Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    I participated in the beta to vanilla wow... been playin ever since.

That being said, I also had my account banned from the forums at the start of cata.

Basically you cannot post anything on blizz forums that paints the company in a bad light (regardless of how truthful).

They hide behind the guise of calling it trolling when in fact you are merely expressing your distaste for a given situation. Which is essentially immediately viewed as an invalid opinion. They are extremely bias and prejudicial. The game is great (despite my issues with it) the a-holes running the company on the other hand...
    Yet more lies from the hate brigade. Look if Blizzard didn't like negative criticism the entire forums would be deleted. The fact that any of you people can even claim Blizzard is silencing people is laughable because it is a bold faced LIE. You people are absolutely fucking unbelievable. I have a feeling people are being banned for being obnoxious petulant spoiled brats and not because of their opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    I'll probably be infracted for this, but you're asking for it as well so I think that's a fair deal.

Shut the fuck up, please.
    Naw we all agree with you here, hell I bet a mod or two does, just cant say it.

I happen to think that if people like YOU quit... it would be a better community.
    I'm not the one filling up the official forums with bullshit and and screaming and crying about every god damn thing under the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Yet more lies from the hate brigade. Look if Blizzard didn't like negative criticism the entire forums would be deleted. The fact that any of you people can even claim Blizzard is silencing people is laughable because it is a bold faced LIE. You people are absolutely fucking unbelievable. I have a feeling people are being banned for being obnoxious petulant spoiled brats and not because of their opinion.
    There is a word for people like you with such blind devotion... but using it will get me an infraction.

There is a word for people like you with such blind devotion... but using it will get me an infraction.
    I have a feeling you have a ban coming sooner or later so I'm not too worried about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I'm not the one filling up the official forums with bullshit and and screaming and crying about every god damn thing under the sun.
    Nope you'd rather fill it with your own bullshit by trolling already frustrated individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by lazza25784 View Post
    I'm sorry once again people are misquoting Blizzard ...Back to the subject at hand blizzard said that Cumulative subscription time and date signed up for annual pas were two of the criteria thus suggesting they had other criteria.
    Actually the correct quote by Bashiok stated something along the lines of that Cume Time and AP Date were the ONLY considerations being made in terms of the last 300k invites they sent out.

Which was a blatant falsehood. What the community is asking for is not all of their invites at once. What we are asking for is a little bit of transparency and to not be lied to. 300k people over the last day is all fine and dandy, but when he tells us that it will be based on "only" certain criteria. Yes he used the word "only". People get ticked off. Combine that with the slow and seemingly archaic key "processing" procedure and we are left with a vast group of very unhappy gamers. From someone who was in both the Wrath and Cata beta's I signed up for the pass for the beta access. I do not use the mount, and D3 is not a real thing for me. So yes, I do have a reason to be disappointed.

Most of you aren't even getting the point OP is trying to get across. Which is That Blizzard is not sending all of the invites based on Acct sub and AP. He clearly pointed this out and yet most of you turn it into a let's attack the OP thread. Why is there so much animosity over Invite's, fan boy's crying against non fan boy's and the other way around. Clearly blizzard implied things they shouldn't have. Then again players should have known better it's blizzard that we are talking about. Calm the hell down people didn't yer momma's teach ya'll to be nice, or if you don't have anything nice to say not to say it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Actually the correct quote by Bashiok stated something along the lines of that Cume Time and AP Date were the ONLY considerations being made in terms of the last 300k invites they sent out.

Which was a blatant falsehood. What the community is asking for is not all of their invites at once. What we are asking for is a little bit of transparency and to not be lied to. 300k people over the last day is all fine and dandy, but when he tells us that it will be based on "only" certain criteria. Yes he used the word "only". People get ticked off. Combine that with the slow and seemingly archaic key "processing" procedure and we are left with a vast group of very unhappy gamers. From someone who was in both the Wrath and Cata beta's I signed up for the pass for the beta access. I do not use the mount, and D3 is not a real thing for me. So yes, I do have a reason to be disappointed.
    You aren't being lied to and Blizzard has been updating the community rather often. What more do you people want? Again you people are twisting words around to justify the temper tantrums and foot stomping that you for some reason think will get you beta access faster. Seriously just give it a rest already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimshot85 View Post
    Most of you aren't even getting the point OP is trying to get across. Which is That Blizzard is not sending all of the invites based on Acct sub and AP. He clearly pointed this out and yet most of you turn it into a let's attack the OP thread. Why is there so much animosity over Invite's, fan boy's crying against non fan boy's and the other way around. Clearly blizzard implied things they shouldn't have. Then again players should have known better it's blizzard that we are talking about. Calm the hell down people didn't yer momma's teach ya'll to be nice, or if you don't have anything nice to say not to say it at all?
    Likes this!
    Thank you

Shame to say it, but nothing you do will change blizzards lie (assuming they did).

