Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    One time my T11 HM guild wanted me to do interrupt a 0.5 second interrupt cast on Maloriak however I sucked at it

Q_Q thankfully they only assigned that to me once and I never did it again god I was so frustrated -.-
    the way to interupt that was to look at DBM timers and hit interupt when the timer went off. easy as that
    this way not a single tick went off and made it easier for healers, though it was not a problem if 1st tick went through.

incase the enhance shaman didnt show up for halfus i was on interrupt duty..the diffence between enhancment interupts and ele interupts is quite different i litterally had to stop dps for the interrupt and in a 25 man i just focused soley on interrupts couldnt dps at all. that wasnt fair..especialyl since the other shaman didnt show up
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

IMO they were definitely harder. MY guild was actually talking about this the other night and we all really enjoyed that tier of raiding. We only made through 8 of the hard-modes but it still holds good memories for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    Some of the fights were good, others relied on interupting or your group would wipe.

I liked the idea of interupting, but come on you couldn't even do ODS without a shaman.
    We had our Mages and Tank doin' the interrupts, 3 Mages + Tank can easily handle it

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hated Council 25. Maybe now people have enough hitpoints to survive someone messing up P2, but it was oh-so-fun to have 2 different raidwipe mechanics in a single phase, plus 2 other instagibs plus 1 sec interrupt. Aaand let's not forget bugged flame zones not despawning the orbs, or Chain Lightning going off after P3 transition.

T12/13 had its moments, but nothing similar to that, where each of 25 people could wipe your raid instantly. It's kinda funny how pure dps checks would be completely trivial right now, but you'd still need to interrupt 5 different bosses and pay attention to quite a few things.

Edit: Did I read this right and someone on the first page said Al'akir 10 was harder than 25? I mean, really? I guess all those people going 10 man to grab realm first were just being idiots.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-03-31 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Absorb View Post
    the way to interupt that was to look at DBM timers and hit interupt when the timer went off. easy as that
    this way not a single tick went off and made it easier for healers, though it was not a problem if 1st tick went through.
    prenerf 10man, it hurt alot combined with red cauldron, unless you had disco/pally healing setup

I would agree with the tier having too many interrupts on some fights and the ridiculously overtuned 10mans at the start, but it was very interesting tier tbh, definitely more fun than FL or DS, most fun I had since Ulduar.

Tier 11 was more fun than Tier 12 and 13 combined. As usual casuals ruin everything.

Deleted
    T11 is living proof that challenging content means at the same time inspiring and fun content. It could be felt that the developers had fun designing the bosses and the mechanics and they didnt feel rushed. All aspects, especially the voice acting in this tier is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    prenerf 10man, it hurt alot combined with red cauldron, unless you had disco/pally healing setup

I would agree with the tier having too many interrupts on some fights and the ridiculously overtuned 10mans at the start, but it was very interesting tier tbh, definitely more fun than FL or DS, most fun I had since Ulduar.
    Main issue in 10m was the add hp; interrupts were just a minor annoyance that needed done correctly :/

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    incase the enhance shaman didnt show up for halfus i was on interrupt duty..the diffence between enhancment interupts and ele interupts is quite different i litterally had to stop dps for the interrupt and in a 25 man i just focused soley on interrupts couldnt dps at all. that wasnt fair..especialyl since the other shaman didnt show up
    I know it must be so difficult actually worrying about mechanics on a boss encounter instead of DPS. God forbid you "ruin" your precious DPS to kick. You were an elemental Shaman in T11 you were brought as a kickbot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Tier 11 was more fun than Tier 12 and 13 combined. As usual casuals ruin everything.
    yeah cause the casual players developed both raids that followed after t11.
    btw you´re so hardcore!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    I never understood why that was so hard for some DK's. I did it along with 1 mage and soon after I heard of people using 3 mages to help the DK. WTF? All you had to do was run in a large circle and keep slows up. Use hungering cold when the new set of adds spawned and then a ring of frost to bunch the new ones up with the old. Repeat.

But yea, t11 was a pain. However, the people I raid with now are MUCH better than then so ofc these heroics feel easier. I don't have 5 absolute retards I have to carry through.
    I didn't understand it either, We wiped a grand 4 hours one night before asking an officer to switch to his alt DK and do it =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    It took you 3 nights to kill the "hardest boss in the game"?
    This was 10man post nerf. Prenerf i think it was close to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post

T11 was a blast for awhile. But I felt like I burnt out quicker that tier then just about any tier I've done.
    That's kind of to be expected. They shoved all of the best content into the first tier, which also meant that while trying to kill 13 heroic bosses you first had to grind out heroics to get the gear to progress into the raid. It was a long tier. I think if they had switched FL and t11 it would have been comparable to Ulduar. I lost a few friends through t11 though just because throughout the first month it felt like there was constantly something I could be doing to improve my character which probably made me play more than I wanted to.

If anyone remembers heroic Al'akir on the first few months... HAHA it was like pre nerf c'thun. Literally unbeatable.

T11 was the most fun I've had with raiding, EVER. And I've been raiding for a LONG time. We probably averaged 1 (heroic) boss a week and were among the first 10 man guilds (actually THE first non-korean guild if I remember correctly) to down Heroic Cho'gall in the beginning of march. We got tired of smashing our face into the most unbalanced boss ever though (when comparing 10 to 25), Sinestra. Fuck that ugly bitch. We stopped playing for 2-2.5 months until just before Firelands hit, when we all re-subbed and went in and pretty much oneshot her with the nerfs since we tried her last.

I just hope that the entry tier of Pandaria will be as fun and as HARD, with a week of progress on EVERY boss.

Favorite boss: Al'Akir. Second Nefarian. Any of the bosses since, except Ragnaros, just hasn't had as interesting mechanics.

Overall, I believe many of the top guilds agreed that t11 was the hardest tier ever made in this game...I mean, look at any other tier since Ulduar and at least half of the heroics are pretty much freebies, Halfus and Chimaeron were the only real easy ones at launch, as Atramedes had a lot more mechanics in it's initial hardmode state. You had to work your ass off for absolutely everything else on heroic, and normal modes weren't even cleared the first week. And, while pretty much every t11 heroic encounter has gotten adjusted, they never did do a raid-wide health nerf, debuff, buff or anything like that, so yeah, they probably are still not easy.