Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Adopt an Orphan!

I was browsing the WoW forums when suddenly I saw an interesting thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Mdarkskull
    I love the children's week, it's a lot of fun :3

but I hate it when I have to take my orphans back to their orphanage... I don't know, it just feels so sad...

please allow us to be able to choose between taking them back to the orphanage (and getting one of those normal companions) or adopting the orphans, taking them with us forever...

that would make me so happy X3

• How could it Happen: In the Last quest in the chain (the one you take the orphan back to the orphanage) there could be an option for a Quest Reward named "Adoption Documents".

This item would begin a new quest whose reward would be a permanent version of the orphans (not so orphan anymore :3). They could be called "Curious Blood Elf Child" (or another race) to be similar to the northrend orphans...
    Please support this thread in the Official Forums. I love this idea and I bet many people would love it too

Here's the Link to it: I want to be a parent (T_T)
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-03-31 at 09:43 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll support it then I can be a big daddy from Bioshock! All though I'm more likely a big sister now due to my race change haha

1 person?

woa. that's twice as much support as I thought I would get

Deleted
    Yeah, can't wait to use him for pet battles!

jokes aside, I too would like to play a big daddy and see the orphan grow into a mighty warrior

As a roleplayer I heartily approve of this idea :P

Deleted
    Would be very cool, I would just hope you could adopt one of the northrend ones..

10+ Year Old Account
    we can adopt a gorloc/ wolvar so i don't see why not :P we can even have argent crusade kid follow us across the world when hes like 10? 0o

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Would be very cool, I would just hope you could adopt one of the northrend ones..
    you already can :P
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=46545#reward-from-q

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my argent crusade squire to grow up and learn to be a knight in the good old fashion way.. instead of forever being a silly little kid.. who always stops out of range when you first call him and want your mail or trade goods. "god damn it kid.. i said Come here"
    that aside.. i want a draenie orphan they are so cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    I'll support it then I can be a big daddy from Bioshock! All though I'm more likely a big sister now due to my race change haha
    Or you could play their hideous adoptive grandmother!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for a quest to kidnap a cross-faction orphan and make them your child, haha! Otherwise, as Alliance, I'd want a Gilnean or draenei son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaldrus View Post
    I vote for a quest to kidnap a cross-faction orphan and make them your child, haha! Otherwise, as Alliance, I'd want a Gilnean or draenei son.
    my god a baby worgen would be so cute :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    my god a baby worgen would be so cute :S
    There is no baby worgens, they arent affected. unless a Gilnean woman and a gilnean Man who both are affected by this curse, convice and get a child.
    The child gileans we see in the starting zone, it was never indicated that they were affected, nor was it confirmed that they were NOT affected, tho my guess is, that they were not affeted, as you had to be bitten.

Deleted
    Sure, this is actually a nice idea, like we adopted the Northrend oracle/gorlock children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Yeah, can't wait to use him for pet battles!

jokes aside, I too would like to play a big daddy and see the orphan grow into a mighty warrior
    the pet battles shall only make him stronger!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Deleted
    I'm always sad when I have to return Salandria to the orphanage. I love that demented, little bugger! She is, at least, adopted by Lady Liadrin, so that's something. Gives my blood elf paladin a good excuse to visit the B.I.L.F. ("Boss I'd like to...").

Hell, they could make up some story that you and the orphans' respective adopters have joined custody so you could have them as permanent companions. Although, allowing them to be used in the poke-battles would be a little too morally shady for me! >_<'

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I'm always sad when I have to return Salandria to the orphanage. I love that demented, little bugger! She is, at least, adopted by Lady Liadrin, so that's something. Gives my blood elf paladin a good excuse to visit the B.I.L.F. ("Boss I'd like to...").

Hell, they could make up some story that you and the orphans' respective adopters have joined custody so you could have them as permanent companions. Although, allowing them to be used in the poke-battles would be a little too morally shady for me! >_<'
    how's it any different from using baby murlocs, baby gorlocs, baby wolvar, etc?

frog-people's children are also children

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    how's it any different from using baby murlocs, baby gorlocs, baby wolvar, etc?

frog-people's children are also children
    Good point, that's not too kosher by me either really! >_<'

Especially the Wolvar and Oracle babies after we pretty much commit genocide on their respective tribes in Sholazar. We're... We're not good heroes...
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-04-18 at 02:51 PM.

That would be like taking a kid on a test drive.
    In the end I decide to trade it in for a turtle. Turtles are less needy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    There is no baby worgens, they arent affected. unless a Gilnean woman and a gilnean Man who both are affected by this curse, convice and get a child.
    The child gileans we see in the starting zone, it was never indicated that they were affected, nor was it confirmed that they were NOT affected, tho my guess is, that they were not affeted, as you had to be bitten.
    The worgen curse is spread by sharing blood, too. We see this during (oddly, the Horde's quests in) Silverpine Forest.

Since a baby shares blood with its mother, the curse would spread that way. Therefore there would be baby worgen! Would a mother have just one, or would they have several 'pups' at once? :S

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    The worgen curse is spread by sharing blood, too. We see this during (oddly, the Horde's quests in) Silverpine Forest.

Since a baby shares blood with its mother, the curse would spread that way. Therefore there would be baby worgen! Would a mother have just one, or would they have several 'pups' at once? :S
    not to mention that a kid could just drink "worgen tea" (the worgen blood that the hillsbrad citizens drank like tea on fenris isle lol) and go feral puppy