Poll: Why do you read the information about beta and is it information overload?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted

Possible information overload?

Hello,

So I woke up today, had breakfast, turned on my PC, checked various sites as I usually do and then clicked my bookmark for MMO-C and saw the front page with all the information about mechanics and abilities of bosses in raids and dungeons. I then wondered if it isn't information overload to give us so much?

Sure, many people will want to get as much information as they can for multiple reasons like some might want it so they can strategize to try to get world/realm firsts or to make sure they don't wipe when leveling or whatever. Or how some people do all the quests so they can get complete all the quests ASAP to get a realm 1st 90 or whatever.

Those reasons are completely understandable but am I the only one who wants to login when it comes out and be able to awe at the game and be surprised at the little things or sometimes even laugh if I wipe at some stupid mechanic I didn't know about on a boss? (yes I do that and I'm sure others do too)
    Before you say stuff like: ''just don't read the front page'' or ''it's optional to find out'' and stuff lke that; I know it's optional and I won't be reading it but I still wanted to post this anyway.

So the point is this:

Do you think it's information overload? Do you check and read it for the sake of it? To make sure you get world/realm firsts? Because you're bored? What?

Thanks for reading.

I'll also be adding a poll as soon as I can.

Deleted
    Yes, us min-maxers have heads exploding don't we?

But we can take it slowing I think.

It takes time till release.

Deleted
    When actual MoP is launching, I want to know how to level up quick and to raid fast at 90 so I have time to level up pandaren monk when ''there's nothing else to do'' when I hit the same point in end-game when I just do weekly stuff on my main like raids/arena cap/JP/VP cap. So no, there's no information overload for me.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It gives you some sort of idea what is ahead, but it is a very long time till release so you won't have to worry much right now. If you're aiming for server firsts / world firsts, some info can be absorbed now and worked on later, especially when raids are being tested on beta at a later date.

Deleted
    I look at the wall of text, go "meh, cba..." and then go on to do something else :P

A couple of months ago i would have read it, but i'm losing interest and am kind of taking a break atm...

This information is nice to have at hand, but surely it is huge spoiler. I fully agree with you on how it feels when you log into game and feel surprised at everything new, how cool it feels in comparison when you log and already know what to expect/where to go/what to do. And most raiding guilds demand their raiders to spoil game for themselves (fast levelling, watching videos, boss strats before first boss attempts, etc.).

Imho, all instance content, or at least raids, should be under NDA closed testing. Also, I'd make it so Beta servers had only complicated quests with complicated mechanics, which would require testing, while all other quests not accessible to players, and awarding 100 times more experience to make up for lack of all other quests. Beta is for testing after all, not for playing or using it to get World Firsts as level 90, in profs, in raids as additional training for "competition" etc.

It would also unload Beta servers from all people who, honestly, should have no business with Beta in first place.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-03-31 at 04:54 PM.