Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyloCG View Post
    I wonder what the final limitations on it will be.
    Assuming they don't completely change or take it away?

    Make it not work on:
    1) faction NPCs
    2) Mind Controlled targets
    3) Shadowfiends
    4) People not in your party/raid


    Personally, I think they may take the ability completely b/c it's too prone to abuse and we already have enough of that with Life Grip

  2. #42
    When low on health: Phantasm-> Dominate mind -> Void Shift <3

  3. #43
    Dreadlord joepesci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany (EU Outland)
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    When low on health: Phantasm-> Dominate mind -> Void Shift <3
    This works and needs to go, and I'm confident that it will go.

    Just did fight a shadow priest, when I finally got him low --> dominate mind and then something hit me for 70k, didn't check combat log as duel went on for a longer time after this. Basically, on beta, there aren't many things that can hit or crit me for more than 10k - 20k, highest I've seen yet was some fire mage thing (combustion?) for 23k. 70k never ever happened to me on beta, so I assume it was void shift.

  4. #44
    the only way to make it so you can't do it while mcing.... would be to give it a cast time.... like the cast time of mass dispel.... .53 seconds.....

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 09:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Assuming they don't completely change or take it away?

    Make it not work on:
    1) faction NPCs
    2) Mind Controlled targets
    3) Shadowfiends
    4) People not in your party/raid


    Personally, I think they may take the ability completely b/c it's too prone to abuse and we already have enough of that with Life Grip
    uh.... it doensn't work on enemies... so you want it to not work on friendlies as well? why not make a spell that doesn't do anything?

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 10:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    This works and needs to go, and I'm confident that it will go.

    Just did fight a shadow priest, when I finally got him low --> dominate mind and then something hit me for 70k, didn't check combat log as duel went on for a longer time after this. Basically, on beta, there aren't many things that can hit or crit me for more than 10k - 20k, highest I've seen yet was some fire mage thing (combustion?) for 23k. 70k never ever happened to me on beta, so I assume it was void shift.
    so.... you were dueling a spriest... and you can't kill him.... don't we know that blizzard doesn't balance the game around duels?
    in a bg or arena where pvp matters, if a priest is low on health... presumably your group is focused on him.... if the priest is lucky enough to get off a MC cast, when he's at 10% or lower then your group fails at ccing your burn target.

    so in other words blizzard isn't gonna balance this spell around the fact that in duels its op.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post

    uh.... it doensn't work on enemies... so you want it to not work on friendlies as well? why not make a spell that doesn't do anything?
    Don't be so cynical. The spell is very prone to griefing in the beta, and there isn't a rational reason to let these quirks make it to live.

    1) We shouldn't be able to reduce a friendly and unpartied player to 1% health -- EVER. Doing it to someone we're in a raid with is one thing, but think about what level of abuse this breaches when you can do it to someone randomly questing or committing to world PvP. You can kill your own faction by simply taking some fall damage and health swapping with them right before they take an auto attack hit from either some mob or a PvP opponent.

    2) The ability to do it to faction leader is absurd. Doing 500+ million damage or healing with one click is an extreme example of why this shouldn't be allowed. It can be exploited to either very easily kill a Faction Leader or prevent one from being killed. NPCs need to be outright immune to it, or there needs to be a cap value like how GS works.

    3) And being able to 'cheat' by using it on a shadow fiend or apparition is an exploit of the ability's intent. It'll likely be bug fixed to not work on any guardian/pets.

    Even with the above restrictions, it can be severely abused in Battlegrounds and the Random Raid Finder. A priest can still get low in health - through whatever means - and then Void Shift their 1% health onto anyone going into or already in battle, basically killing them in the process. You can do it to fellow healers, DPS, and flag carrying tanks in PvP. In PvE you can gib your tank, wiping the raid!

    Think of all the GM tickets it'll trigger. Just no.

    Void Shift is a neat idea, but the spell needs heavy restrictions and even with them I don't see the spell sticking around.
    I enjoyed the hell out of abusing it in game, but let's be real. Being able to use a Monk equivalent of Touch of Death on your own faction is broken.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Don't be so cynical. The spell is very prone to griefing in the beta, and there isn't a rational reason to let these quirks make it to live.

    1) We shouldn't be able to reduce a friendly and unpartied player to 1% health -- EVER. Doing it to someone we're in a raid with is one thing, but think about what level of abuse this breaches when you can do it to someone randomly questing or committing to world PvP. You can kill your own faction by simply taking some fall damage and health swapping with them right before they take an auto attack hit from either some mob or a PvP opponent.

    2) The ability to do it to faction leader is absurd. Doing 500+ million damage or healing with one click is an extreme example of why this shouldn't be allowed. It can be exploited to either very easily kill a Faction Leader or prevent one from being killed. NPCs need to be outright immune to it, or there needs to be a cap value like how GS works.

    3) And being able to 'cheat' by using it on a shadow fiend or apparition is an exploit of the ability's intent. It'll likely be bug fixed to not work on any guardian/pets.

    Even with the above restrictions, it can be severely abused in Battlegrounds and the Random Raid Finder. A priest can still get low in health - through whatever means - and then Void Shift their 1% health onto anyone going into or already in battle, basically killing them in the process. You can do it to fellow healers, DPS, and flag carrying tanks in PvP. In PvE you can gib your tank, wiping the raid!

    Think of all the GM tickets it'll trigger. Just no.

    Void Shift is a neat idea, but the spell needs heavy restrictions and even with them I don't see the spell sticking around.
    I enjoyed the hell out of abusing it in game, but let's be real. Being able to use a Monk equivalent of Touch of Death on your own faction is broken.
    i agree you shouldn't be able to use it on npcs... but if you can't use it on friendly raid/party members what's the point of the spell? if you're so up and arms about the amount of griefing this will cause.... every new spell is like that.... leap of faith, was/is used for griefing all the time. remember when pallies would bop tanks so they would loose agro and have the boss kill highest dps? how about rogues using fan of knives on dps, or hunters MDing to people they shouldn't.

    just because a spell can be used for griefing doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game.

    edit*
    all in all if your in a group with a priest that abuses this, ignore them get the kicked never group up with them again.
    Last edited by Alenoria; 2012-04-03 at 08:22 AM.

  7. #47
    How badly it's abused and coped with is left to be seen, but at the very least the three points I listed are fairly non-negotiable.
    Keep in mind you can't '/cancelaura Void Shift' like you can against HoP griefing.

  8. #48
    I'm all for preventing it from being used on non-raid/party members, from guardians/pets, and from npcs since those warrant more abuse than help.

    But as a potential griefing tool in LFR and the like, that's not really a big deal is it? A Priest who would intentionally cause grief to others by improperly using Void Shift will just as likely cause grief to others by pulling trash, breaking CC, or even straight up not healing.

  9. #49
    All comments and questions about the beta should be posted in this thread thanks.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r!-MoP-edition

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •