View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the next console war?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Xbox Durango

13 72.22%
  • PlayStation Orbis

5 27.78%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Who do you think will win the next console war: Xbox Durango or PlayStation Orbis?

With both consoles now essentially confirmed for a 2013 release.

-Which do you think will win the next console war and why?

Until we see games being run on both systems and true/final hardware specifications I'll hold judgment.

Neither. The Wii-U will win because it doesn't have ridiculously stupid game limitations, has awesome third-party and online support, and will once again revolutionize the gaming industry, which the other two will inevitably copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Nintendo Wii U, and to keep me form getting mark as a troll I will just say Xbox Durango, as I have a thing against Sony. Its not a good reason to not like Sony but hey I got one.

Depends largely on whether or not Sony prices themselves out of the market again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Neither. The Wii-U will win because it doesn't have ridiculously stupid game limitations, has awesome third-party and online support, and will once again revolutionize the gaming industry, which the other two will inevitably copy.
    o.0 not sure if srs.

If the rumors about the PS are true, the xbox wins.

I think you're missing an option wii U

I was just reading up that rumor has it, with the PS Orbis, you won't be able to play used games :/. That's kinda a bummer being I usually buy all my games used.

Deleted
    You mean the Wii U which will just be on par with the PS3/XBOX360? :> Nintendo isnt catering for the crowd who usually plays (real) consoles.. they're more into family/friends + social gaming.

I could imagine a good round of Mario Smash Bro. on the Wii U with my friends, but not GTA 5 or Assassins Creed with uber Kinect support.

Deleted
    I voted xbox because I'm more of an xbox fan. But it really is too soon to tell, we don't know anything about them at all.

sony, in terms of the console sony won this war hands down.
    the Wii is a joke, and the 360 is more known for XBLA(and dieing more then characters in a game of thrones).

and for those saying the Wii-U has a chance? AAAHAHAHA HA. heres a wake up call, devs have said its "on par with the current console gen" think about that.

it took nintendo 3 years to make a 7 year out dated piece of tech. as they are i won't be surprised when nintendo drops out of the hardware business altogether.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-04-02 at 02:05 PM.

I don't think there will be a console war, not like we've seen in the past. Historically (and I chuckle at that when its in reference to video games) console wars raged due to console exclusive titles. Big names like Zelda are only on nintendo. Metal gear solid ONLY came out on Playstation. FF(insert number) and so on. Halo for the X-box.

Now a days most blockbuster AAA games are multiconsole and the gameplay experiences on the different hardware is honestly non existent. You might eek out an extra frame or two, but nothing thats a real deal breaker. Not like...PS3 fails to load the game at all, and the 360 loads it while making you a sandwich. Thats the kind of differences m talking about. Minor glitches are a meh. Don't care about em. Right now you can realistically break the consoles down into three categories:

Multiplayer - Hands down get an Xbox. You pay for the service, but the service is MUCH better. Less DC, less lag, more support, better intergrated party system...the list is endless. Proportionally, the single plyer experience on the xbox (at least to me) took a hit here. Again, just me.

Single player - Get a PS3. The hardware is a bit more stable, and you can use it as a blueray player to boot. Coupled with an HD tv you can enjoy extreme graphics in all your daily activities.

Party/exclusive titles - Go for a wii.You like elda and mario? Can't get enough samus? Wii is your stop. Got a bunch of friends coming over that *casually* game? bust out wii sports or bowling. Nothing breaks the ice like getting people involved.

So really its not going to be a console war, it'll be each system filling its niche a little better...then again I could be wrong and we'll relive the vicious battles of SNES v SEGA, or the equally bitter wars of PS2 v XBOX...many perished in those wars, eaten alive by the rabid fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornath View Post
    or the equally bitter wars of PS2 v XBOX...many perished in those wars, eaten alive by the rabid fanboys.
    there was a war? the xbox didn't even compete with the line up the PS2 had, name 10 of the greatest games in that gen... 7 of them are on the PS2 and the other 3 are PC.

ill stick with the playstation, theres no difference between PS3 and X360 they run the same games.

Only reason i'd get an Xbox is Gears of War, and thats just 1 game
    Last edited by ButterToast; 2012-04-02 at 02:12 PM.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Go look up what Revolutionize means. Nintendo hasnt done it for some time. And as for its online, its yet to be seen if it will be worth a shit.

sony, in terms of the console sony won this war hands down.
    the Wii is a joke, and the 360 is more known for XBLA.
    What? Sony didnt win this generation. While i agree with the Wii, i cant remember the last time i played the XBLA.

You mean the Wii U which will just be on par with the PS3/XBOX360? :> Nintendo isnt catering for the crowd who usually plays (real) consoles.. they're more into family/friends + social gaming.
    Exactly this.

I don't think there will be a console war, not like we've seen in the past. Historically (and I chuckle at that when its in reference to video games) console wars raged due to console exclusive titles. Big names like Zelda are only on nintendo. Metal gear solid ONLY came out on Playstation. FF(insert number) and so on. Halo for the X-box.

Now a days most blockbuster AAA games are multiconsole and the gameplay experiences on the different hardware is honestly non existent. You might eek out an extra frame or two, but nothing thats a real deal breaker. Not like...PS3 fails to load the game at all, and the 360 loads it while making you a sandwich. Thats the kind of differences m talking about. Minor glitches are a meh. Don't care about em. Right now you can realistically break the consoles down into three categories:

Multiplayer - Hands down get an Xbox. You pay for the service, but the service is MUCH better. Less DC, less lag, more support, better intergrated party system...the list is endless. Proportionally, the single plyer experience on the xbox (at least to me) took a hit here. Again, just me.

Single player - Get a PS3. The hardware is a bit more stable, and you can use it as a blueray player to boot. Coupled with an HD tv you can enjoy extreme graphics in all your daily activities.

Party/exclusive titles - Go for a wii.You like elda and mario? Can't get enough samus? Wii is your stop. Got a bunch of friends coming over that *casually* game? bust out wii sports or bowling. Nothing breaks the ice like getting people involved.

So really its not going to be a console war, it'll be each system filling its niche a little better...then again I could be wrong and we'll relive the vicious battles of SNES v SEGA, or the equally bitter wars of PS2 v XBOX...many perished in those wars, eaten alive by the rabid fanboys.
    As much as people hate to read this its 100% true. Each system has its strong points and each has its weak points, people are going to go with what thier prefrence is and that most of the time coincides with a strong point of one of the systems.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    Consoles ? hahaha

Computers destroy consoles in gaming. :>
    Computers aren't involved in console wars.

Consoles ? hahaha

which is why PC bows to console in term of convention, wait wha?

and anyway a true gamer cares not the platform, just the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    With both consoles now essentially confirmed for a 2013 release.

-Which do you think will win the next console war and why?
    Really not enough info to go off of yet. Sony has a hill to climb to get to #1, but so did Microsoft after getting trounced by the PS2 during that console cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Computers aren't involved in console wars.
    i forgot that part and corrected it :F
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Consoles ? hahaha

You are right, I have not fired up my Wii or 360 in some time, rarely touch my DS Lite. Computer gaming is just so Addictive.