10+ Year Old Account

Hunter weapon damage

i have been really watching posts on gear from Mists.. and the same thing keeps showing up. weapon stats for hunters is still half of every other class's.

literally every stat on a crossbow/gun/bow is still basically what we have on them now. beta is beta, but has this issue been mentioned or clarified with a solution?

or is our stats gonna be so low because our talents/spells are gonna make up the ridiculous damage gap that im currently seeing within other weapon models for other classes?

EDIT: i also noticed our scope enchant is only 200 agi.. lol.. and the other chants for other classes are 1000+??
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Like... I hate to say this, but... beta...

On live we aren't consistently top 5 because mostly legendaries are the issue. I actually think while we aren't in an ideal spot on live, it's adequate for the time being.

To think that after all the beta testing we'd be something like halfway as powerful as other classes? Lol, that's a joke. Not even possible that that would happen to a pure dps.

With the beta only being out for like a week and people not even being able to level to 90 yet there is really no reason to worry. I doubt blizzard has even balanced any stats yet.

Yeah the stats haven't been rebalanced on them yet, just an oversight. They aren't going to make hunters have such drastically reduced ratings and core stats, that'd be just silly. No worries, they'll get to it.

Some have just ridiculous stats, like take this for example... http://www.wowdb.com/items/77528-lon...rillium-sniper

It'll all get fixed.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Vishanka as an example has had it's weapon damage doubled, so the sky isn't falling, they are just fixing wep dmg so low level pvp hunters aren't OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess i should have been more clear... the change to most classes being lost stat sticks... for us.. its losing our melee weapons.. those stats went SOMEPLACE.. for every weapon ive seen so far.. there has been great inflation in the stats to offset those classes losing their relic/idol/ranged weapons.. so for example.. a 2h sword has over 1000 str and like almost as much stam.. not to mention haste and crit being way up there.. but when you look at any NEW hunter weapon.. we have stats relative to now.. meaning we get 200 agi.. 190 stam.. crit haste whatever.. its all crap. even our scope enchant is only 200 agi.. when all the other chants are in the thousands range.

whats even more funny.. our scope chant right now on live is 300 agi.. so i was just trying to make sure i didnt miss something someplace about why of ALL the new weapons data mined.. why is it just the bows/guns/xbows that are looking like crap in terms of stats?
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-04-02 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It's still beta, a bunch of tooltips have 0% modifiers and stuff, i imagine our weapons just haven't been updated stats wise other than weapon damage, yet.

Deleted
    Please don't forget that there are more factors to an abilities dmg than just stats! The thing that comes to my head imediatly is scaling factors. If in MoP our abilities will scale better with ap than they are doing now first of all that would make up for the lost stats on our MH and second of all it would solve the problem with hunters falling behind, dps wise, with higher raid tiers.
    This is just a theory that could explain the missing stats on hunter specific gear, but there is one thing that is for sure. It is way too early to get mad at blizzard or to start celebrating because of any changes they made sofar. Just sit back and relaxe! Blizzard did try soooo hard to brake hunter, and for my part they have failed at that. I like the general idea they are having about how hunter should be.