Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Maryland Resident Wins 640 Million Mega Millions Jackpot!

Maryland sold the winning ticket for last night’s record-breaking $640 million Mega Millions jackpot, lottery officials said. The lucky ticket was purchased at a 7-11 in Baltimore County in the 8000 block of Liberty Road in Milford Mill.

The jackpot is considered the single largest in world history, according to lottery officials.

Sources:
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/03/...n-but-who-won/
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...et-holder.html
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6284252.story

Minus half for taxes, of course.

I predict the winner will be homeless 12 months from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

I can safely and assuredly say I am Jelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Deleted
    If only I had known. :/
    Last edited by mmoc4695cacc2b; 2012-03-31 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    With all this publicity on the win, the person should get out of Maryland. And DEFINITELY get the fuck out of Milford Mill.

Though maybe that could attract even more attention? *raises eyebrows*

Good thing the winner didn't had a heart attack...640 mil...jeezz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    I predict the winner will be homeless 12 months from now.
    Maybe the winner is an MMO-Champion poster?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    If I had know I would've flown to the store and bought every single ticket they had. :/

Huh? Do you guys get random numbers when you buy a ticket or why would you do that?

Deleted
    What are mega millions?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    What are mega millions?
    I think it's the name of the lottery

Havent like all the people to ever win shit likes this in the US been "Mysteriously" killed in accidents or actually murdered by their women, like the one guy i read about :P and thats for way less money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Huh? Do you guys get random numbers when you buy a ticket or why would you do that?
    I'm not entirely American so I didn't know exactly how it's played.

Apparently, you pick five numbers between 1 and 56. And then pick one number between 1 and 42.

The number is randomly picked - so any ticket can be a winner. And not all tickets are even sold, thus why the winning price kept increasing every week. Its not a scratch off like any other prize... "you are not a winner." "you won a free medium size drink!!!!" "You won a small side of french fries!!!... but only if you spend $20 worth of food." yaaay...

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    The number is randomly picked - so any ticket can be a winner. And not all tickets are even sold, thus why the winning price kept increasing every week. Its not a scratch off like any other prize... "you are not a winner." "you won a free medium size drink!!!!" "You won a small side of french fries!!!... but only if you spend $20 worth of food." yaaay...
    Wtf. So it's not even up to you to decide your own numbers? What a worthless system in my eyes... it is up to a computer to decide your fate :/

And on top of that, it's not even entirely anonymous who won... this is like the capital punishment for everyone who wins.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to hear what he does with the money if he is silly and makes it public knowledge. Would love to hear some went to some decent charity, though.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm pretty sure (I honestly never "played") you can pick your numbers, but a machine picks the random numbers to decide the winning ticket, if such a ticket was even purchased.

It can be anonymous as far as I'm aware, but usually its not the case. "So Joe, I see you bought a lot of neat stuff lately... a lot of neat expensive stuff"

To be fair, I'm just making an educated guess from what I have seen/heard. I can be entirely wrong. The last number picked though is the nail in the coffin. If the first (5?) numbers match up, but the mega super duper number doesn't, I believe you still "win" something, but obviously not even a million.
    Last edited by RemJay24; 2012-03-31 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lucky person will now have family that he/she didn't know existed. Personally id leave the country head too the islands until the shit dies down lol
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Wtf. So it's not even up to you to decide your own numbers? What a worthless system in my eyes... it is up to a computer to decide your fate :/

And on top of that, it's not even entirely anonymous who won... this is like the capital punishment for everyone who wins.
    You can choose to assign your own numbers (Often times made easier via a card that you fill in bubbles indicating the number set you want for your pick), or you can choose to have the computer generate a "random" set of numbers for your pick.

Out of all the winners, most have been computer-generated. Picking numbers based on a pattern (i.e. your kids' birthdays or some such nonsense) isn't going to yield a higher chance to win, anyway.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

You can pick your numbers and more than one person can have a winning ticket. If there is more than one winner, the prize is split evenly among the ticket holders.