Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Hey there -

I've been in the D3 beta for quite some time now, and my 460 handles everything ultra with absolutely no issues. A 6870 beats a 460, and should be able to chew up D3 and spit it out.

If This card Is the one you are asking for, it's a great deal at that price.
    Hey Uggorthaholy!

Sounds great! Thank you for the response. I was confused on whether or not to buy the one with eyefinity or not, and you just clarified that for me! I appreciate it!

As soon as I get this video card installed! I will be ready to go for the game.

I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Damerae View Post
    I know I talked about it in my previous post, but should I go with the XFX Radeon 6870 with Eyefinity or without Eyefinity? Also, is $144.99 - $149.99 a good deal for the 6870? I know they usually run around $160 - $170.
    As people have stated, the 6870 is a fine card an should suit you well for D3. Eyefinity is needed for multi monitor setups. Most of te 6870s you see should have this anyway. 150 for a 6870 is a great deal. I just purchased this for my son In Feb and it was 180. Note the fan on this one is a little loud for me. Video Card: XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    As people have stated, the 6870 is a fine card an should suit you well for D3. Eyefinity is needed for multi monitor setups. Most of te 6870s you see should have this anyway. 150 for a 6870 is a great deal. I just purchased this for my son In Feb and it was 180. Note the fan on this one is a little loud for me. Video Card: XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
    The XFX Black Edition (the one with two fans) is a lot quieter and the most silent 6870 model. It is a bit hard to come by these days though... If you see one for a reasonable price, get it!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    tbh i'd go with a top of the range card. Possibly the GTX 590 if you have the cash. No point in buying a card that's already out of date as when the next big game comes out and it requires a decent card, you might find yourself buying another before you have to. I have a GTX570, but i will probablty upgrade to the one they release next or possibly the one after.
    the guy is looking at a 150$ card and you suggest an old, very specific use dual gpu card that comes in well over 600?$? hm. most people wouldnt suggest a 590 even if it was in their budget.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

I'm running the Diablo III beta maxed out on a GTX-295, I can't imagine any modern-day card wouldn't be able to do the same. A 6870 seems within your comfort level as far as price point, and it should be totally fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerae View Post
    Hey Uggorthaholy!

Sounds great! Thank you for the response. I was confused on whether or not to buy the one with eyefinity or not, and you just clarified that for me! I appreciate it!

As soon as I get this video card installed! I will be ready to go for the game.

I'm excited.
    No worries, OP. It will work wonderfully for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Don't be silly. It's a problem plaguing anyone at seeming random. The card I have in this machine (Gainward GTX 560 ti) was absolutely ablaze with the driver crashes just yesterday, and it's not even the slightest overclocked.
    I'm not saying it's the only reason but it sure is one of the reasons.. If you're having issues you should at least give a little voltage tweaking (or underclocking) a try and confirm it's not the problem.