Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Have the PVP fps issues been fixed?

Hey all, I quit star wars around 6-8 weeks ago but am considering returning.
    The reason I quit the game back then was the combined and related issues of stuttering when other players/companions entered the screen and unacceptable fps in pvp. This issue was eliminated by renaming the particle effects file and therefore I was satisfied that the problem was with the game, and not my PC (which exceeds the recommended requirements). Now I just wish to know from those who still play the game, whether or not the problem has been resolved or not? The latest patch looks great, but for me, the content comes a distant second place to game performance, and I will not pay for the game in the state it was in when I stopped my sub. Thanks in advance for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Loob View Post
    The reason I quit the game back then was the combined and related issues of stuttering when other players/companions entered the screen and unacceptable fps in pvp. This issue was eliminated by renaming the particle effects file and therefore I was satisfied that the problem was with the game, and not my PC (which exceeds the recommended requirements). Now I just wish to know from those who still play the game, whether or not the problem has been resolved or not? The latest patch looks great, but for me, the content comes a distant second place to game performance, and I will not pay for the game in the state it was in when I stopped my sub. Thanks in advance for the info.
    Really depends. Some people, particularly with nividia, still have some issues on the PTS.

That said, most people are reporting a 10-60 FPS increase between live and the PTS.

I am getting about 40 FPS more than live on the PTS.

You might get unlucky and only get 23 FPS.

You might luck out and get 60 FPS.

Really depends on your card/driver.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

. This issue was eliminated by renaming the particle effects file
    hmmm haven't heard that fix before. How'd you come to discover that?

I have severe issues on live especially on Civi War, on PTS its improved slightly I wont deny. Smooth no, but definitively more playable

It is far better then it was in the first month or two. They have also removed many of the issues where attacks would start then reset and start again so you would swing your lightsaber 90% of the way then swing again like a pratice baseball swing. With that last change things have evened out a bit more for melee which also helps pvp for all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is far better then it was in the first month or two. They have also removed many of the issues where attacks would start then reset and start again so you would swing your lightsaber 90% of the way then swing again like a pratice baseball swing. With that last change things have evened out a bit more for melee which also helps pvp for all.
    Wasn't just melee with that problem. Nothing was more annoying than spend 1.4 seconds casting a spell, just to have it start over and recast the whole 1.5 seconds.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not having problems doing wz, I am getting 60ish fps. I am also hearing that a lot of ppl on ptr are saying its even better with the new patch with low end computers.
    Last edited by Decan; 2012-04-02 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Wasn't just melee with that problem. Nothing was more annoying than spend 1.4 seconds casting a spell, just to have it start over and recast the whole 1.5 seconds.
    Oh I know it effected everybody but in the time it took to do a pump fake swing then the real one any decent player would move away or through the melee class and clip the attack. The flip side of that for range is to los the attack but it is far easier to see a failed attack from somebody in your face then somebody attacking from range.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I am averaging roughly 15 FPS on Civil War on live. On the PTS I had well over 20 FPS. That's a 30% increase in FPS...which is not bad. The other warzones seemed more fluid as well.

The game still isn't performing anywhere near where it should be, but patch 1.2 certainly takes a step in the right direction.

warzone performance has def improved, but its not perfect yet. it really depends on your machine too... TOR is pretty cpu intensive and with all the particle effects and players moving around your fps can take a nose dive even with good machines.

with each patch they are improving performance. 1.2 will make it better, and i think future patches will also show good improvements.

I think the sound the guns make in Civil War make the fps (and as a result the latency, as when it freezes up it affects that too, oddly) go bananas, probably as the 3 are overlapping each other, increasing the amount of processing power the game uses, or something like that. I saw a patch note that said this was being fixed, so maybe that's where the fps increase came from that people are reporting on the pts in that wz.

On live I keep getting little freeze ups, that when I hover over my latency bar shows that it goes from say 48 ms to up to 120 or so ms. This cant be lag, as my connection itself is fine, and I dont notice ability delay etc. Its just the small freeze that lasts about a millisecond, but is noticeable, and can cause you to die in pvp due to the inability to use abilities when you need them, such as a medpac or a defensive cd, etc. I really hope 1.2 lessens this for me, and I mainly seem to get it on Civil War, so the above, I hope, will fix it *crosses fingers*.

it really depends on your setup, I run 60 fps constantly unless on Fleet where there are 20-30 people.

While it may not be a Comp issue, it is an issue with certain video cards, that although are compatible may not be "fast" enough for the engine

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    it really depends on your setup, I run 60 fps constantly unless on Fleet where there are 20-30 people.

While it may not be a Comp issue, it is an issue with certain video cards, that although are compatible may not be "fast" enough for the engine
    That's a joke. There are people with top end graphics cards and systems who have bad FPS. The problem is their engine is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    That's a joke. There are people with top end graphics cards and systems who have bad FPS. The problem is their engine is crap.
    and people with 3 year old computers like mine run it at 60 fps.

This isn't a simple "their engine is crap" thing. Your driver/video card are incompatible with the engine. That doesn't mean its crap. Works amazing for everyone who is compatible. They are trying to make it more compatible but you are probably going to have to meet them halfway. After 1.2 I would try and find a driver update or look into previous updates and try those. But first you should wait for 1.2.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post

i guess ive just been lucky, on my mid-high machine the games been running smooth since release =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't tell, I always have reasonable fps (20-75)
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

So weird how this issue is all over the place for people. I've got 4 boxes all with completely different setups (hardware wise) and not one of them have the issue. I'm getting 65+ FPS in WZs, 110 FPS on fleet, all with maxed settings (except shadows - I keep them on low because I don't trust shadows).

10+ Year Old Account
    My Core i7 920/6GB ram/Geforce 570 GTX combination runs the game very smoothly (=60 fps+) at maxed settings. The only problem it sometimes has is hanging on loading screens.

On the other hand, my laptop, Core2Duo 8400/4GB ram/Geforce 9600 combination runs the game at 5 to 15 fps max. It's a complete pain to play on. I know laptops aren't made to game on, but WoW:WOTLK with tons of addons ran fine on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a 7-year old game, and all the updates in the world won't change that. I've got a machine I bought in 2002 and it could play WoW fine til I made a new one this summer. It certainly wasn't on ultra settings but the frame rate was 30+.

If your laptop could play a more current game like Rift or Aion on max settings, then I'd be more inclined to re-examine your statement.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Deleted
    Hardware update patch ? Thats one you looking for D