Thread: Warlock pvp

Warlock pvp

Is afflcition the only viable spec in arena and RBG's? I know that afflcition is the best of the 3 but is demo or destro capable of competing in arena? if so what comps and what brackets.

Destro is viable... 1v1. Otherwise it really doesn't compete with the sheer amounts of damage Affliction can put out.

Afflic isn't the ONLY viable spec, it's just much, much better than the other two.

And I've seen destro carve shit up in RBGs, but without dispell protection, it kinda screws over the entire enemy team.

Deleted
    Destro indeed are a viable 1v1 spec, but nothing else, Just my personale opinion

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are all viable, affliction is just top tier.

I find destro much more fun to play in randoms.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is viable in both battlegrounds, all arena brackets and 1v1.
    Destruction is viable in battlegrounds and 1v1
    Demonology is only viable in rated battlegrounds, because they are amazing at protecting objectives and are excellent at destroying flag carriers.

someone told me that desto is good in 2's with a fire mage, boomy, or ele shammy. And can demo be good in any comps in arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Affliction is viable in 1v1.
    No it isn't. Get any equally skilled class vs a warlock and they warlock can normally lose 90% of his health in the opener.

Anyway, destro has some viability in some 3v3 comps but Affliction is a top tier class for RBGs, 5v5 and 3v3. There's no reason to play the other specs in pvp unless you're bored and want to crit high instead of doing constant damage.

Destro is fun for randoms, but in RBG/3v3/5v5 enviroment affliction surpases it easilly. If only Blizzard added some steroid buff for lock when immolate's dispelled and granted ability to stack backlash procs (like FoF for mages) things may've turned diffferently. But as it stands atm few ppls are runing destro MLS to duelist/low glad raitings, whille blizzard isn't going to bother changing anything till MoP. Atm shadowfury is a single proper tool destro have in pvp, dmg is far inferior to fire mage/ele shaman. And i would imagine that toughtest part in trying out destro is convincing teammates to give you a chance to run it)

P.S. For MoP destro looks much better then it is now and more fun in general. May actually see it making comeback once again.

I really enjoy playing Afflic in BG's, tossing out a LOT of dmg and really putting the pressure on their healers by spreading the dmg as much as I can. Go afflic, its a great spec

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    No it isn't. Get any equally skilled class vs a warlock and they warlock can normally lose 90% of his health in the opener.

Anyway, destro has some viability in some 3v3 comps but Affliction is a top tier class for RBGs, 5v5 and 3v3. There's no reason to play the other specs in pvp unless you're bored and want to crit high instead of doing constant damage.
    I agree. I feel like the people that think affliction locks are amazing 1vs1 must not have one or something. They don't kill fast enough for most melee classes. I can hold my own against most ranged classes, but rogues, ferals, warriors, etc tear me up. AoE fear? Trinket. Teleport? Gap closer.

At least when I go demo I have a few more tools to use, plus my pet cleans up.