Deleted

4P t13 Bonus for Affliction

Good afternoon, question regarding the 4p t13 bonus for affliction warlock, since soulburn increases your spellpower by 10%, should you use soulfire after you casted soulburn to get the shard back, or keep nuking whatever you were casting?

Thanks in advance!

Use the soulburn not immediately, but instead of your next shadowbolt. It only takes precedence over your filler. And if you know there will be movement in the duration, you can save the instant soul fire for then.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will (almost) always use that soulburn for a soulfire, because you want that soul shard back to keep using that 4pc on CD. In a 6min fight, casting soulburn on CD, you'll get 8 uses of your 4pc if you soulfire to get it back. If you don't soulfire, you only get three. So......you want the 8 uses.

Should you use the soulfire immediately when you pop soulburn? Depends on whats going on in the fight imo. It's a 15s buff and it's off the GCD, so if you need to refresh a dot, recast haunt since it just came off CD, or you're in your opener and still only have 2 stacks of Shadow Embrace, then do those first before soulfiring prolly. Or you might end up needing it for something else, a healthstone or a Seed of Corruption.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for the suggestions, i'll do that from now on!

Like I said, an instant soulfire's DPET is still higher than a normal shadowbolts, so you'll always use it at some point. Since you have a finite 15 second window to use it and get the same benefit no matter when in that 15 second window you use it, it's best to do it in place of your lowest DPET spell, i.e. shadowbolt, most of the time (like the situations Gracful mentioned)