15+ Year Old Account
    How about you post in one of the already 18731298731982730876987163498761347162394876192387468123641982374981623417-3417374612304978123497127396419834918732497 already existing topics on the matter?

See the problem is everyone thinks that their opinion or their post is the Golden Ticket and create a new thread instead of posting in an already existing one, so Blizzard deletes it to keep it condensed to keep it easier on the moderaters, the CMs, the readers, and the servers.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is what "people like you" always seem to respond with. Problem with you at the moment is that you're viewing the world in black and white... Why can't he voice an opinion about one thing without being told he's following a company with blind devotion? Do you know for a fact that he blindly defends the company for anything they ever do? Or perhaps he is just tired of hearing the same thing over and over from guys that sound like californian hippies...

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    How about you post in one of the already 18731298731982730876987163498761347162394876192387468123641982374981623417-3417374612304978123497127396419834918732497 already existing topics on the matter?

See the problem is everyone thinks that their opinion or their post is the Golden Ticket and create a new thread instead of posting in an already existing one, so Blizzard deletes it to keep it condensed to keep it easier on the moderaters, the CMs, the readers, and the servers.
    "Thread had reached it's posting limit" so I made a new one, which got deleted.

Deleted
    I'll probably be infracted for this, but you're asking for it as well so I think that's a fair deal.

thanks for saying that

10+ Year Old Account

Made me laugh, but it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    another possible criteria: computer specs, maybe, possibly? eh
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

Deleted
    Nope you'd rather fill it with your own bullshit by trolling already frustrated individuals.
    You mean frustrated AND childish.

See, if you were just frustrated, it would still be possible to post in a constructive manner, and to follow the forum guidelines.
    It's the childish part that leads you to be whiny and break the forum guidelines, thus getting your post deleted.

Show me a post you created (if you bothered to type it out before posting it so you still have it on your harddrive), and I'd gladly show you the problems in it, help you translate it into a constructive language, and direct you to the proper thread to post it in.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 08:59 AM ----------

Show me a thread that HAS been kept active where people CAN actually go to voice their concerns constructively...

There isn't one. Because they ALL get deleted.
    Bollocks.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253902465

This is the proper thread to complain about the speed at which people are invited into the beta, for instance ("Too many invites too fast" ... "Not enough invites" ... "Where is MY invite"...). As you can see, there are LOTS of posts, in fact they recently extended the cap on it because the default cap for a forum post had been reached. So they are STILL accepting comments on this issue!

Want another example, or do you prefer your ignorant denial?
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2012-04-01 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammilin21 View Post
    Are you kidding me? So you would rather them send out beta invites TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO SIGNED UP right now? You think testing the beta is fun even without overloading the servers? It is absolutely insane to say that they should send out everyone's beta invite. Every single beta before this has had limits of how many people they can have, and wave of invites sent out. Just because you have the annual pass, you aren't understanding, it's a LOTTERY on when you're pulled for beta. To OP: my hubby played years longer than i did, I joined the night lich king was released, I got a cata beta, he didn't. It's how it works. I swear if I have to see more of these posts I'm literally going to scream. Get over it, wait patiently or leave, we won't miss you.
    if its so obvious, if its happened every beta before this, and considering that Blizzard have a fair amount of experience of betas, explain this to me:

why didnt Blizzard make it clear when people signed up, and if they simply didnt appreciate how many people would sign up, why didnt they explain to all the people that signed up for the AP as soon as they realised they had too many to get in, so they could then make a sensible decision about whether to continue with the AP? why wait until the beta actually started before letting people know they had been misled by the advertising for the AP.

stop blaming people with NO experience of how betas work, and start blaming the company that has LOTS.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    You mean frustrated AND childish.

See, if you were just frustrated, it would still be possible to post in a constructive manner, and to follow the forum guidelines.
    It's the childish part that leads you to be whiny and break the forum guidelines, thus getting your post deleted.

Show me a post you created (if you bothered to type it out before posting it so you still have it on your harddrive), and I'd gladly show you the problems in it, help you translate it into a constructive language, and direct you to the proper thread to post it in.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 08:59 AM ----------

Bollocks.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253902465

This is the proper thread to complain about the speed at which people are invited into the beta, for instance ("Too many invites too fast" ... "Not enough invites" ... "Where is MY invite"...). As you can see, there are LOTS of posts, in fact they recently extended the cap on it because the default cap for a forum post had been reached. So they are STILL accepting comments on this issue!

Want another example, or do you prefer your ignorant denial?
    First off, that thread doesn't count for 2 reasons

(1) Original title has nothing to do with complaints about the process by which they have decided to act regarding beta invites
    (2) Was created by a blizzard employee

Just because YOU view an opinion as invalid, does not make it so.

So again... show me a thread where someone was able to voice their passionate displeasure of how the beta invites are being handled. That has not been deleted. Because really this thread you are linking to only proves my point.