Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will legacy abilities and spells unlocks be usable in pvp?

So, to start this off , im against this stupid move by Bioware to allow for example Sith "purebloods" to be jedi or other republic classes, I would like them to be only as social and not as core , like bounty hunters using force lightning in an operation or flashpoint or warzone.

So has there been any official reply on this matter? I don't want to see sith marauders with flame throwers in warzones or flashpoints or operations and NOT AT ALL against other players in World PvP!

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    No.. because heroic moment (the ability activated to turn on the legacy abilities) needs a companion active,

Deleted
    They already said it will be heroic moment abilities which means you'll need a companion out to use them, as for using it in World PVP, well, it's just that, regulating World PVP is stupid..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    They already said it will be heroic moment abilities which means you'll need a companion out to use them, as for using it in World PVP, well, it's just that, regulating World PVP is stupid..
    This is something that really puts me off and makes pvp out in the open imbalanced . Im not sure I would come back to the game because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    This is something that really puts me off and makes pvp out in the open imbalanced . Im not sure I would come back to the game because of this.
    PvP out in the open is never balanced, so if this puts you off then you were never in. There are so many factors in World PvP that it's hard to even imagine it to being balanced. For example, The lvl, the companion, whether or not you are in combat with some mobs, the amount of hp each person has and ofc how many people are fighting. Plus its a 20 min cd on Heroic Moment so it will only matter for one fight in those 20 mins.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Other than the fact that people can easily outnumber/outgear/outlevel you? I myself enjoy world PVP but I'm not imagining it nicer than it is ;P

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    PvP out in the open is never balanced, so if this puts you off then you were never in. There are so many factors in World PvP that it's hard to even imagine it to being balanced. For example, The lvl, the companion, whether or not you are in combat with some mobs, the amount of hp each person has and ofc how many people are fighting. Plus its a 20 min cd on Heroic Moment so it will only matter for one fight in those 20 mins.
    True, but if I remember correct, there is sapose to be a thing in the legacy system to lower the cd on Heroic Moment. So that could make it were it would be used more often, if even used at all. Who knows how great or silly they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ganicus View Post
    True, but if I remember correct, there is sapose to be a thing in the legacy system to lower the cd on Heroic Moment. So that could make it were it would be used more often, if even used at all. Who knows how great or silly they will be.
    It only lowers it by like 2 minutes, so it's still a 18 minute CD.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    PvP out in the open is never balanced, so if this puts you off then you were never in.
    This is basically where the thread ends. Organized world PvP is balanced by the sheer number of players that are usually involved. Random encounters out in the open world are not balanced and are not really meant to be balanced. They're like fun random events where he might be stronger, you might be stronger, or it might be an even match. I personally like the idea of facing off against a Sith Warrior and he surprises me with a flamethrower attack.

No it wont same with pve ops. They have mentioned this pretty much everytime the new legacy changes are talked about. The only thing I believe you will be able to use that might effect pvp or pve is the extra buffs which may not be an option either.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    World PVP is dead, and dead in all MMOs. People dont want to PVP in open areas unless they have the advantage so everyone sticks to warzone/battle ground/organized PVP.

Coming across another player and ganking/attacking is not world PVP imo, its random pvp which all games will still have - however epic open world battles wont just happen; there are not enough intensives for it and its not advantageous (or if you are on the bad side you will avoid it).

Quote Originally Posted by ganicus View Post
    You can lower the CD by 5 minutes total. This means you can STILL use your legacy abilities, at best, for 2 minutes out of every 15.

LOL seriously? about world pvp which rarely occurs and an ability you can use once in a while? wow. that is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    World PVP is dead, and dead in all MMOs. People dont want to PVP in open areas unless they have the advantage so everyone sticks to warzone/battle ground/organized PVP.

Coming across another player and ganking/attacking is not world PVP imo, its random pvp which all games will still have - however epic open world battles wont just happen; there are not enough intensives for it and its not advantageous (or if you are on the bad side you will avoid it).
    World pvp might be dead in the games you play or the servers you play them on but thats not true of all games and servers. Just today I did a world pvp event that had over 300 ppl on it from both sides with a few others frapsing and viewing the fight. True things like that are few and far between sometimes but it sill happens in a smaller scale often.

As far as SWTOR specific world pvp its never going to be really big on pve servers since there arent capitol cities that can really be attacked or places to fight in that are really far out of the way. With how long any response team would be the attacks would be over in most places. The best we can hope for it pvp by the world bosses on each planet and that rarely happens since most servers have huge faction ballance issues or just low population issues.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

as far as I see the legacy system offers almost none real advantages for operations or warzones.
    you'll see new race combinations there, some stat boosts from companion completions and a fe guys who can buff multiple buffs and some new emotes. but thats pretty much it.

From playing on the ptr, the legacy system seems to me to be very over-hyped, and extremely under-delivered. it has so many restrictions and rules, it needs to be renamed the fallacy system. Had 3 days left on my 90 days prepaid time from launch, and the ptr sold me on the fact that i would never be coming back to this game.

If only the market wasn't saturated with people quitting the game, i could possibly sell the account and regain my losses for investing in this hunk of junk. (Apologies to anyone ahead of time who is really enjoying swtor, but this is a forum, for posting our opinions.)
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    From playing on the ptr, the legacy system seems to me to be very over-hyped, and extremely under-delivered. it has so many restrictions and rules, it needs to be renamed the fallacy system. Had 3 days left on my 90 days prepaid time from launch, and the ptr sold me on the fact that i would never be coming back to this game.

If only the market wasn't saturated with people quitting the game, i could possibly sell the account and regain my losses for investing in this hunk of junk. (Apologies to anyone ahead of time who is really enjoying swtor, but this is a forum, for posting our opinions.)
    Posting opinions in a constructive manner, not trash talking.

"If only the market wasn't saturated with people quitting the game, I could possibly sell the account and regain some of my investment, being I didn't like this game."

Was that so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post

I'll put aside the obvious unconstructive bash and argue the point for a second. It's set up in such a way so that players don't "feel" that they need to mix max and pick required legacy perks and abilties. It's entirely a flavor/fun system that's not meant to be used for anything competitive. It's meant to give some customization to the game.

As for the rest of what you said all I can say is response is good riddance.

Deleted
    Not only will Legacy unlocks let you decrease the CD of HC moment, but also let you increase it's active duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Posting opinions in a constructive manner, not trash talking.

"If only the market wasn't saturated with people quitting the game, I could possibly sell the account and regain some of my investment, being I didn't like this game."

Was that so hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'll put aside the obvious unconstructive bash and argue the point for a second. It's set up in such a way so that players don't "feel" that they need to mix max and pick required legacy perks and abilties. It's entirely a flavor/fun system that's not meant to be used for anything competitive. It's meant to give some customization to the game.

As for the rest of what you said all I can say is response is good riddance.
    Both of you are 100% correct. For some reason, i cant even speak about this game without complete disdain coming out of my mouth (or fingers in this case). My apologies if i offended either of you with my tactless remarks.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.