Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizers View Post
    So canceling meta with aura of elements on hearths you. wtf blizzard.

Edit: Actually Curse of Weakness Aura does it too.
    This is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizers View Post

Wait, What? Did you say 'hearths,' as in hearth-hearths?

10+ Year Old Account
    As in returns you to your hearthstone location yes.

The strange and unexpected ways software can break are always amusing. Unless they hurt you, then it's only amusing for everybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i guess that counts as a defensive cooldown.

Deleted
    I have experienced à rally weird thing with demo that makes it virtually unplayable. Four out of five times I get hearthed whenI leave meta. Has anyone Else experienced this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't put up a cursed aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    A quick and dirty summary of how I view demonologys spells and mechanics from a pve PoV:

Shadow bolt - not sure if it really has to be 2.5 sec for the sake of "feel"?
    Corruption - Design intent: keep it up normally? Actuality: stance dance refreshing to not lose gcds.
    Soul fire - Design intent: simply use the charges whenever you get them? Actuality: Only use in caster form >25%.
    Hand of guldan/chaos wave - Design intent: use whenever off cd? Actuality: Only use in caster form ever.
    Doom - No problem.
    Wild imps+glyph - No problem.
    Touch of chaos - Design intent: use whenever there are no soul fire or chaos wave charges up? Actuality: Use only this and doom in meta >25%.
    Void ray - Design intent: replaces touch of chaos in a aoe situation? Actuality: hard to use efficiently in practice.
    Immolation aura - No problem.

What I'm wondering is, what would the dps difference be between following the (assumed, correct me if I'm wrong) design intent vs actuality rotation, is it just minmax a few % we're talking about or is there a flaw in the design vs reality?
    So anyone good with simcraft able to humor me on this?

10+ Year Old Account

if
    else if
    else if
    else if
    else... wait, where are we again?
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    if
    else if
    else if
    else if
    else... wait, where are we again?
    roflrofl

10rofls.

New BETA Patch:

- Drain soul base damage cut by 66%
    - Glyph of Shadowflame Your Shadowflame slow is increased to 70% but Hand of Gul'dan no longer has charges.
    - Conflagrate snare (50%) glyph nerfed, it only removes the immolate requirement
    ....rest of the changes are inconsequential, trivial

Not much to talk about, LOL.

As a PvPer why on earth will i take that useless shadowflame glyph? I can cast it twice for a 60% slow and still have more options + damage without the glyph =/
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-07-19 at 05:32 PM.

I think they could try a more simple approach with demonic fury gains. The thing I like more about the live version is that after using demon form it "builds up" passively for another use. Demonic fury could also build up passively, all the way to a full bar. Maybe doing damage could speed it up a little, just like how you can reduce the cooldown on live. This change would allow us to be ready for a fight with full demonic fury after downtime, just like on live with the cooldown version.

A similar mechanic for embers with destro would make it more pvp viable as it is hard to get enough casts off to gain them in pvp.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2012-07-19 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post

As a PvPer why on earth will i take that useless shadowflame glyph? I can cast it twice for a 60% slow and still have more options + damage without the glyph =/
    You only gain a charge of HoG once every 15 seconds i think, if you use both charges to get a 60% snare you will have to wait 30 seconds before you will have two charges again for another 60% snare. Other wise you only get a 30% snare every 15 seconds to use it on cooldown, and 30% snare might as well be no snare.

with this glyph never need to wait more than 15 seconds for a 70% snare.

you seriously can't figure that out?

if you use the 2 charges in a row you will juste wait 15sec not 30... you will have the double damage and more snare duration. The glyph is not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    if you use the 2 charges in a row you will juste wait 15sec not 30... you will have the double damage and more snare duration. The glyph is not worth it.
    When the fight begins you will have two charges, you blow those two charges to get a 60% snare, but then after that you will wait 15 seconds for each ONE CHARGE, which means that it will only snare the target for 30% speed reduction.
    if you have to wait 15 seconds anyway, wouldn't you rather get a 70% snare after waiting 15 seconds?

The glyph is a trade off, but think about what you are actually trading!

You are only losing damage from the first time you cast HoG at the beginning of the fight, after that, you will be more or less obligated to use HoG on cooldown; which means once every 15 seconds for no better than 30% snare.

this gyph trades that first-time-only initial second charge for always having a superior snare on HoG's 15 seconds cooldown.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 10:25 AM ----------

more specifically:
    You have 2 charges, you use your first charge and start regenerating it
    after about 5 seconds or so, you use the second charge which stacks the snare for another 6 seconds, and you have 10 seconds left regenerating the first charge,

after that 10 seconds you can choose to use the first charge again, but will only get 6 seconds of a 30% snare or you can wait 10 more seconds to line the snare up with the incoming second charge.

so you decide to wait that whole 20 seconds which means you have one ready charge and 5 seconds left on the second charge,
    you cast Charge 1 and ~5 seconds later you cast Charge 2 just as it comes off cooldown. and you are back at step two.

Let's say you make a mistake an cast the second charge one second too late and the first snare falls off which mean you only get 6 second of a 30% snare and then another 6 seconds of a 30% snare. and your balances is thrown because you realize you timing is not perfect, and you start geting frustrated and start making mistakes.

With the glyph you have to wait 15 seconds for 6 seconds of a 70% snare and you aren't distracted by the vagaries of perfect dot-stack timing.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-07-19 at 02:35 PM.

@Grubjuice

It is still not worth it

1. the extra HoG can potentially mean a lot of fury and molten core procs because of its AOE nature.
    2. You can have the first HOG for 30% snare, you then cast the second when the first one is at 5 seconds, giving you a lot of extra AOE PvP damage, fury and molten core procs for a 11 seconds increasing snare effect, while that happens your first one is almost recharged.
    3. PvP is not a 5 minute boss fight in case you didnt know, there are breaks between the fights, CC, retreats, etc, etc. Plenty of oportunities to recharge 2 charges.

Add this the fact that Demo is already glyph locked thanks to DA + wildimps + healthstone, all of those are in magnitudes more powerful than this and have no big drawbacks on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    @Grubjuice

Add this the fact that Demo is already glyph locked thanks to DA + wildimps + healthstone, all of those are in magnitudes more powerful than this and have no big drawbacks on top of it.
    i concede your points. Also I agree that Demonology has too many required glyphs. Wild Imps being the the most obvious offender for both PvE and PvP. they really should just make it baseline again.

I agree that wild imps should be baseline, it used to be. Unfortunate that someone at Blizzard had a brain fart and it became a glyph.

Deleted
    They took crit-immunity out of meta/DA? interesting, but I think we know why they did it? oh the griefing I've suffered at the hands of Demo-'Locks.....!