Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This guy isn't here to learn anything, he just wants to argue against the game in anyway he can, so it's really pointless talking to him.

You know what's really unfair? Those players who are smarter than me and play the auction house, as well as those who are able to play for 80% of their waking day. I mean these people have so much more gold than me! How can I ever compete!?

Bottom line is, you can indirectly use money to buy gold, but this doesn't mean that's bad. You can buy nothing with that gold that anyone else can't buy. You don't have exclusive access to gear that is superior to the gear people who don't spend money obtain. And guess what? You won't ever know the difference between people who used real money to buy gems to get gold to get their gear and those who simply farmed the gold themselves, in game. Know why? Because there is no difference. They will have the same gear, the same stats, the same whatever. All Anets microtransactions do is allow players to decide what they invest in the game. Will it be time, or money?

Also, in order to get enough gold to buy good things (gear, guild perks, etc) through microtransactions, you would have to spend heaps of money.

So, your argument worries me little and less.

I'm also confused about how you can buy power.

I really like your post OP, unfortunately for you none of us care at all.

I honestly could care less if they sell "power" via micro transactions. I will still be playing this game, and skill > gear always.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    The only way that items are not power is if at every level of the game, and in every part of the game, everyone is in the same item, and cannot possibly upgrade nor downgrade their items.
    Oh wait... I think he's finally getting close to understanding how GW2 actually works!