Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only way world peace would come is if humanity dispels their ignorance and ego, and actually develop compassion for each other.

Too often humanity has the self mentality instead of the "whole" mentality, so nobody bothers to promote the human race.

Since each mind is a perceiving conscious, each mind has to be free from an ego and ignorance in order to properly be compassionate and caring for the whole.

Even then, humanity would have to care about other species, like plants and animals, to truly be compassionate. And zombie invasion wouldn't bring world peace, because using fear to get humanity to join forces doesn't work. After it's over the humans will fight each other again.

I bet some people would deliberately spread a zombie plague to harm other people as a war weapon.

A deadly virus. Kill off about 70% of the worlds population. World Peace it's that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny comic=]. However I view things in a pessimistic light, I don't think there will ever be world peace until we have a one world government and that is at this point nearly impossible. A one world government would involve countries like Russia and the U.S. absorbing one another, and since neither can invade each other because of nukes, they would have to overcome every difference they see between them, and merge to form one country. And that would have to happen with every single country and political entity of Earth, lol. Even with an alien invasion, I'm sure plenty of religious groups will see it as their religions apocalyptic end and embrace it or even aid it. That is if the aliens dont just zap us with laser beams from a different galaxy lol.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly... the fastest way to achieve world peace is to eliminate religion.

I would imagine the only way to achieve world peace is to unite against a greater threat. For example, an alien invasion.

Earth would be united, but we would still be able to hate. We'd just be hating the aliens, not each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    Honestly... the fastest way to achieve world peace is to eliminate religion.
    that will not give us world peace. Religion is a tool design to teach people how to be good human beings, but people mis interpret the esoteric meanings of religion.

Furthermore, what happens when humanity fights over resources, and morality, and good versus evil, and civil law, and science versus philosophy, and race, color, and medicine versus nature, and fear versus safety, and nature versus nurture, and corruption verses honesty?

the human mind has a load of tricks up it sleeve to counter world peace, it's disgusting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    That's not world peace. That's building alliances of necessity to fight a common enemy.
    Alliances of necessity, when prolonged, can allow for the breakdown of previous misconceptions and prejudices that once hindered any chances at unification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by birdfly View Post
    that will not give us world peace. Religion is a tool design to teach people how to be good human beings, but people mis interpret the esoteric meanings of religion.

Furthermore, what happens when humanity fights over resources, and morality, and good versus evil, and civil law, and science versus philosophy, and race, color, and medicine versus nature, and fear versus safety, and nature versus nurture, and corruption verses honesty?

the human mind has a load of tricks up it sleeve to counter world peace, it's disgusting.
    First off, religion is not an avenue to teach how to be a good human being as that is highly subjective. It teaches you how the original perpetrators of the religion expect/want you to act. Secondly, almost all of the things you listed there that man would fight over stem almost exclusively in history from religious doctrines.

Too easy of a question

Weed!

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    When their are no more humans left the world will finally see peace.
    only if we take out all life with us on the way down. Dont delude yourself nature is pretty damn violent on its own without our intervention, it just tends to balance itself out naturaly over time however.

Who is John Galt?

I guess the only thing which might lead to world peace is a common enemy. I'm afraid anyone who thinks any political system will lead to equality and peace is overly positive. Hope the future will prove me wrong :-).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    World peace will never excist , it never has and never will be .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Sadly, not even that would work. People will ALWAYS have different opinions. People will always want something different from someone else. In a situation like that, maybe someone wants to survive and the other is just insane and just wants to kill people and the two butt heads? I don't see this solving anything.
    So close, it's not a problem that people want different things, it's that other people want the same thing as them and the people that want the impossible. *

*still just an opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foospimp View Post
    Too easy of a question

Weed!
    Where's the dam like button?

Deleted
    not a zombie outbreak but an alien invasion would unite people.

"On the day an enemy targets us all as humans - that day will be the day we've achieved world peace."

If everyone would see the light and join along side the American Empire then the world would be one and at peace.

Until then war will continue -- and it is on non-American hands but on the hands of stubbornness of the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggity View Post
    True democracy, because atm there is no such thing even close.
    2 major points:
    1. Presidents/Pms rise to power through voting and things they do, not backed by massive corporations to push them into the view of the voters eyes. The choices we get for leaders are already predetrmined by the elite.
    2. Tax brackets go higher and higher, in Canada the highest tax bracket is like 50% or something, and you get that making like 150k a year. Billionaires should be paying 99% tax imo, and i can bet that if you held a democratic vote to make the super rich give all thier money away, it would pass.

Basically through democratic voting for the redistribution of wealth from the elite to the rest of the world, we could get a little closer to world peace and the stars.
    The problem I see with these kinds of "redistribution" is that it gives none any incentive to do anything. If a billionaire will only get 1% of his money, why would he even have bothered to become a billionaire in the first place? People don't just stumble into that, they earn it (some probably dont via family, but at some point someone earned the money). I do agree that higher income people should pay the same as lower income people though. But 99% seems punitive. Why punish someone for being successful?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Abolish all religions
    2.) Legalize and embrace cannabis
    3.)???
    4.)Profit!

World peace undermines darwinism and thus I can't support it under any circumstance except where it is achieved through darwinism.

Ship everyone who is not me off the planet.