Malady - For or Against?

Simple question, what is your opinion on Malady?

Personally, I see it as complimenting Wit's End as opposed to being strictly worse. The items fill two very different roles, WE filling a more tanky role, where Malady fills an excellent on hit build, especially for champs with passive damage that capitalizes on mshred (Twitch, Teemo, TF, Fizz, Oriana, Kayle, Kog, even Udyr to an extent), or any champ that builds an MBR as part of a consistent build.

I had an argument with some kid earlier about how Wit's End is always better because it does almost twice the damage. He refused to acknowledge that Malady beefs damage from every single spell you cast, and a large majority of the unique item damage effects.

Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    Simple question, what is your opinion on Malady?

Personally, I see it as complimenting Wit's End as opposed to being strictly worse. The items fill two very different roles, WE filling a more tanky role, where Malady fills an excellent on hit build, especially for champs with passive damage that capitalizes on mshred (Twitch, Teemo, TF, Fizz, Oriana, Kayle, Kog, even Udyr to an extent), or any champ that builds an MBR as part of a consistent build.

I had an argument with some kid earlier about how Wit's End is always better because it does almost twice the damage. He refused to acknowledge that Malady beefs damage from every single spell you cast, and a large majority of the unique item damage effects.
    Most of the time against, since I consider it too costly to be worth the MR shred while still being too cheap(and thus too weak) to be worth the slot.

It's not a bad item in general, just that there are better items for the first few choices and after a certain point it's too weak to be something to invest into, generally speaking. [As always, there are certain exceptions.]

One of the biggest downsides, imo, is that it loses a LOT of worth when you have to switch targets. [Which Wit's End doesn't. :P]
    The stacking mechanism itself is also not all that great...

So, in essence: Malady, imo, faces pretty much the same problems as Black Cleaver: Needs to stack, bad when switching targets, lower damage than comparable items and not as good an end-game item as the alternatives.

I only build it as Carry Kayle on Dominion ARAB or other troll games. Frigging owns.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

i am kinda unsure on how good it is, and therefore i dont use it alot, but i think it is a cool item and i hope they can remake it at some point so its a good lategame items ala lich bane for some champs.

Deleted
    Give me back my old Malady...
    My Teemo demands it!