Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Just play whatever you prefer and enjoy the most

their both have their cons and pros just comes down to if you pefer playing with mouse+keyboard or controller whichever

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    I hope that's an april fools joke.....
    nope I pretty much only play WoW anymore and it runs max settings on a Macbook. THe only April Fool's joke is assuming a Macbook is somehow not up to par.

PC is always superior platform when compared to any other systems no matter on what platform u are making the game u need a PC to do it.
    PC is always best for gaming because they are high end and they are high end because they are up to date that is resulting it more costlier if u have money u wont regret spending your money on pc for gaming . I have an 5 year old pc which is C2Q, 4gb ram, nvidia 9600gt which is graphically superior to ps3 and 360 because i also both of those consoles now im buying a pc for gaming worth $4500 which will definetly blow away next gen consoles only downside of pc is cost factor . God Bless

I've spent the last days playing Skyrim packed with mods. Loving the PC so far.

Can anyone shed some light on PC version of BF3 for me? I love it on consoles, but feel like the 64 player games may be too chaotic. And not to mention I'd have to re-unlock everything, alongside paying another $75 for the game, and Karkand DLC.

I'm looking for it to be my go-to game for PC. I was hoping Tribes: Ascend could takes that place but it really didn't cut it for me. Skiing is very fun, but really all the game is, is flying and learning how to lead your shot at certain distances / heights.
    Last edited by Lord Bale; 2012-04-06 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an xbox and wii but those are for my kids' games, lego and sports, and netflix. In fact, the only game I play on the console is RDR and that's just because they still have not ported it to the PC. I have a Merc and with a mouse its much more comfortable, for me, than using a controller. Those controllers are just too freaking tiny for me and don't "feel" anywhere near as user-friendly.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I went ahead and got BF3 anyways. Gonna take me a while to adapt to the mouse and keyboard though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying an overpriced game (BF3) and DLC for it twice on the second platform? Are you serious?

Just play TF2. It's free, more balanced, better designed, doesn't require Origin or weird-ass battlelog server browser. And it's much more fun in general imo.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Only reason to go for console is money. It's generally cheaper, unless you don't have a TV/monitor but most families have this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

>Better graphics and (arguably) better controls
    >If you want, you can plug in a (corded) xbox 360 controller to play games with if you don't like mouse/keyboard
    >You can get a ridiculous number of games
    >EMULATORS so you can play all of your old favorite NES, n64 and ps2 games. There is literally an emulator for every system except PS3 and Xbox 360, which most of the games released for that are also released on the PC.

So OP, the real question should be:

PC Gaming. Why shouldn't I?

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously have a computer, why not play PC. The graphics are 100x better and you can mod and all that jazz. Generally speaking, if its a first person, it feels more right for it to be on the computer for me. Especially FPS (except halo).

Also, you can get things for free (if you know what I mean)
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Play whatever you want. Personally I play PC over consoles for a number of reasons... here are a few.

- Can't really pirate games on the console, whereas the PC you can very easily.
    He told our secret, we're officially screwed.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    nope I pretty much only play WoW anymore and it runs max settings on a Macbook. THe only April Fool's joke is assuming a Macbook is somehow not up to par.
    It depends on how new it is or if you somehow customized it to be awesome... I would assume both of what I just said does it. Macbook Pro's just so everyone knows aren't actually that bad for WoW as everyone else says they are, they just here the word "Mac" and assume it's crappy. The pro actually holds up to the name Pro.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    So my question is, is PC Gaming really all that better than consoles? Are you a PC gamer? Do you have any special pro's / con's of PC gaming?
    Before I could afford to get a decent computer I stuck to console because well my computer was sub par for gaming, but upon making a good machine when I had saved up some money I have pretty much all but stopped buying console games unless they are console only titles. If you have a good machine there are a lot more perks to PC gaming then that of console, the biggest downside is if you drivers for your hardware cause issues with game x.

Up sides to console gaming is the developers know exactly your hardware specs and drivers and can make the game to run for it while as each PC has different specs and drivers and you can not viably test every combination to find out if one causes unseen bugs. Other up side (which is also a downside but Ill get to that later) is that the used game market is a lot larger, if your broke you can generally trade in games you no longer want to play for different used games for slightly cheaper.

