Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spine Heroic - Oneshotting Tendons

Greetings fellow raiders and raiderettes! (not to be confused with tourettes)

My guild have been working on Spine 25 H for quite a while now, and especially after the 15% nerf, we are usually making it to the 3rd plate. We are now playing with the idea of oneshotting the last tendon, with BL, pot and everything.

Are there any guilds out there doing it that way, or have tried it?

Our dps is good enough to get the other tendons down in 2 goes without BL or potting so far (although sometimes just barely).

I am interested in hearing from both 10H and 25H raiders.

Logs included for those interested. If you can spot anything else that we need to improve, I'm all open for that too.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lyxnikoc7h33jf5z/

Not sure it can be done with a "normal" setupd, you'll need quite a few mages!

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mines guild tried doing this and they said that the plate just goes back down at 1 HP.

I however cannot say if this was just really bad luck that they got it to 1HP and it went back down or if that's how the fight is designed designed to have two phases for each plate.

Try using BL+pots on first plate. If you can't do it on first plate, there is no doubt that you will fail on third.

While theoretically its possible if you stack burst classes, I doubt, that you will ever rely on it in your normal farm raids.

Most 10man guilds(even world1000+) kill spine in 5 openings, but its still too hard even for top 25man guilds. Difficulty difference between 10 and 25man is ridiculous.

if your're just barely getting them down in 2 burns with no pot or hero then you can just give up the idea imo.

the only reason you are so well with time on tendons on first & second plate is because healers got time to assist in dpsing, which wont happen on third plate because there are so much blood as if fifteen menstruating gigantesses were on the fight aswell.

Deleted
    I think it might be possible but when I say possible I mean only for extremely stacked and decked out guilds of top-end players. Meaning that the guilds who can do it have already killed spine, if you're doing spine now then you're probably better off with a normal strat. And even then I'm not sure it'd be doable, I just assume it might be since I rarely discount anything as completely impossible.

With that said if you're gonna do a Tendon in one go it should be the first, not the 3rd. That way healers and tanks can be a lot more free to help on DPS and you know all your CDs will be up for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

1 shotting a tendon on 25 man is possible with a stacked raid of a good guild, but even then it's better to take the 1st one as all cd's are up. As a guild who is progressing on the fight now and is sometimes only barely getting a plate in 2 goes it's probably impossible. Even if it was possible it would have to be the first one, not the 3rd one.

Edit: they're talking about 25 man here, not 10 man there is a difference. Ontop of that, that is a guild who probably downed it prenerf. That is 2 healing it which is next to imposible even for a guild like that if you'd go a normal amount of lifts and a 10 min+ fight, they are only managing that because of doing the fight so fast. You can see people decked out with 416 weapons, which a guild progressing on spine doesn't exactly have. And the feral almost effectively counts as an extra dps on the tendons as well. And except for the balance druid they have a very high burst settup.

Deleted
    we tried it last raid in 10H on the first tendon
    our setup was by far not the best burst setup
    we killed it with one second left or something

at the third tendon it will be much harder, because of the adds - but i think with best burst setup doable

we have 8/8 hc already, but equip is by far not the best

Hey we're a 10 man guild. We 1 shot the first tendon with Lust with these 5 DPS:

Ret
    Rogue
    Mage
    Hunter
    SPriest

We noticed that the bloods on the third tendon felt significantly easier than they would be if we had done tendon #1 in two lifts. Also the 1 less stack of the -HP debuff is nice. I'd definitely try it. Also healer mana will be much better.

Of course it's harder to do a 1 lift tendon in 25 man, but if you can the benefits on tendon #3 should be similar. I don't think doing the third tendon in 1 lift is likely for a progression guild, especially in 25 man. Try the first one and see if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-03-30 at 10:42 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Thats 10 man and is not comparable to 25 man. Difference in personal dps requirement on tendon is huge on 10 and 25 man... Having that said it is possible but very hard esspecially on 3rd plate. If you are not bringing down tendons to like 25% without pots and lust in 1 lift dont even bother trying. I was watching vodka's stream few weeks ago when they were going for fastest kills on each boss, they were able to do only first platform in one lift and it was tight

You need stacked and decked out raid with some burst classes

Ok, thanks for the feedback, I will pass it along with my team!

Deleted
    Very doable on 25man. Less so on 10man (ratio of dps to healers/tanks is greater in 10man).

25man : each tendon has 28.5m hp, with 17 dps that's 1.67m per dps
    10man : each tendon has 9.2m hp, with 5 dps that's 1.84m per dps.

Add the fact that it's easier to 4-5 heal it on 25man than it is to 2 heal it on 10man and it's definitely doable.

Friend of mine's guild recently did it by zerging the first tendon (shortening the fight, less bloods overall etc, also you have one less HP reduction debuff) and it worked like a charm for them, just make sure to have plenty of mages and rogues and rets. Even without that 1.67m isnt much to do in a full burn with pots and BL.[COLOR="red"]

--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Try using BL+pots on first plate. If you can't do it on first plate, there is no doubt that you will fail on third.

While theoretically its possible if you stack burst classes, I doubt, that you will ever rely on it in your normal farm raids.

Most 10man guilds(even world1000+) kill spine in 5 openings, but its still too hard even for top 25man guilds. Difficulty difference between 10 and 25man is ridiculous.
    Trololol yea right. Just look at 25man logs before you speak please. It's alot easier to do it in 5 burns on 25man if you have the dps.
    Last edited by mmoc241f3fedf6; 2012-03-30 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    A friend of mines guild tried doing this and they said that the plate just goes back down at 1 HP.

I however cannot say if this was just really bad luck that they got it to 1HP and it went back down or if that's how the fight is designed designed to have two phases for each plate.
    Just unlucky, there's vid's of people doing 1-1-1 lifts ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerlol View Post
    Greetings fellow raiders and raiderettes! (not to be confused with tourettes)

My guild have been working on Spine 25 H for quite a while now, and especially after the 15% nerf, we are usually making it to the 3rd plate. We are now playing with the idea of oneshotting the last tendon, with BL, pot and everything.

Are there any guilds out there doing it that way, or have tried it?

Our dps is good enough to get the other tendons down in 2 goes without BL or potting so far (although sometimes just barely).

I am interested in hearing from both 10H and 25H raiders.

Logs included for those interested. If you can spot anything else that we need to improve, I'm all open for that too.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lyxnikoc7h33jf5z/
    Even though we are a 10 man guild we have been thinking about this too. With a non-bursty setup we managed to get the 3rd tendon to 20% with BL and pot with ease. That is with an Arms warrior and a Survival Hunter. I can do a lot more burst as Fury (I'm the Arms warrior) and we could leave out the hunter for another Arcane mage and maybe swap out another DPS for a more bursty one and we could easily burn down the 3rd tendon. And this was done with the 10% nerf and not the 15% so it should be really easy if you go for a burst heavy setup.

Despite this we feel like going with a setup that can handle the Amalgamations and Bloods easier, sacrificing the non-needed burst for more stable DPS and AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We noticed that the bloods on the third tendon felt significantly easier than they would be if we had done tendon #1 in two lifts.
    I don't see how. If you manage residue correctly you're still going to end the first plate with 0 residue and 2-3 bloods. There should be no difference.

Last night we werent even trying to one shot last tendon and we got it to 4%

I know my guild (25 heroic) best burn in p3 on tendon was 31%. That is with lust and only a few DPS potting as we're still cutting it too close on 2nd plate. However, we do not have the most bursty set up http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...9110&target=66 . So total we run with 3 tanks, 16 dps, 6 healers.

edit: that is WoL of tendon damage on kill attempt.

We don't have any problems with tendon damage on the first 2 plates. Usually get both low enough that we don't even wait for the 90s trinkets to come back up or anything. We tried the BL+pot+all cd thing on the first plate and got about 17-18%.

If you are struggling on damage on the first or second plate don't try this. You need to go into the fight planning for 6 lifts.