Question regarding Skyrim MODS

Hey Thinking to reinstall Skyrim while waiting for Diablo 3. I stopped playing it before the creation kit got out and had just used 1-2 basic mods at the time. So basically i would like some suggestions regarding what mods i should get because they are soo many i kinda got lost when i was looking at them before.

Basically i am interested for the best visual improving mods (my pc is pretty decent), maybe a proper ui mod and whatever else you consider mandatory sort of when it comes to improving the game. Would really like to hear some suggestions if anyone can help.

Also do you prefer to use the Nexus manager to install them or curse client or you do it manually? Also do the mods need updating on every new patch and is it easy to do it?

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-04-01 at 03:46 PM.

SkyUI for manageable UI window.

True Compass to add actual sense of exploring into the game instead of following markers everywhere. Of course that also requires Better Quest Objectives which basically puts up real quest location description instead having something like "Go and kill the evil dude" with quest marker on compass.

Example of the change being "Go and kill the evil dude in a camp south of river Styx."

And finally but most importantly, Skyrim Scaling Stopper, which puts stop to the retarded scaling system and makes exploring 10000 more interesting as you can never be sure what you really get into and what sort of reward you might get out of it (also balanced around risk vs reward, so doing insanely hard ((High level at low level)) shit will reward insanely good stuff if you really want to try, like in a proper RPG instead of adventure game), instead of the boring shit that the normal game has.

These should get you started.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the Skyrim megathread.