Down sides to console gaming is that the hardware just can not handle what PCs can later in its life to where games have to be locked to 30fps at a smaller FoV and have to use tricks to make it playable. That modding games is all but non existent, you get what the developers make and you can not really tweak it to your liking. Limited keys and so some games get over simplified to work for the controller. And used game sales means the retail stores get 100% of the money, none reaches the developers and some companies that make a really good game can end up going under if the retail stores force used sales upon people for a game that's great for 1-2 play throughs but then is something you trade in after that. And lastly DLC is monopolized by the console store, which means that content that would drop at rate x can drop much slower if it even drops at all because there is no one else selling it.

Up side to PC, huge library of really good really cheap games, some of the Indie games that cost $5-$10 are just as good if not better then "tripple A" titles. Not limited to 12 buttons and can have more convenient controls if not a bad console to PC port. Many games on PC that are also on console as well have controller support as well so you can play K&M when you want more convenient controls but can use controller when you don't want to have to sit at your keyboard. Modding allows for people to make the game feel how they want it to feel, so if you want a games UI to be better for you there is generally a mod for that, if its to easy or to hard there is generally a mod to make it more or less challenging, etc. More customization since hardware is less limited so FPS can be at a rate that feels smooth, FoV can be at a angle that doesn't make you want to puke, etc (again if its not a bad console to PC port). Much larger selection of "genres" of games since there are just certain things that controllers just can not do (ever try to play a Sims game on a console? its awful) on top of the fact that Indies can make whatever they want to without having to get approval from Microsoft/Sony/Etc so you can get games like Trine, The ball, Frozen Synapse, Magika, Sanctum, Rock of Ages, Legend of Grimrock, SPAZ, Osmos, Xotic, and Zen bound which for the most part you would never see on consoles.

Downsides to PC, big name developers don't like PC as much since its harder to sell DLC when people can make free mods that do the same and are overly scared of piracy. Drivers. DRM. Drivers. Bad console to PC ports because some developers don't care about their PC customers and so leave options out that should be standard in PC games, have cruddy non bindable controls, etc. Drivers. Local multi player is supported on a lot less PC games then console and most of them are turn based "pass the keyboard when your done with your turn" games just flat out because it is rare for someone to have multiple input devices on a PC and so they don't bother wasting time and money developing for the few people that do, if you want to play with your friends you normally (not always) have to have a computer for each friend each with a copy of the game, and play online even if all 3,4,7,16,32 of you are sitting side by side in the same room. Oh and did I mention drivers?

All in all PC gaming has a lot more perks then downsides, and hopefully developers stop treating their consumers like they are all thieves and come up with better solutions to reducing piracy then punishing the people who don't pirate with DRM. But all in all, the modding and much larger game selection makes PC gaming well worth the building a computer that can do it, heck I even have some games that where made for DOS that I can still play on my PC after applying a fan made fix for the game to allow it to run in dosbox, no having to dig out a NES to play that old game, and if the NES breaks your not SoL on being able to play that game.

Console and PC both have their ups and downs but if you can afford a "gaming rig" PC gaming is definitely worth it (And I would suggest using Steam if you do PC gaming even if just for the vast amounts of really good really cheap Indie games, Steam in itself is another form of DRM where for most the games you buy on it you have to be online to boot up the game, but even so they have a lot of games you just can not find anywhere else that are cheap, and they generally have some pretty good sale of the day things every day and some really good holiday sales, there are other really good digital distributors that I would suggest as well but they don't normally have as good of a Indie selection as steam, I am not on my gaming rig right now so I can not remember the other distributors names but they shouldn't be hard to find)

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Buying an overpriced game (BF3) and DLC for it twice on the second platform? Are you serious?

Just play TF2. It's free, more balanced, better designed, doesn't require Origin or weird-ass battlelog server browser. And it's much more fun in general imo.
    I would agree with you that it's overpriced, but I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield series. And after spending a while playing it for PC I can see it was worth my money as I look to play it more than I do most of my other PC games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well first off im not much of a PC gamer as i prefer playing my games on my TV with a controller but anyway i would say playing games on a PC IMO isn't that much better. A lot of people will say otherwise because PC games usually have the ability to have mods, better graphics and what not and i really don't care for that garbage. A lot of PC gamers can be a little ignorant sometimes calling consoles all together useless and outdated all the time. The only games i would prefer playing on the PC are games like WoW (which i currently play on my PC) RTS games and sometimes FPS games. Other than that i much rather play on a console. Seeing how you racked up a score 50k gamerscore i can tell you've been playing on consoles a lot so i would just stick with consoles. The only benefit you'll get from PC games are pretty much better graphics and maybe better loading times(and if there are it's most likely not that much of a difference) unless you care at all about mods.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe