Heroic Spine 10M Transition

Hey,
    I have a question about how people are handling transitions. Right now we're getting through phase 1 without a problem. Our plan was to kill the corruptions, take down the bloods, let the amalgs clean up the left overs and be rolling as they pick them up, so that they would fly off once they were empowered. However this has just caused us to lose at least one or two people, so my question is how are people handling this? Our raid comp is:

DK Tank
    Warrior Tank

Hunter
    Lock
    Rouge
    Boomkin

Disc/Holy Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Disc/Holy Priest (Resto Druid main, but we think priest works better since they have a raid cooldown)

How is everyone else handling the transitions? Is this the strat we should be trying for? I thought that maybe we could just group the bloods in the back after we roll, kill them off, and just leave the spots back there, that way we don't waste all that mana/risk tanks getting roflpowned.

Deleted
    We pop all our cooldowns to counteract the heavy dmg. We have one guy kill the bloods (usually our FDK), everyone else kills the corruptions. A tank picks up the amalgamations and eats as much blood as possible and we roll right after he is done soaking.

Also you have STL, which makes rolling a joke, so make sure you use it there.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-04-02 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereinigung View Post
    Hey,
    I have a question about how people are handling transitions. Right now we're getting through phase 1 without a problem. Our plan was to kill the corruptions, take down the bloods, let the amalgs clean up the left overs and be rolling as they pick them up, so that they would fly off once they were empowered. However this has just caused us to lose at least one or two people, so my question is how are people handling this? Our raid comp is:

DK Tank
    Warrior Tank

Hunter
    Lock
    Rouge
    Boomkin

Disc/Holy Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Disc/Holy Priest (Resto Druid main, but we think priest works better since they have a raid cooldown)

How is everyone else handling the transitions? Is this the strat we should be trying for? I thought that maybe we could just group the bloods in the back after we roll, kill them off, and just leave the spots back there, that way we don't waste all that mana/risk tanks getting roflpowned.

Use everyone of your 3 minute cds on this phase transition. Barrier, Holy Priest Hymn, but especially SLT. These will be important. The transition into the 3rd plate will be your toughest transition phase. Make sure to save all the above cds for the transitions and you should be fine.
    Cleaning up the bloods with the amalgs will lessen the load on your tanks for the final plate.
    Also, make sure your tanks dont get stacks on the amalgs too early. We stack on the side and our tanks stack the amalgs and bloods on top of each other and all the dps aoes. The perfect situation would be the amalgs getting as many stacks as possible and flying away right away. So make sure you don't do it too early or too late.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereinigung View Post
    Resto Druid main, but we think priest works better since they have a raid cooldown
    Tranquilty combined with Spirit Link Totem basically makes you immortal. I'd suggest Holy Priest, Resto Shaman and Resto Druid. This way you can use Divine Hymn, Tranquility and Spirit Link Totem in each phase transition.
    Also, do not kill any of the blood until your raid is stacked for the barrel roll. Let one of your DPS nuke the blood down to 30% or so, stack up, pop raid cooldowns and start finishing them off. Be sure to have only one living corruption at this time.

Just one little pointer I thought I'd throw out there: we also have our Boomkin and Spriest heal during the roll since there is virtually nothing to DPS.

We figured out that it's not as important to pick bloods up here as it is to pick extra bloods when exploding the amalgamation. You should usually use your resto shamans spirit link coupled with some other cooldown during rolls.

Also, I just wrote a tanking guide for this including some tips for when to use cooldowns and whatnot to get rid of bloods, and our setups seem similiar, so if you're interested, click here yo.
    Last edited by Rätti; 2012-04-02 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks so much for the replies guys I'll pass it along.

we run Shaman, Resto Druid, and Disc Priest. We always roll the top right corner. We kill that corruption last, but have our Prot Warrior & Combat Rogue kill the bloods near the little hole. We have the Healers stack up by the Plate so if the bloods come to them (from aggro) the Warrior can pick it up. When we're about to roll, we use SLT, Rallying Cry, Barrier, and Tranq. kinda overkill but it makes rolling easy + searing plasmas easier to maintain. This also allows the Amalgs to pick up the bloods and get rid of some of the Bloods so it's not hectic during Plate 3.
    Good Luck

When you have the Corruptions down, AoE like you´ve never aoe´d before and make the amal tank run over it and then roll, have heavy cd´s for the Aoe´ing and Roll.