1. #1

    Will be warlock able solo Firelands bosses in MoP?

    Do you think warlock will be able solo some bosses from Firelands in MoP at lvl 90 (not all ofc)? Im wondering now because I want Teracgosa staf for my lock but cant get it now (lock is only my alt and not even lvl 85 yet). You probably ask for what? Simple, I just love vanity stuff and some cool RP items (thats why I still keep all stuff from SM chain quest on my DK main).

    Ofc we can only speculate now but will this be possible?

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Zethras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Acherus is my home.
    Posts
    1,978
    I doubt it, many of the bosses have 2 tank mechanics, and the ones that don't have stacking mechanics.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

  3. #3
    havnt been in the beta so havnt seen the jump in hp and spell power and stuff. depending on that

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Cinnamohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    799
    Would probably be close to the difficulty of trying to solo Ulduar or ToC now at 85.

  5. #5
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Do you think warlock will be able solo some bosses from Firelands in MoP at lvl 90 (not all ofc)? Im wondering now because I want Teracgosa staf for my lock but cant get it now (lock is only my alt and not even lvl 85 yet). You probably ask for what? Simple, I just love vanity stuff and some cool RP items (thats why I still keep all stuff from SM chain quest on my DK main).

    Ofc we can only speculate now but will this be possible?
    Seriously doubt it. It's hard enough to solo TBC raids now.

  6. #6
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Spygnesy/videos

    with this, I would say in the last content patch of MoP, we may be able to.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Pisholina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Posts
    990
    Well, there is already a video of a Warlock soloing Morchok in Beta. I don't think you can easily bypass Firelands boss mechanics, but maybe you will be able to kill a few bosses (Rhyolith, Shannox if you can reduce the incoming damage...).
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Well, there is already a video of a Warlock soloing Morchok in Beta. I don't think you can easily bypass Firelands boss mechanics, but maybe you will be able to kill a few bosses (Rhyolith, Shannox if you can reduce the incoming damage...).
    Warlocks have been nerfed HARD since then. During that time warlocks had ~90% damage reduction from mastery (the lock literally ate the entire black phase during morchok each time, and only tick on him for about 300 damage)and ~72% physical damage reduction. Now we have 10% damage reduction from mastery and ~40% from armor.

    Shouldn't use beta as example because things change by the day.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,751
    Warlocks SHOULD be able to solo a few FL bosses in Firelands. Shannox 10 will be fairly easy- burst down Rageface, then work on Shannox, then Riplimb- Trapping Riplimg will be important for your Voidwalker, so it can drop stacks. With the healing, health pools, and damage, should be a simple matter.

    Beth'ilac will be more a healing fight- you have to withstand Beth's constant AoE while you kill stuff on the ground.

    Since Bloodfunnel heals in direct HP%, you might be able to solo Baleroc, not sure about that one. You wouldnt want to tank any crystals though.

    Alysrazor will be a simple "burn". Get 25 stacks asap, burn her down before she lands.

    Ryolith will be tricky, youll need to down adds while steering him.
    Majordomo will be a burn- hell be in cat form and you wont be able to turn him back, so eventually hell be putting out a fire every second.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  10. #10
    Depending on how well our pets can tank (if they keep an actual taunt) it could be possible. Fights like Baleroc where you're taking 90% of your health per hit as a flat amount, without any avoidance, we'll be limited by how many times our pet can hit and how many pets we'll realistically be able to use. If we can still do good enough damage with our tanking glyph to avoid some mechanics like the stacking debuff on shannox it should be doable, if not later in the expansion when we have better gear.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Would probably be close to the difficulty of trying to solo Ulduar or ToC now at 85.
    Well it will be easy then


    It's a bit too soon to tell, the tanking glyph can be a great soloing tool but who knows how much they gonna nerf it until it goes live. I don't know how much dps a lvl90 will do, but with the current beta glyph, even Ragnaros should be soloable. I intend to try anyway

    Considering that a 85 mage can solo Alysrazor now, at least this one is sure to be doable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Warlocks have been nerfed HARD since then. During that time warlocks had ~90% damage reduction from mastery (the lock literally ate the entire black phase during morchok each time, and only tick on him for about 300 damage)and ~72% physical damage reduction. Now we have 10% damage reduction from mastery and ~40% from armor.

    Shouldn't use beta as example because things change by the day.
    Yeah they nerfed it hard already, but even now stacking mastery you can reach very high lvl of mitigation. I can sustain 80% physical dmg reduction with the current beta glyph.
    Last edited by Ysen; 2012-04-01 at 09:43 PM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •