Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion/Pick 'em (Possible spoilers)

With just a few hours left to go it's time for a Wrestlemania thread. Post your picks, spread some rumours, get ready for the awesomeness that is going to be Punk/Jericho, or HHH/Taker, or Cena/Rock.

Team Johnny v Team Teddy

Johnny is winning this. WWE loves their heel authority figures, Teddy's character is older than dirt, super special guest participant Booker T is going to end up on the losing side in a valiant but losing effort.

Randy Orton v Kane

Kane. I just see the big guy going over to continue the feud for another month, though rumours are there's a potential Orton/Sheamus match in the works.

Cody Rhodes v Big Show

Cody Rhodes. Logic dictates that Show wins this, since he's been made to look a fool by Rhodes all the way through this, however a) he doesn't need the belt and b) Cody Rhodes has one of the best things going today. Unless they're trying to get the belt off him so he can go on to claim a world title I don't see him losing.

Daniel Bryan v Sheamus

Bryan. Four heel picks in a row, but Bryan seems like the most obvious choice. I see him winning through hook or crook, and then dropping the belt at the next PPV. A loss tonight kills his character dead in its tracks. The only doubt is that the Rumble winner hasn't won at mania since 2007, so this could be the one that turns it sround.

CM Punk v Jericho

Punk. It's going to be a great match, and Jericho just signed a contract extension through the summer, however I just see Punk winning here, especially since I have the heels winning most of the other matches. They can't really afford to let Punk lose this, especially when "best in the world" is up for grabs. I could potentially see Jericho winning with help from Christian, but more likely I see Punk v Christian feuding in future for the title. If Jericho wins the belt where does he go? Rematch with Punk? Then what?

Undertaker v HHH

Taker. It's the streak, however if anybody is going to end it, it will be HHH tonight. The Streak is too valuable now even to break it by giving a young guy the rub. It simply wouldn't go down well or come off as believeable. That leaves Cena possibly at Wrestlemania 30. Or HHH tonight, in an end of an era finish. It could happen, but I doubt it. Oh, and hell in a cell will be awesome.

John Cena v The Rock

The Rock. Yeah, you heard. Why put the guy who isn't full time over? To turn Cena, or to possibly build a feud with Lesnar, who is rumoured to be showing up. Cena doesn't really need the win - and it may cause even more resentment of him from the audience - so he does the job tonight, and has an axe to grind with the fans for siding with Rocky. Either that, or Lesnar appears out of nowhere to cost Cena the match. Either way, Cena's character benefits far more from a loss than a win tonight.

Deleted
    Wait wasn't it HHH vs 'taker last year? :S Anyway, HHH will end the undertaker's streak at somepoint.

Would love to see lesnar come back! I'll watch WWE all the time again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhodes should win, it's the biggest rub off he'll get.

Show needs a Mania moment but quite frankly anything less than a world title win just really doesn't cut it. The guy's been at the company now for over 13 years and deserves his big day. Losing to Rhodes could start off a storyline that has him be less nice guy and more his old powerhouse self, if not going back to the way he did WCW's Giant gimmick as a face. Winning the Rumble next year then winning at Mania might be the way to launch him forward, there's money to be made out of Paul Wight and WWE underutilises him.

Not sure I want to call Cena/Rock, but I can see Cena winning with shades of Mania XVII, this whole match has that feel about it with his desperation and "need" to win.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Not an avid WWE fan/viewer these days but I'd like to see Undertaker and Cena win their matches (the Rock is a tool, can't stand him)

Deleted
    Brock Lesnar will return tonight and will be involved in one match ending. Le awesome

If Lesnar's getting involved in any match i'd expect Taker's, they'll play off the thing during the UFC event a couple of years ago.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Since Taker is down to one match a year I doubt they'll get Lesnar involved, especially since Lesnar is rumoured to only be on a one year contract. They've done the build with Cena/Rock, but I just don't see it working with Taker. Also, since HBK is involved in the Taker match adding another person seems like overbooking it.

Wrestlemania 28 Live

FIRST MATCH - Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan in 8 seconds for the World Heavyweight Champion.

DARK MATCH - Primo & Epico (c) defeated Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd and The Usos for the WWE Tag Team Championships.

Hey guys, I ordered in HD. I will be updating this thread as winners are announced.

Who do you guys want to win?
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2012-04-01 at 11:13 PM.

The Rock
    Cm Punk
    Undertaker
    Cody Rhodes
    -doesnt care about womens division unless they give AJ the title-
    Daniel Bryan - Just so AJ gets more air time
    Kane
    Team Raw - I hate teddy long and his stupid dance and the fact that hes been allowed to push John Laurinaitis around with no repercussions yet Johnny Ace cant do anything to Teddy.

If the rock loses we riot

Deleted
    you all forget about cm punk and chris jericho. Lesnar could cost punk the title...awesome match for WM29

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    If the rock loses we riot
    If Cpt.Catchphrase wins with his two moves of doom against the five moves of doom we will riot!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Rock
    CM Punk
    Triple H (though its certain Taker will win)
    Don't mind who wins the IC, I feel both deserve a main event push.
    Couldn't care less about womens division
    Daniel Bryan
    Kane, hopefully turning Randy heel. I can't stand him as a face but he is a brilliant heel.
    Unsure about this one. I find John Laurinitis incredibly boring but at the same time Teddy annoys me. Probably Team Smackdown, though.
    Last edited by Syntic; 2012-04-01 at 10:30 PM.

aww i wanted justin gabriel to win although i dont like his pairing with tyson kidd

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Lesnar interfering in the Punk match, Shaemus/Bryan seems more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    If Cpt.Catchphrase wins with his two moves of doom against the five moves of doom we will riot!
    You can only name two of the Rock's moves? I'm up to at least 6.

Well you were wrong about Bryan

10+ Year Old Account
    lol 18 second match

Deleted
    Well that was shit. Punk/Jericho better get an hour. I better turn on Raw tomorrow and have them still going at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Consolidating the two Wrestlemania threads into one.

I can't believe that Undertaker is still Wrestling. I used to watch back when I was 19/20 and loved it. He was kinda old then. 12 years later he's still going huh? Bless him.