Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[RIFT] Expansion details leaked!

Happy April's Fools Day!

Deleted
    slightly on topic is there any news of a rift expansion, like do we know if there is one in the making?

God dammit you got me ..

10+ Year Old Account
    and what a spot on sig ya got there too

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    and i didnt think you would do that D:
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

ooooohh u dirty son of a......... (got all excited for a minute lol)

you got me man lol damn you!
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Deleted
    I was thinking it was april's fool joke but clicked in anyway, also noticed the highest number of people looking at rift forums prolly cause of it
    Be well Tarien!

Thank god you're joking.

Actually saw a thread on Official forums yesterday claiming to have insider info that an expansion was being announced on April 6th but the thread was deleted by moderators within about 3 minutes of being posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to earn yourself an INFRACTION........ April Fools!

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I got my expectations up "Hopefully some awesome shizzle that's gonna give rift another chance" oh well, you got me
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Crazy people, it's still March 31.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Get with the times, it's April 1st in the majority of the world, majority rules!

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Man I got my expectations up "Hopefully some awesome shizzle that's gonna give rift another chance" oh well, you got me
    Trust me, there are seven major updates out with an eighth due in a couple weeks or so, there is plenty of 'awesome shizzle' that makes RIFT worth another chance

Wait a second. It's March 31st... crazy Brits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wait a second. It's March 31st... crazy Brits.
    This x 100.

slightly on topic is there any news of a rift expansion, like do we know if there is one in the making?
    Since March of last year according to Scott Hartsman. But no details, its clear from comments that they want us to be able to enter the plane's somehow. I expect an official announcement later this year. Around the time the Crucia raid hits the PTS as that will probably be the final raid of vanilla Rift.
    Its very possible they may announce the expansion At PAX East which is next week IIRC. But honestly the reality is we have no idea. I'm just enjoying all the awesome stuff coming and excited about the other things we know are coming but aren't even on the PTS yet (Mentoring, PTW, Estarim, Crucia Raid, IA's in all zones)
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-04-01 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    I thought rift was a failure why would the make an expansion?

<Mod Edit: Please post constructively or not at all>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-04-01 at 04:24 AM.

I'm hoping there's no news of a Rift expansion for awhile yet. If there's anything 'important' being released in an upcoming MMO, it'd be nice for Trion to take it into account when determining where their features or investments are going (supposing it's not too late, of course). I'm not saying "Trion needs to steal" X idea, only that when an expansion is well on its way to being completed, it's as revolutionary and cutting edge as possible. It also wouldn't hurt to let the hype/excitement die for some other games and expansions first.

The longer we go without an expansion announcement, the more impressive each patch becomes with feature implementation and additional forms of gameplay. When you see a semi-expansion every patch or two, anticipation for a proper expansion reaches critical levels, and that should be more than worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    this was in the recent Q&A

"Thanks for the extra role and adding pre-made “Purposes” in update 1.7 – do you feel there is room for extra souls or even callings in the future?

This is probably the second most common question we get (After will there be housing) and the short answer is yes. We definitely plan on expanding the soul system, we’ve been super happy with how successful it has been and in the players response to its flexibility and options. With that in mind we don’t plan on a large scale update (adding new souls, levels or callings) for live at this time, though we have a good solid idea what we would do when it comes to expanding the game further."
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Not everywhere in the world.

But I love how with Rift it's like, you see expansion and you're like... NOO!!!! I saw this title and I was like oh f.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water