10+ Year Old Account

One thing you'd change about GW2

I know it's a small thing, but the first mod I want to install is a damage changing font mod, I hate the current default font. Also, some of the art/armor makes the game seems a little...Japanese-ish? *Cringe*. Other than that, this game will for sure be my next big time MMO!

What would you guys change? (whether it be a small change or big one)

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose those could be considered sub-topics of my question, but I was just asking in general, not specifically about addons, or why might GW2 fail.

Pretty sure any answer given to this thread would fit into one of those three threads with slight wording changes, though.
    I'd change the amount of people exaggerating 'issues' to get a rise out of people and start arguments.
    Examples include the cash shop, the dynamic events, the 'no endgame'. There are more, but I already have a bad taste in my mouth due to memories of discussions about those ones.

(By the way, that answer I just gave could have fit in the 'what are your concerns' if I re-worded it. I'm such an ass :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I see that, not like I'm trying to start arguments lol. I had a long conversation with my best friends about what we'd change, in general, about the game, just wanted to see what everyone else thought! Also, nice white text lol, almost didn't see it

Deleted
    ---nothing

Oh, I'd also change the fact that there's no player housing on launch.
    A gw2 dev has said they will add it along with guild housing at a later date, but I want it nooooow.

More beta events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! Runescape housing initiate! Lol, but seriously, that sounds like it would be a good idea if they implemented it right

Quote Originally Posted by Baeo View Post
    Yeah! Runescape housing initiate! Lol, but seriously, that sounds like it would be a good idea if they implemented it right
    So many MMOs have a housing system, and you mention Runescape's?!
    I liked LOTRO's, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao, Runescape was the only MMO I played with actual housing, and it was quite lame! I've never even played LOTRO, was the housing system that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Baeo View Post
    Lmao, Runescape was the only MMO I played with actual housing, and it was quite lame! I've never even played LOTRO, was the housing system that good?
    Yes, I loved LOTRO's housing. EQ2 had a housing system to, though I never played it.
    Tibia had a housing system to, and because the game population was low your houses weren't instanced and were just there in the city and you bought them.
    I remember seeing a trailer for Aion advertising player housing before I quit a few months after the game's release.
    Sadly, it wasn't enough to keep me playing, as much as I <3 player housing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    So many MMOs have a housing system, and you mention Runescape's?!
    I liked LOTRO's, personally.
    Thats probably the only things I would say is missing in this game untill now.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...with-this-game
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...in-Guildwars-2
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cal-discussion
    No need to start a new thread for this, is there?
    Any things you'd like to change can fit into one of those three threads.

Hah, your "that guy"

Anyways, I remember hearing that traits were originally obtained via exploring and stuff? I could be flat out wrong, but I really liked the sound of that, would revert it back to that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    Hah, your "that guy"

Anyways, I remember hearing that traits were originally obtained via exploring and stuff? I could be flat out wrong, but I really liked the sound of that, would revert it back to that tbh.
    That's still sorta in the game, but instead of traits you get skill points to buy skills with, and the exploring part of it is looking for the skill challengers that give the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    Hah, your "that guy"

I'm lots of different "that guy"s.
    I'm sure you're lots of different "that guy"s to.
    I just don't like seeing repeated threads, this forum is hard enough to keep track of all the conversations as it is without the same conversation being made in multiple threads.

They did a complete re-haul of the trait system before the first press beta, as after testing they decided it would be better this way.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The community.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    The community.
    Knowing that the statement you just made was aimed partly at me makes me pretty sad.

If it helps, I'm much less of an ass in-game and am usually more than willing to help people with things as long as I don't dislike them and am not busy.

I'LL TRY, SNOW. FOR YOU. FOR YOU.

As Delias pointed out, there are a number of other threads discussing the same topic already (or almost identical), there doesn't need to be another thread on this. Closing.