Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Ooooh noooeeeeeeeeees!

On a serious note; I'd prefer a 3h cycle (1h night, 2h day)
    I think they want a specific amount of day and night cycles for each day, making it 12 cycles for each day.

Seems fair enough.

Deleted
    Would love to see how the grove will look at night

and I also read that sylvari will have luminous stuff on their bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Could you imagine a day/night cycle in SWTOR?
    Different planets would have to have different cycles, it's not like it could just be night everywhere at the same time. :P

But I look forward to the day/night cycle being short, mostly because events change based on the cycle's time of day and since I mostly play at night, I look forward to being able to enjoy all of the content regardless of when I play.
    A day and night cycle wouldve been wonderfull in SWTOR. Especially with planets having different schedules. It could be night on Ilum but day on Dromuund Kaas. And a cycle may take only 4h on one and a massive 36h on another. It wouldve helped the immersion.

Its one of those things that i really like in a game. And im glad GW2 has it, and that they are keeping day/night on a shorter timescale is interesting aswell. The world is not only changing based on events but even on what time it is. Interested in seeing it in action

10+ Year Old Account
    This is sweet, but 2 hrs is. not alot unfortunately, usually I like zones at night time because most of the time you see it at day time, I think it should be 6-8 hours
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    That actually sounds perfect. One of my favorite features of Minecraft is the Day/Night cycle, but each only lasts 10 minutes, which is WAY too short for my tastes.

80 minute days and 40 minute nights sounds great, with the simple fact that it can affect events. :3

That means a 24 day in real life will have 12 GW2 days, and one month in GW2 is only 3 days long (ish). So a year in GW2 is equivalent (ish) to one month of real time. :O!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithbreaker View Post
    Ya I'm thinking I prefer a more natural cycle.
    Problem with that is some people can only play at night. Like me; months passed before I could see what the new Stormwind looked liked in the light after they revamped it in WoW, because I could only play at night. :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Tyria must have one wicked orbit around its star.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Tyria must have one wicked orbit around its star.
    Except a day/night cycle is caused by the rotation of a planet. :O

Tyria is probably just significantly smaller than Earth is all, or perhaps rotating faster.
    Or both.

It's possible that a Tyrian year is significantly longer than 365 days.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

Tyria is probably just significantly smaller than Earth is all, or perhaps rotating faster.
    Or both.

For the days to be twice as long as the the night, the rotation can't be the only factor. :x

Or both.

I think someone else is on Larynx's account.
    That is what I choose to believe from his last two posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I think someone else is on Larynx's account.
    That is what I choose to believe from his last two posts.
    I'm off today. I'll be back in an hour or two, I need to take a nap. >_>

If the cycle was synced with our normal day and night cycle it would be a pain for it to affect the world in GW2. It would mean for people with a regular job or long school days that they hardly ever see as much daytime events as they do nighttime events.

So they almost have to make the cycle relatively short or it wouldnt be nearly as interesting. "Yay at night we see ghosts, during the day we see centaurs (example).. hmm, that means ill mostly ever be fighting ghosts..." Not nearly as much fun as really seeing how the full day-cycle affects the world, and would almost defeat the purpose of having a world change based on what time it is.

Personally im glad they are adding night/day cycles, i just hope theyll also add weather cycles! Ive always like how rain looks in video games, i just hope they might also add something besides rain, like snow or something! How cool would it be to see a meadow zone covered in snow and all the mobs have snow on them =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For the days to be twice as long as the the night, the rotation can't be the only factor. :x
    Don't be ridiculous. Night and day aren't perfectly equal even on Earth!

It's possible, of course, that Tyria is rather irregularly shaped.

Don't be ridiculous. Night and day aren't perfectly equal even on Earth!

It's possible, of course, that Tyria is rather irregularly shaped.
    When i read this i thought of a planet shaped like a square.../facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like if the cycle was a few hours apart. I think 5 hours is a pretty good spot to have both day/night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaron516 View Post
    When i read this i thought of a planet shaped like a square.../facepalm
    Minecraft? o.o

Deleted
    It has been mentioned before, but such a cycle was needed for certain (dynamic) events and such things. I think it is ''only'' 2 hours so that casuals can also experience all the specific night/day events without having to wait hours for it to get night/day again. Perhaps it makes no sense science-wise, but neither does the other 99% of GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Minecraft? o.o
    Minecraft is more like a never-ending plane, seated on top of a never-ending void.