Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How to solve Demo melee issue:

-Change Touch of Chaos to a ranged auto-attack that is made by repeatedly shooting purple bolts/orbs from the hands of Meta.
    -Demonic Slash should look like a slashing wave of energy that reaches the target so that the 40yd range may be justified.
    -Find a cool solution to reduce the cost of Demonic Leap in order to do some cool AoE/Utility stuff in melee once in a while without a substancial DPS cost.

Thoughts?

Why have an auto-attack in demon form anyway? I don't see a benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    How to solve Demo melee issue:

-Change Touch of Chaos to a ranged auto-attack that is made by repeatedly shooting purple bolts/orbs from the hands of Meta.
    -Demonic Slash should look like a slashing wave of energy that reaches the target so that the 40yd range may be justified.
    -Find a cool solution to reduce the cost of Demonic Leap in order to do some cool AoE/Utility stuff in melee once in a while without a substancial DPS cost.

Thoughts?
    - Remove Touch of Chaos.
    - Demonic Slash a cast time (new name and new animation... it just looks ridiculous right now)
    - Demonic Slash or WoC refresh Corruption
    - We shouldn't be confined to melee for anything, it just immediately makes any other class/spec a better pick when that utility is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    - Remove Touch of Chaos.
    - Demonic Slash a cast time (new name and new animation... it just looks ridiculous right now)
    It would be nice to have a reference to slashing or something that Illidan would do. I like the way they treat Demo locks atm and it would be bad to revert it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Demonic Slash a cast time
    dear god nooooooooooooo. instant slash is a boon to our mobility, please don't cripple us

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    dear god nooooooooooooo. instant slash is a boon to our mobility, please don't cripple us
    I do love mobility and I think we have too little of it in live. But keep in mind:

1) Elemental mobility is getting nerfed (Glyph of Unleashed lightning)
    2) Scorch is getting nerfed (it costs mana, albeit a very, very small amount)

At the end, rewarding good mobility (stutter-stepping, use of demonic leap/port/gateway) is probably the better way to go, rather than just making everything instant-cast. That said, Soul Fire procs should be a much faster (or instant) cast-time to compensate. Now you have a casted nuke (Demonic Slash) along with instant SF procs and instant HoG, so the skill comes in stuttering those two in instead of just spamming Slash.

Touch of Chaos has 40y range. It's just still bugged to not work beyond melee range.

Scorch costs 100 mana at 85. You need 0.1 second to regen that. I'm not even sure why they bothered, the only fight this might have any kind of effect that i can think of is Vezax.
    Last edited by huth; 2012-05-10 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Scorch costs 100 mana at 85. You need 0.1 second to regen that. I'm not even sure why they bothered, the only fight this might have any kind of effect that i can think of is Vezax.
    Scorch already has the downside of being a DPS loss over Fireball (for PvE at least). Also, the mana it costs (marginally, which is a joke as I agree with you) makes it less useful for when mages are out of mana, which can happen surprisingly often on longer fights, forcing them to either use scorch or mage armor, both of which are DPS losses. That said it should at least cost 1k.

Deleted
    Be careful if you (still) have Dark Apotheosis. With last build (15677), the game freezes when you use DA, and you cannot log back at all. Had this for several toons.
    Do not use DA.

Edit: If you have Metamorphosis binded, you can't unstuck yourself by mashing your Meta key during the loading.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-05-11 at 06:44 AM.

Deleted
    Demo AOE is just batshit insane if you're specced Harvest Life, I expect that to be nerfed

get 500-600 DF > Meta > Carrion Swarm > Hellfire > Chaos Wave > Remove Meta > Soul Harvest x 2 takes you back to 500-600 DF > repeat

throw in the pet Bladestorm and there's not been a single tank on Beta that can keep the mobs off me.
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2012-05-11 at 04:01 PM.

Ysen how to repair it? I was in DA form and toogle off, now can't login back to game . Other my characters working perfect but I want my demo tank BACK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    Demo AOE is just batshit insane if you're specced Harvest Life, I expect that to be nerfed

get 500-600 DF > Meta > Carrion Swarm > Hellfire > Chaos Wave > Remove Meta > Soul Harvest x 2 takes you back to 500-600 DF > repeat

throw in the pet Bladestorm and there's not been a single tank on Beta that can keep the mobs off me.
    hellfire is back ? or you mispelled immolation aura ?

