Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
    On the other hand, my laptop, Core2Duo 8400/4GB ram/Geforce 9600 combination runs the game at 5 to 15 fps max. It's a complete pain to play on. I know laptops aren't made to game on, but WoW:WOTLK with tons of addons ran fine on it.
    I am yet to hear of a laptop that actually runs swtor well.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The fixes will never be good enough for you!

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    Im playing swtor on a laptop and it runs well

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    Im playing swtor on a laptop and it runs well
    Please post specs.

Mainly graphics card.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some gaming-oriented laptops out there that would probably run the game fine, though I'm not sure one could call them "lap-tops" at that point. Most of Alienware's stuff for example. My friend has a laptop that can run the game alright, but he also plays at 1366x768
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Please post specs.

Mainly graphics card.
    graphic card radeon 6970M
    cpu i7-2630 @2Ghz
    ram 16 gb

I usually play using an extra monitor at home at 1920-1080 resolution. without anti alizing low shadows.

Deleted
    warzone performance has def improved, looking forward to 1.2

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    That's a joke. There are people with top end graphics cards and systems who have bad FPS. The problem is their engine is crap.
    Nope. The engine is surprisingly capable and about as future-proof as you can get right now.

The problem is working with hardware engineers to optimize drivers for the TOR codebase and vice versa. TOR is only the second game ever to launch on the Hero Engine. The first was Faxion Online and it was only live for 3 months from May to August 2011. So there hasn't been a lot of opportunity to optimize yet.

That said, it has come a long way since December. After 1.2 I think it will be in a pretty good place. If this is how quickly Bioware responds to performance issues, we're in good hands.

Core i7 920
    12GB DDR3 triple channel
    GeForce GTX 460 768MB
    True fullscreen 1920x1200

All settings and draw distances maxed, no shadows, VSYNC enabled because I hate tearing. It never moves from 60fps.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2012-04-04 at 05:49 PM.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    True that.

I don't really mind that it doesn't, I just wish they wouldn't 'falsely advertise' with the minimum requirements to run the game ;D Leads to false hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
    True that.

I don't really mind that it doesn't, I just wish they wouldn't 'falsely advertise' with the minimum requirements to run the game ;D Leads to false hopes.
    I dont think it was quite as sinister as false advertising.

I think they were genuinely confused by the low FPS.

This is, after all, their first MMO and its using a relatively new engine that has been heavily modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Loob View Post
    Hey all, I quit star wars around 6-8 weeks ago but am considering returning.
    The reason I quit the game back then was the combined and related issues of stuttering when other players/companions entered the screen and unacceptable fps in pvp. This issue was eliminated by renaming the particle effects file and therefore I was satisfied that the problem was with the game, and not my PC (which exceeds the recommended requirements). Now I just wish to know from those who still play the game, whether or not the problem has been resolved or not? The latest patch looks great, but for me, the content comes a distant second place to game performance, and I will not pay for the game in the state it was in when I stopped my sub. Thanks in advance for the info.

Republic still has lag associated with their abilities, albeit not nearly as bad as at launch. Republic abilities still have attendant animation clipping that hinders play, my abilities go off and deal their damage when the animation ends, which for many abilities is 3/4ths of a second long, and the (so-called) corresponding Imp ability is always instant.

The game STILL use two different processes to run the game, slowing it down by a factor of 15/20 times as slow as any other game that uses (like games in 2012 are supposed to) a single process.

9 fps in Civil War; sad.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Republic still has lag associated with their abilities, albeit not nearly as bad as at launch. Republic abilities still have attendant animation clipping that hinders play, my abilities go off and deal their damage when the animation ends, which for many abilities is 3/4ths of a second long, and the (so-called) corresponding Imp ability is always instant.

The game STILL use two different processes to run the game, slowing it down by a factor of 15/20 times as slow as any other game that uses (like games in 2012 are supposed to) a single process.

9 fps in Civil War; sad.
    The issues pertaining to rep abilities are being addressed in 1.2 with new ability animations for the abilties plagued by it.