Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    And once again I've another reason not to emigrate to the US.

What is wrong with your system??? I mean honestly....
    Honestly, we probably wouldn't want a stuck up asshole like you anyway.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-04-01 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Honestly, we probably wouldn't want a stuck up asshole like you anyway.
    I'm stuck up for objecting to the excessive bureaucracy and corrupt legal system that the average citizen of the States is made a victim of.

How awful I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    How old is middle school? I always imagined it as quite young, younger than cleavage anyway.

And I don't see why this is a big deal, teachers embarrassed students all the time when I was in school, never about cleavage since we had a uniform but about dress length and other things often. (Girls would roll the top of their skirt up to make their skirt shorter sometimes) or if a guy came to school without shaving they'd be told in front of the class they had to precede to the officer to be given a razer and shaving cream, then return shaven.
    Middle School is Jailbait age.

At least, 7th and 8th grade
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember my teacher in 4th grade throwing her key chain in my forehead cause I started laughing at something she was saying in class.., was considered a quite normal way to get "unruly" students back in line.

Also remember getting expelled a few years later for taking my chair n' throwing it at the teacher after he slapped me to the back of the head.

Teachers should have a lot more "power" or freedom to enforce discipline! The OP's topic is a farce at best, the principle should told that girl off n' backed his teacher on a subject such as that.

I'm stuck up for objecting to the excessive bureaucracy and corrupt legal system that the average citizen of the States is made a victim of.

How awful I am.
    Ironic, come from someone I assume to be from Europe. Your politics are on a level of corruption that can't even be described....

10+ Year Old Account
    So from what I understand the girl was dressed incorrectly, the teacher attempted to confirm this so as to reprimand the student, and the teacher gets punished. Logic.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Doesn't sound the teacher did anything wrong except for being a tad clumsy. Which she admit to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    How old is middle school? I always imagined it as quite young, younger than cleavage anyway.

And I don't see why this is a big deal, teachers embarrassed students all the time when I was in school, never about cleavage since we had a uniform but about dress length and other things often. (Girls would roll the top of their skirt up to make their skirt shorter sometimes) or if a guy came to school without shaving they'd be told in front of the class they had to precede to the officer to be given a razer and shaving cream, then return shaven.
    Middle school can be anywhere from 12-15 years old. For some American girls that actually is plenty of time for cleavage from what I can remember.

Also, Australia sounds like a really crazy place from that story. I'm assuming you mean that happened in Australia since that's what you have in your Location.

ITT: Teacher gets fired because female student does not care about the dress code?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

No, seriously. I don't know what to say. This is beyond retarded. Girl was never touched, the teacher never abused her and she merely pointed out that the girls dress was completely inappropriate. And now she was, more or less, forced into a resign. Da fuck?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you read the article and original post, it clearly states the teacher resigned before going through the "legal system" and bureaucracy. You might have a point if the school just ignored the situation. But they handled it according to the law. Give the teacher a chance to defend themselves or take a suspension. The situation is the forwarded to the State Board to review the case and see if anything more needs to be done.

Sounds the furthest from corruption and excessive bureaucracy. How else do you want a school to handle a complaint?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand resigning over this. Especially as it was a woman who commented and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    ITT: Teacher gets fired because female student does not care about the dress code?
    She didn't get fired, she resigned. She only had to deal with a 5-day suspension without pay, and state review. She choose to contest situation so it was headed to a trial/review. She resigned before following through. And if you read the article it wasn't about her approaching a student about the dress code violation. But about how she handled the situation.

Given that we don't know how she handled it, its a bit extreme to come to such assumptions and judgements. She wasn't forced to resign. She choose to resign. Big difference.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Given that we don't know how she handled it, its a bit extreme to come to such assumptions and judgements. She wasn't forced to resign. She choose to resign. Big difference.
    Nobody chooses to resign just for the fun of it. I don't even want to know what kind of preassure she had to withstand from all kind of sides. The girls parents must have been really pleased to hear that the teacher pointed out their daughter's inappropriate cleavage right in front of the class. I am most certain that they contacted the teacher in one way or another.

On the other hand... I think I would also resign from such a shitty job, where underage teenage kids can bring you into situations where you, as a teacher, do not even know how to respond properly.

Deleted
    As a teacher you are told on day one that anything like this is unacceptable. Opening up your student to embarassment in front of the rest of the class is wrong, the rest of them - boys in particular - are going to give her a lot of grief. The correct way to deal with it is to quietly pull the girl aside after class and tell her that she's in violation of the dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by Albani View Post
    Girl not complying with dresscode
    -> Teacher makes "fun"/non-dramatic note of it in front of classroom, instead of sending girl home/suspending her
    -> Girl, who broke the rules but got of easy, complains
    -> Teacher get's fired

How nice.
    She resigned, not fired. It's a little different when you get fired. Also, both sides are silly. Sounds like the teacher didn't held her ground when she made that comment. At the same time, that girl is trying too hard to be a victim to a comical enforcement of the dress code.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    I think that she took it a bit too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I don't know why she didn't just take the 5 day suspension. Almost as though she wants to make herself into a victim of disproportionate punishment or something.
    Teacher is just making herself look like a martyr. What a spotlight seeking windbag. If a student isnt following the dress code, send them to the damn office to make them change clothes. End of story. No need to pull them to the front and say stupid crap like measuring her bust to embarrass the student, because kids now a days know they can tattle on the faculty they think is being offensive or creepy (which is a good thing).

Just some two cents, I have a low opinion on public school teachers since Ive had more than a few openly state "I dont care if you learn anything/do the work/pass, I still get paid." to my classes.

Edit: I remember being in highschool and sometimes girls now and then would get some uptight teacher to tell them their shorts were too short or theyre not allowed to wear sleeveless tank tops. These "offenses" usually happened in the summer time when sitting forever in a hot building got a wee bit uncomfortable. But yeah, a big deal wasnt made, and the kids were sent to the office to change into shirts/pants left over from lost and found.
    Last edited by Alixie; 2012-04-01 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    She didn't get fired, she resigned. She only had to deal with a 5-day suspension without pay, and state review. She choose to contest situation so it was headed to a trial/review. She resigned before following through. And if you read the article it wasn't about her approaching a student about the dress code violation. But about how she handled the situation.

Exactly...

The subject is not the fact the teacher approached her about the issue it is how they did so.

Best bet would have been to pull her to the side in class and simply mention that her shirt was not within the dress code of the school due to being to revealing.

That would have solved the issue without embarrassing the student.

That is how the teachers at my high school would handle things like that.They would pull you to the side or step outside the room into the hall and away from the rest of the students and talk to the person who was in violation of dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I don't know why she didn't just take the 5 day suspension. Almost as though she wants to make herself into a victim of disproportionate punishment or something.
    You clearly don't know the kind of shit teachers have to put up with, and why so many in public middle/high school teachers resign after few years of teaching if they think they can find other work.

Most girls that wear clothes that show cleavage, do so to be noticed and when they get attention they complain.