Carrion Swarm + hellfire no longer exist for demo .
    Demo AOE is more like :
    be at 500+ fury :hand of gul'dan > meta > immolation aura > chaos wave x 1 > remove meta > hand of gul'dan to build fury > Rain of fire and repeat .
    And if you have Harvest life , you simply stay in meta and use harvest life , when you're out you use HoG and Harvest to re build fury and back to immo aura , chaos wave x2 and harvest life in meta.
    But they will nerf Harvest life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    hellfire is back ? or you mispelled immolation aura ?
    sorry, immolation aura, I literally just looked at the icon and animation and called it Hellfire

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    Carrion Swarm + hellfire no longer exist for demo .
    I'm on the Beta looking at Carrion Swarm right now =/

R.I.P hellfire :'(

ill miss you =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    Ysen how to repair it? I was in DA form and toogle off, now can't login back to game . Other my characters working perfect but I want my demo tank BACK!!!
    Like I said the only way to get back into the game is to use Metamorphosis during the loading screen if you have the spell key binded. If not, I'm sorry but you're screwed until they fix it

Para, I see you've removed the bit about knowing your English is terrible from your signature. Unfortunately I had thought this might accompany an increase in value to your posting contributions, I was obviously disappointed. At this point, we get it, you don't like things. Repeatedly posting the same shit over and over in multiple threads isn't constructive and at this point anything you eventually say that has value is going to be completely missed since your posts are just skipped. Go take a 3-4 week break from posting about warlock changes and maybe by then you'll be able to think of something as good as your Dian Fossey bit and you can avoid this "doggystyle" process you find so disconcerting.

As far as haste scaling and MC, I'm not sure where the haste breakpoints are for the current shadowflame but just like any dot it should get extra ticks and thus extra proc chances at haste plateaus and the wild imps CD now scales with haste I would say that it then, by definition, "help(s) in the scale of MC". Never mind the fact that SF itself scales with haste.

I don't see at all how doom is forcing "unwanted" swapping. Unwanted by whom? I'm out of town for a few weeks and can't test but I assume that there is still a 15 second window for a non-clipping refresh on doom. Lastly I'm not that concerned with corruption refresh requiring melee at the moment. Either it's a bug and stating "again again and again" as much as you want doesn't change that it's a bug in a beta or it'll end up being an intended change and I'm okay if a melee/range trade off is a single GCD every 18 seconds as that's much better and a more appropriate risk vs. reward than we are right now.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    just like any dot
    Trolling or... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KPti9oE#gid=14

So don't you have one single idea about haste plateau.. damn... . Shadowflame isn't like any dot, it lasts 6 sec. Don't you understand the BIG difference... You don't even understand my post... it is sad...
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2012-05-13 at 03:05 PM.

My god, you are an incredible specimen of irony. You are absolutely right, I don't understand your posts because the half I can understand is either pointless bitching or just plain wrong. Do you even know what the English words you use mean? You try to argue that haste scaling wouldn't help MC through SF... and then link the haste scaling of SF. If your poorly worded argument is supposed to be that the plateaus are too far apart to be relevant then you're arguing something you have no idea of knowing what will be required to hit the different plateaus in lvl 90 gear.

Your attempted point was that MC procs wouldn't scale with haste and I showed you exactly how the two sources of MC procs scale with haste, thus MC procs scale with haste. In the English language we would say that I refuted your point very well, but in a language you might better understand, I just pwned you by showing that what you said was absolutely incorrect.

I encourage you to spend more time trying to make humorous references to random similarities you see in the word apotheosis and apes.

Edit: Haha!, I didn't even look but when I went to close the tab I noticed you tried to link me the haste scaling for the current shadow flame to justify the haste scaling of the debuff currently applied by HoG in the beta. I surely hope you realize why this is so funny... Would you care to discover why that's such a big deal on your own or shall I tell you? Hint: look up the number of ticks for the current Shadowflame <3
    Last edited by CDShaidar; 2012-05-13 at 04:07 PM.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Hrm, Simcraft has beta Spriest data up now, and they're showing a fairly similar dps change between live and Beta as the locks are ... I haven't been keeping up with Spriest changes at all, but I wonder what this means for how far along they are in the development cycle.

I'm pretty concerned if the dps is near the other lock specs and about in-line with how much dps other classes gain/lose, they'll call it a day, no matter the state of the rotation/priorities.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.