Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Star Wars: The Old Republic - April Fools

Star Wars the Old Republic's April Fools.

I personally am a fan of it.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120401

Cruising around the galaxy in your own personal starship is an important aspect of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. The player’s starship is like a home, and the player’s companions are like a family. No one knows this better than the dedicated Ship Droids who maintain the vessels: C2-N2 for Republic characters and 2V-R8 for Imperial characters.

Jedi Knights, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and the other class characters may be the heroes in the wider galaxy, but on board the starship, the Ship Droids are the heroes. That’s why, as part of Game Update 1.2, you will soon be able to assume direct control over your Droid’s actions with Ship Droid™, a brand new mini-game coming to The Old Republic!

Features of this mini-game include cleaning the cockpit windows, calibrating the ship’s food processors, and several other exciting maintenance duties:

But that’s really only the beginning. No Star Wars: The Old Republic mini-game would be complete without the fourth pillar of “story.” In addition to your character’s personal storyline, you can also experience the storyline of these loyal companions! In Ship Droid™, you will be asked to make decisions that have a meaningful impact on the story and greatly affect the climate aboard your starship.

Another feature of Ship Droid™ is the Etiquette Points System. Not unlike social points that you can earn during regular conversations in The Old Republic, players living out the adventures of C2-N2 or 2V-R8 can accumulate these Etiquette Points in conversations and use them to unlock special features within the mini-game. Ship Droids earn these points in conversations with the class characters as well as conversation with other companion characters. We can reveal that companion to companion romance will be just one of the Etiquette Points unlocks.

We don’t want to spoil all of the Etiquette Points unlocks. We’ll leave those details for you discover when you play Ship Droid™. However, we do want to reveal that there will be an exclusive in-game vendor for Droids that will be selling and add-on mini-game especially for your C3-N2 or 2V-R8.

To be clear, earning maximum etiquette points in Ship Droid™ will not be an easy task, but if you are able to achieve it, you unlock the ability to really turn the tables. Playing as the ship Droid, you can become the main hero and your class characterwill become the companion.

If you weren’t already excited about all the new content coming in Game Update 1.2, we certainly hope you are now. We weren’t 100% certain that we could get Ship Droid™ to the necessary of polish to release with this update, and that’s why we’re extra-excited that it’s come together so well.

Thanks again for joining us in this epic adventure, and we hope to see you online soon in The Old Republic!

I think it would be a better April Fool's joke if they really WERE adding it to the game

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 10:44 PM ----------

Also, I LOVE the videos they posted with it on the site. Much more engaging than just reading about it.

the videos are great especially the SCORPIO one. seriously had me laughing. great April Fools. the awkward staring and conversations with the trooper ahahaha. good stuff.

That was amazing.

the first video, the window cleaning, omg, best video fucking ever.
    I Serve Only Sargeras.

Hell yeah....
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    they should make it, I would play it. ^_^/

first thought: wow, cool, a new minigame!
    second thought: noooooo, april fools

it really made me smile though, they should have added some kind of teaster title at the end of the clips though to make them perfect

I still would love the minigame though, especially the star wars SNES arcade, that would be ultra awesome

i really wish they would put super star wars in the game. I had a blast playing that on my snes. Maybe we can cross our fingers and the april fools joke will come true ala pandas

Deleted
    The Romance video between the droids was pure gold!

Scorpio video = the tits. That ending music and action are priceless.

The last one reminded me of Trooper Clerks
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

This genuinely made me laugh.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

The biggest joke they pulled was releasing the game in the state it's in, biggest MMO fail ever considering the money spent and star wars IP.

Ah you beat me to it! I just about spit out my breakfast when I saw the droid cleaning the outside of the window....

The funniest thing is that they're joking about adding something incredibly tedious and boring to the game, but it would actually make it more interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    The biggest joke they pulled was releasing the game in the state it's in, biggest MMO fail ever considering the money spent and star wars IP.
    Yet, you still feel the need to bitch about it. Don't like it? Don't play. Really, it's easy. Leave the people that enjoy the game alone instead of trying to force them to think the game sucks too.

OT: The trooper is hilarious. If they actually added some of this stuff it could be cool though.

10+ Year Old Account
    /slaps Mothhive's hand
    Bad Moth. Don't be petty.

I thought it was entertaining as far as April Fools day is concerned.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I giggled like a little school girl.

April Fools Day:
    Bioware - 1
    Blizzard - 0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I giggled like a little school girl.

April Fools Day:
    Bioware - 1