My 5 release character builds.

Ok, I have now made my builds for my 5 characters for launch.GW2Tools got updated with the March Traits/Abilites so I decided to finally make all 5 of my characters. I'd love to know what you guys think and I will gladly take any criticisms/feedback. I will be using all of these characters for PvE/PvP. I wanted to type this out mostly for myself so I have it all planned out in one spot

1. Dagger/Dagger Ele. Gear focus on precision/prowess/power.http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;pp...caa;Zaaa;bZbYZ
    -My main. Heavy focus on getting in close, doing lots of burst damage, and critting a lot. Using plenty of crit/crit damage/burning when crit. Uses the arcane spells for even more crit, and getting an extra 9% crit damage. Almost exclusively uses Fire/Air. Main focus on solo PvE/possibly PvP.

2. Great sword - Sword/Sword Warrior. Gear focus on Power/Expertise/Malice. http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;kpa...Vea;badd;YXdWZ
    - Another heavy focus on crit. This time going Full signets and getting reduced CD on them. Will mostly let my adrenaline sit at full for extra damage. Big focus on bleeds and vulnerability. Switching between weapons fairly often to get the most out of the CDs. Very mobile and has slows to stay on target.

3. Mace/Shield - Staff Guardian. Gear Focus on Toughness/Vitality. http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#g;afp...fea;ceYa;ZhdiZ
    -Very defensive Guardian with big reliance on Retaliation. Plenty of vitality/toughness to soak damage in dungeons and to really get inbetween the mobs and my group. Will be as much of a "tank" without gimping myself in damage/support. A few heals here and there and plenty of shields for my allies. Switch to staff when need extra AoE dmg. Use Martyy (staff 5) in combination with utility skill Contemplation of purity. Main focus - Dungeons/WvW

4. Axe/Focus - Staff Necro. Gear Focus on Power/Vitality/Toughness. http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#n;fap...gaa;YXZa;bXdWY
    -Basic Minion Master. Very durable and still plenty of damage through minions. single target focus with my Axe and switch to Staff for AoE. good amount of conditions/control while letting my minions do most of my work. Cant wait to run some Organized Pvp with this build. Main focus - PvP

5. Rifle/Elixir Gun/Flamethrower.Gear focus on Concentration, Power. http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#e;fka...Xaa;Zaaa;ZUifb
    - Probably the build I'm least sure of atm. Complete focus on Armed weapon kits. Need to get enough power to do damage while still being able to support well with my elixiers/elixer gun. Main Focus - Dungeons/PvP.

SO what do you guys think?
    Last edited by sethers656; 2012-03-31 at 02:31 AM.

Didn't you already post this in another thread?
    Will be looking through a few though.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Didn't you already post this in another thread?
    Will be looking through a few though.
    I did, but decided it would be better off as its own thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    My questions is why do you have to make a thread about this when all of the classes already have their own thread that you can discuss with people that care about it.

Come on now.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    My questions is why do you have to make a thread about this when all of the classes already have their own thread that you can discuss with people that care about it.

Come on now.
    I posted my ele build in the Ele discussion thread and it got completely ignored. I had hoped that if I made my own thread about it, it would attract more responses.

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    I posted my ele build in the Ele discussion thread and it got completely ignored. I had hoped that if I made my own thread about it, it would attract more responses.
    so you needed to be a special snowflake and did not get enough attention in another thread? I'm sorry but plenty of other threads out there apropreate for this type of discussion, makeing another is just useless clutter and makes it harder for folks to find the information they are looking for.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    All this is doing is cluttering the forum. We have class-specific threads for things JUST like this. I'm sorry if you got ignored in one of them, but creating a new thread just for yourself isn't really the solution.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    All this is doing is cluttering the forum. We have class-specific threads for things JUST like this. I'm sorry if you got ignored in one of them, but creating a new thread just for yourself isn't really the solution.
    Well do you have a better solution? I want to discuss builds and in the other threads, it doesnt happen. It isnt just for myself either, people are free to post their builds here and we can trade feedback.

WHAT are the point of these threads? The game IS NOT out yet. Yes some people have tried beta but how much feedback/discussion can you really get on something that is months away from release? I understand being exciting and wanting to plan things out but it's still TOO SOON!

Can't understand why everyone's jumping down this guy's throat for creating a thread he wanted to discuss. Don't want to read it? Then'don't. Try not to let it ruin your day.

OT: I wish you posted a Mesmer build. It's the only one I've been keeping tabs on :[

Quote Originally Posted by Pridefox View Post
    WHAT are the point of these threads? The game IS NOT out yet. Yes some people have tried beta but how much feedback/discussion can you really get on something that is months away from release? I understand being exciting and wanting to plan things out but it's still TOO SOON!
    I just enjoy planning out my characters. Things might change, but I want a very strong idea of how my characters will play out. Like I said, it is mostly just ofr myself, but I figured I'd post it to give others a chance to see fully fleshed out builds and to see if I could get any criticisms/feedback on them so I can improve them.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Can't understand why everyone's jumping down this guy's throat for creating a thread he wanted to discuss. Don't want to read it? Then'don't. Try not to let it ruin your day.

OT: I wish you posted a Mesmer build. It's the only one I've been keeping tabs on :[
    Mesmer just isnt my style... but I might go make builds for Mesmer/Ranger/Thief in case I do dedice to make them after I get more character slots. Also, thanks for defending me, dont understand why people get so upset over posting a thread... and then they bump it to keep it at the top xD

Closing this. Questions about each build would be better suited for each individual class discussion thread rather than its own individual thread.