Second opinion on gaming build

Hello!

Im building myself one heck of a overkill gaming computer, and im looking for a second opinion / recommandation for some the parts.
    I live in Denmark, and i work at a computer shop, so im kinda limited to the parts we are able to get (because im really a cheap bastard, and i like getting discount)
    The parts i've been considering so far:

mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Formula
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K
    RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX T1 Black Series - 2x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
    case: BitFenix Colossus (already bought)
    PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Grand 850W (already bought)
    CPU cooling: Corsair H100
    SSD: 2x in raid-0 Corsair Force Series GT 120GB

I've been jumping from one SSD to the another, and can't seem to decide which one would be optimal.
    The choice has been narrowed down to the Intel 520 series, the samsung 830 series and the Corsair force GT. All of them as 120GB/128GB disks, and in raid 0. I can't order mushkin SSD's unfortunantly, so that isn't an option.

i've also had a hard time deciding which RAM modules to buy. Been going from G.skill 4x4GB 2133mhz RAM to Corsair vengeance 4x4GB 1866MHZ etc.
    Should i just save some money and buy a 1600MHZ 4x4GB RAM package since it's such a small gain in performance gaming-wise?
    but on the other side, all the other components are awesomely fast and such, so i dont want to cheap out on the RAM and potentially create a bottleneck there.

Any recommandations, ideas and such are highly appreciated!
    And I thank you for your time : )

Deleted
    in my short time of investigating computer components i found that anything above a i5-2500k (or the new 3750k) is not needed for gaming unless you are planning serious video editing/3D rendering jobs due to hyperthreading technology. Cant help you with your specified questions however, though it seems the crucial m4 ssd is very reliable. might be worth looking into
    Good luck with your endevours ^^

Deleted
    If we are talking purely gaming, there is no way the extra 2500DKK going from i5-2500k to i7-3930K is worth it. The performance difference is minimal. With that in mind I would stick with 1600MHz RAM and an ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard. Considering price, performance and reliability I would stick with Crucial m4's for your SSD's. That said I would rather start with 256GB single drive than 128GB (x2) but that's up to you of course.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k - 1447DKK
    MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 1232DKK
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB (white, low profile, low voltage) - 414DKK (alternative, black, low profile)
    SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB - 1105DKK

Take the saved money and invest into some GTX680(s) or 7970(s), assuming you actually need new GPU(s) as well. If not enjoy similar performance and a fat wallet

Deleted
    Also, be wary by going with the H100 watercooling solution. For less money you can get a great air cooler (noctua NH-D14) that cools just as well, if not better.
    It is ugly as sin imo, and you might have to go with low profile ram, and it might (or might not - see below) be making more sound.
    The Noctua fans are really quiet, so that wouldnt have to be a big issue. also ive read and heard some Corsair hydro pumps (including the h100) making more noise then expected for that price. It could be faulty units, or not. just like to put it out there. (you can see this for yourself on youtube)

He did say overkill, though. So why not I7

Deleted
    you can also buy a 1200w+ power supply and it would be overkill. it would also have no extra benefit whatsoever. (if the machine is for gaming alone the i7 adds nothing, it only subtrackts money from your bank account.)

If you're asking advice then we're going to give advice. Stupid advice is to throw money at the wall until it gives you something.
    The new IB chips are set to release late this month I believe, so regardless of what you're buying I'd keep an eye open for those as well.

Thanks to everyone for the inputs so far : ).

As i said in my original post, i know im going "over board" with the specs i listed, and it is kinda the point.
    I'm under the impression that the 3930K is a far superior CPU compared to the 2500K, and in a couple of years, when games are developed to utilise the power of the LGA2011 CPU's better, it'll begin to shine. or am i wrong? : )
    I am going to overclock everything in it significantly. just FYI.

And im really hooked on the H100 after reading about it, so that's basically set in stone.

anyone with any experience with 2x SSD's in raid 0 ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunabaduna View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the inputs so far : ).

As i said in my original post, i know im going "over board" with the specs i listed, and it is kinda the point.
    I'm under the impression that the 3930K is a far superior CPU compared to the 2500K, and in a couple of years, when games are developed to utilise the power of the LGA2011 CPU's better, it'll begin to shine. or am i wrong? : )
    I am going to overclock everything in it significantly. just FYI.

And im really hooked on the H100 after reading about it, so that's basically set in stone.

anyone with any experience with 2x SSD's in raid 0 ?
    You decide if below numbers = far superior.

Comparison i5-2500k vs i7-3930k

There's overkill, and then there's silly. In today's environments, not even the i5 2500k's quadcore shines all that much, since threading is a horrible, horrible thing that programmers are apparently still trying to tackle. This isn't a cockpunch to 'em, but fact of the matter is that most games aren't optimized for, well, any number of cores but one for the most part.

By the time the industry is really more optimized for hexacore or octocore power, I'm sure we'll be more saturated with them. Until then, a lot of the punch really comes from the sheer speed of the individual cores. But know what? We're generally ahead of the curve here. Due to the limitations imposed by shitty console hardware, there's very little truly challenging the systems' limits. And most of them that possibly do so are only loosely capable of doing so by doing silly or weird things. WoW's ultra shadows recalculate and redraw the shadows all the time. Of course that's gonna murder the CPU in 25man raids with all the other stuff going on in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    If we are talking purely gaming, there is no way the extra 2500DKK going from i5-2500k to i7-3930K is worth it. The performance difference is minimal. With that in mind I would stick with 1600MHz RAM and an ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard. Considering price, performance and reliability I would stick with Crucial m4's for your SSD's. That said I would rather start with 256GB single drive than 128GB (x2) but that's up to you of course.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k - 1447DKK
    MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 1232DKK
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB (white, low profile, low voltage) - 414DKK (alternative, black, low profile)
    SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB - 1105DKK

Take the saved money and invest into some GTX680(s) or 7970(s), assuming you actually need new GPU(s) as well. If not enjoy similar performance and a fat wallet

I wouldn't recommend the Askrock Z68 Extreme 4 gen3 simply because the Divi-Extreme components North and West of the processor get in the way of some of the bulkier Heatsinks. It makes it a huge pain in the ass to work with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the Askrock Z68 Extreme 4 gen3 simply because the Divi-Extreme components North and West of the processor get in the way of some of the bulkier Heatsinks. It makes it a huge pain in the ass to work with.
    H100 isn't exactly a bulky heatsink.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You decide if below numbers = far superior.

Comparison i5-2500k vs i7-3930k

I have looked at the charts again and again and again etc.
    But i just can't seem to make sense of it.
    Why did they even make the LGA2011 and put such a steep pricetag on it, if it's CPU's arn't that much better than LGA1155?

I think i might wait for IB and go 1155, after reading your feedback : )

They're better, but there's a fairly specific market for them. More to the point, I think a fair few of these benchmarks just won't show any notable performance increase anymore. Add some weird behavior and stuff to it and we've got stuff like Civ 5 there with 1/3rd of the render score.