Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Ah OK, thought maybe something changed and i wasn´t aware of.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you had any type of reading comprehension, you would see that I have.
    Then you missed the years worth of posts on the computer forums where people with Sandy Bridge knew there wouldn't be massive gains compared to jumping to a Sandy bridge, whereas Bulldozer was meant to compete with Sandy Bridge and it struggled to even stay ahead of it's two year old hexcores.

And I posted two minutes after you did acknowledge the tick-tock system so there's no real reason to be a douchebag.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yes and I didn't say it won't, I simply said I'd personally upgrade my motherboard for the added benefits of newer tech.
    Native USB 3.0, in some cases going from gen 2 to gen 3 PCI-E (if ones P67/Z68 didn't support it already) and.. what am I missing? I don't see much motivation for switching motherboard looking strictly at the new features.

Not that I don't get it in your case, I think you've become much more of an enthusiast since your purchase of P8P67 and will see some fun with upgrading to a more feature rich motherboard And then it makes perfect sense to have waited for Z77.

In my case.. nah. My mobo is fancy enough. I'm waiting for the CPU overclocking tests. Does it look bright for an average of 5GHz on a 3770K, I will buy one! For fun! Mwaha!

Deleted
    If you had any type of reading comprehension, you would see that I have.
    Are you able to comment on anything without looking like someone searching for a fight? Gets old quickly. I bet you knew when you told us this:

I'm surprised everyone isn't screaming like children and blindly hating on Intel for releasing such a lackluster chip in terms of performance over the previous generation. You know... like they did when AMD did the exact same thing.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular at all, just find it interesting. Regardless, with such poor gains, expect AMD to rush piledriver to the market as fast as possible. It might just be their generation to shine.
    Either way I see nothing lackluster with IB and at least they're not releasing a chip that gets beaten by their current chips. Also when you make such a great component it's obviously harder to improve next generation. Hell I hope AMD release something better, it would be great for competition.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Not that I don't get it in your case, I think you've become much more of an enthusiast since your purchase of P8P67 and will see some fun with upgrading to a more feature rich motherboard And then it makes perfect sense to have waited for Z77.
    <3

I am taking that as a full-fledged compliment Wries. :P

Honestly, I look back and regret a large chunk of the purchases I initially made in March 2011... so a better motherboard in general would be great for me. This motherboard is just all levels of terrible imo. =/ No true multi-GPU support (second full PCIe lane only runs at 1x...), not the greatest power regulators for the CPU and what-not. Don't care much for USB 3 though. :P

Also, my motherboard is just so deeply on the low-end... so what can I say. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm surprised everyone isn't screaming like children and blindly hating on Intel for releasing such a lackluster chip in terms of performance over the previous generation. You know... like they did when AMD did the exact same thing.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular at all, just find it interesting. Regardless, with such poor gains, expect AMD to rush piledriver to the market as fast as possible. It might just be their generation to shine.
    I'm surprised you're comparing the Ivy Bridge, which actually has a gain, to Bulldozer that couldn't even more than "keep up" with its own predecessor.

Moreover, we knew well ahead of time that they were trying to accommodate more graphical power this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Are you able to comment on anything without looking like someone searching for a fight? Gets old quickly. I bet you knew when you told us this:

Either way I see nothing lackluster with IB and at least they're not releasing a chip that gets beaten by their current chips. Also when you make such a great component it's obviously harder to improve next generation. Hell I hope AMD release something better, it would be great for competition.
    Considering I corrected the person what... 2 minutes later on their "explanation" of tick/tock, I'm pretty sure I've known well beforehand. Either way, as I pointed out earlier (look at q6xxx vs q9xxx comparisons for example), this is a very small increase compared to previous die shrinks. Almost the least gain aside from Nehalem/Westmere. I suppose that's now becoming the trend for Intel.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I was kinda disappointed with the ivory, was expecting bigger results. If you're building a whole new rig it's worth the price but just for an upgrade I'd pass.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I corrected the person what... 2 minutes later on their "explanation" of tick/tock, I'm pretty sure I've known well beforehand. Either way, as I pointed out earlier (look at q6xxx vs q9xxx comparisons for example), this is a very small increase compared to previous die shrinks. Almost the least gain aside from Nehalem/Westmere. I suppose that's now becoming the trend for Intel.
    You're still trying to compare apples and oranges. AMD's Bulldozer did not compete at all with Intels offerings. They barely pulled ahead of their hexcores released two years prior. Expecting people to be up in arms that Ivy isn't blowing Sandy out of the water is a bit silly just because people did so about AMDs offerings. People expecting Ivy to be amazing compared to Sandy doesn't make any sense considering we were told before hand the gains wouldn't be as much as going from the predecessor to the SB's. Besides, if there was a huge jump then you're looking at Intel having a even bigger portion of the PC market due the lopsided performance if it did indeed improve much higher than the SB's.

Finally, You really should try to fight less, it makes you sound like a whiny little kid and no one ends up taking you seriously.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2012-03-31 at 04:00 PM. Reason: readability
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    You're still trying to compare apples and oranges. AMD's Bulldozer did not compete at all with Intels offerings. They barely pulled ahead of their hexcores released two years prior. Expecting people to be up in arms that Ivy isn't blowing Sandy out of the water is a bit silly just because people did so about AMDs offerings. People expecting Ivy to be amazing compared to Sandy doesn't make any sense considering we were told before hand the gains wouldn't be as much as going from the predecessor to the SB's. Besides, if there was a huge jump then you're looking at Intel having a even bigger portion of the PC market due the lopsided performance if it did indeed improve much higher than the SB's.

Finally, You really should try to fight less, it makes you sound like a whiny little kid and no one ends up taking you seriously.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure no where was I comparing the two architectures. I simply pointed out that this was a very lackluster die shrink.

Also, no where in my post do I see myself fighting. However, saying I should fight less because no one will take me seriously, then insulting me calling me a "whiny little kid" is beyond hypocritical.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

If you can't play nice, don't play at all.
    Thread closed.
    &nbsp;