is, they fixed the Soul Shards and Burning Ember frames.

Just noticed, not sure if new or if I just didn't notice before, but Rain of Fire generates Embers now, if the target is immolated.
    Last edited by Xploit; 2012-05-02 at 03:47 AM.

my spellbook is all screwed up,. doesnt show immo or incinerate.
    can someone tell me what spells blizz wants us to use as destro?
    im not really a fan of using dots(other than immo) playing destro.