diablo 2 we could make games for cows or duelin

so how in diablo 3 am i suppose to just join a chill game of dueling? i mean even once dueling is added there is not even custom games lists. just a dumb dungeon finder type thing.. wtf? did anyone at blizzard actually play d2 and realize how fun dueling games are. sorry but it is way different then arena. dueling games you can just sit for hours and duel and talk and talk shit and compare gear and stuff like that.

so what do you guys think? i just want d3 to last a long time for me and if all there is to do is farm and then do arena i dont think it will be as good as d2. i even heard ppl dont even talk to each other in the beta like you do in d2

Tell me, did you play the release version of D3?

No, unsurprisingly, D3 is not supposed to be exactly like D2, contrary to popular belief.

I like his Avatar combined with his title. It rings so true, since he's probably standing in fire. Right now.

Anyhow, back on topic, I agree to some extent. The game will need a lure to hook people for a long long time, but as long as we don't know what they currently have to offer, it doesn't really make sense to speculate either way. I don't want a cow level, I don't care for dueling all that much, but I too fear that the diversity of end-game might lack, with all those variables being removed and fixed values being added. Right now, no one knows. Besides blizzard.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-04-02 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    dueling games you can just sit for hours and duel and talk and talk shit and compare gear and stuff like that.
    Yeah those were definitely good times. Games where you could just join, kill a few cows, spread some ears around the Blood Moor, and shoot the shit.

Alas, this is no longer D2. We have no idea what it will be like. Maybe it will suck without the type of fun described above. Or maybe we won't even miss it because there will be other things to do. We'll have to wait and see.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."