Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Facebookusers forced to use timeline

Am I the only one that dislikes timeline? Well no need anymore as facebook is going to force their users, on the 7th of april, to use timeline.

Timeline loads slower then the usual old facebook, it's a bigger clusterf*ck then the old model and on top of that I don't give a rats ass what people did in 1993.

Anyone agree? I hate timeline so much I rather cancel my whole account

So cancel it :P
    Honestly facebook creates so many privacy concerns that putting shit in chronological order is pretty low on my list of reasons for angst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you even cancel the account?

Deleted
    Im with you, fucking hate it, pissed im being forced into it

i actually still havent been switched over sooooo yay me

Bro you act like facebook hasn't ever forced a change on us, they've done it 5 times since i've been on there. If you don't like something don't use it. Words to live by.
    wtf??!11?? I'm transforming to carrot, amagad!

I see nothing wrong with the timeline, It just makes your wall look more organized. I don't have problems loading it either.
    "I am chivalrous proportional to the size of breasts." -Orissa

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand the timeline..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    How do you even cancel the account?
    Wondering the same, I "deleted" my account months ago but still can log in with it apparently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0shift View Post
    Bro you act like facebook hasn't ever forced a change on us, they've done it 5 times since i've been on there. If you don't like something don't use it. Words to live by.
    There is a big big difference between getting Timeline which is slow as crap because it's LOADS EVERYTHING that I don't want to know, beeing a big clusterf*ck on 1 page then having 1 list ( which is expandable ) with the latest 10 recent posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stand Timeline, but I've forsaken Facebook for twitter anyway so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by rayoshi View Post
    Wondering the same, I "deleted" my account months ago but still can log in with it apparently.
    It's probably designed that every time you log in after you "delete" your account it reactivates. Hotmail has the same basis that once you close it it will remain active for like 3 months. If no activity in that time, they shut it down and delete it. If you log in to "see if it's still there", its reactivated and you have to start all over.

Lol I still havent been forced to use it *shrug*.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Lol I still havent been forced to use it *shrug*.
    When I clicked my own facebook I saw my timeline-example. It stated it would be implemented in April

how are you being forced to use it? whenever it asks me do you want to use it i say no. "insert statement about only morons dont read stuff" but honestly you never needed to say yes to it at all i dont know why you did

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    When I clicked my own facebook I saw my timeline-example. It stated it would be implemented in April
    Weird, I havent got any such warnings or previews yet. Im like hoping they forgot about me :P I dont like the timeline either.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fudruker View Post
    how are you being forced to use it? whenever it asks me do you want to use it i say no. "insert statement about only morons dont read stuff" but honestly you never needed to say yes to it at all i dont know why you did
    They're changing everybody's profiles this month, regardless of whether you want it or not, just like they did with the news feed and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rayoshi View Post
    As far as I know (and it might very well be that I'm not correct), you can't really delete your account through a simple button press. The only thing you can do is deactivate it, which doesn't do much at all. You have to write a mail to Facebook if you want your data to be erased from their system (and even then it probably will still be stored somewhere at Facebook, though not public anymore).

What's so bad about timeline? I kinda like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Timeline is wonderful, so I don't really see a problem. I've been using it for the past few months at least, and it's been hassle-free.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

I don't even comprehend why anyone could claim it to be wonderful or likable. It removes basic oversight, since it's now arranged in a clusterfuck of confusion, even if it's in relative timeline. Comments are now harder to track. Announcements or statements, comments, or content in general is just all over the fucking place.

And it's slow and clumsy when loading.

Seriously, do tell how it's "wonderful" or anything. It literally doesn't have a single useful feature as far as I see.