Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I just hope there isn't threads of world first Inferno completions and stuff. Diablo did have a ladder but really, who even cared? Most people played because the game was awesomely fun to play by yourself or with friends. I'd just hate to see the game become so much like WoW and be a constant competition. I'll beat Infernoi eventually. I don't care how long it takes.
    Everyone that showed up on the ladder and tried to get on it...plenty of people cared.
    For a lot of people D2 was constant competition, that's what you get with any kind of game and has absolutely nothing to do with WoW.

    @thread :
    I'm really glad they're working on making Inferno brutally hard and hope it'll be hard for everyone.
    Diablo 2 was super easy and I really don't get the drama over iron maiden since you could avoid it completely by taking a few seconds dragging out the melee mobs and killing the casters with skills that don't do physical damage.
    What I did with my barbarian : locate casters, leap to casters, berserk till they're dead, check if there are other casters around and whirlwind through melee mobs when there aren't any close enough and when you don't have iron maiden on you (duh). It took a little bit more time but it's very easy to do and didn't require awesome gear.
    Ancients on hell were never an issue for me on any of my characters and I played with everything, I did however switched to my smiter to deal with ancients since that killed them in a few seconds.

    Just be prepared for anything I guess
    An Apple fanboy called me a retard.
    In the real world that makes me a genius.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Everyone that showed up on the ladder and tried to get on it...plenty of people cared.
    For a lot of people D2 was constant competition, that's what you get with any kind of game and has absolutely nothing to do with WoW.

    @thread :
    I'm really glad they're working on making Inferno brutally hard and hope it'll be hard for everyone.
    Diablo 2 was super easy and I really don't get the drama over iron maiden since you could avoid it completely by taking a few seconds dragging out the melee mobs and killing the casters with skills that don't do physical damage.
    What I did with my barbarian : locate casters, leap to casters, berserk till they're dead, check if there are other casters around and whirlwind through melee mobs when there aren't any close enough and when you don't have iron maiden on you (duh). It took a little bit more time but it's very easy to do and didn't require awesome gear.
    Ancients on hell were never an issue for me on any of my characters and I played with everything, I did however switched to my smiter to deal with ancients since that killed them in a few seconds.

    Just be prepared for anything I guess
    Agreed, if you play like a douche, you die like a douche. Iron Maiden was something you had to simply take in account. And of course put a few points in magic damage talents. Can't be bothered to look it up (possibly berserk now I see it mentioned up here).

  3. #43

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans Keile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Agreed, if you play like a douche, you die like a douche. Iron Maiden was something you had to simply take in account. And of course put a few points in magic damage talents. Can't be bothered to look it up (possibly berserk now I see it mentioned up here).
    I loved Iron Maiden. It's saved my ass from wannabe PK's so many times.

    A certain level 80 paladin comes to mind...I was lavel 40 on my necromancer: he attacked my Blood Golem with Zeal (aka: he HAS to do every hit on zeal, which is what made that attack annoying), trying to be cute and intimidate me...so I slapped him with Iron Maiden and watched him die.

    ...He didn't say a word. I just took his gold and he ragequit.

    Ahh good times.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    level 96 sorc atm on USWEST SC can pretty much do most of the game in hell solo, exception is Izual if glooms are there, fant mob packs near the council act 3, fant death lords is instant esc out conviction witches in act 5 before baal.
    I do 15k fireball casts im FCR capped so its like a machine gun and my hireling has Infinity runeword polearm for the conviction aura.
    Oh I loooved the fire sorc, it was awesome to start a fresh ladder with a fire sorc -> go to Mephi hell and nuke him with meteor

  6. #46
    I've argued for ages that in single player Diablo 2s difficulty curve was in reverse by and large. Normal was often more difficult than hell due to continuous mana pains until i could give my merc an insight pole arm and my +skills started to kick in.

    For a well rounds, reasonably geared and kitted frozen orb / fireball sorceress I could kill anything in the game with relative comfort and safety. Baal took a while potentially and there was a chance that Lister could spawn fire/cold immune and I'd have to abandon the run but for the most part hell was easy. Hell Ancients were an exception. They were really damn hard but I got there in the end.

    Iron Maiden while it wasn't an issue it was gay. The fact it could be cast on you mid animation so you couldn't stop it gibbing you was just irritating. The solution was a 1 point berserk and just accept its going to take a while.

    For the record I only ever really laddered once but all my toons finished at 85-88 level range. I broke the 95 barrier once and just found getting to 99 to not be worth the time.

    TLR - Hell was either really easy or really frigging hard. It wasn't consistent. Hopefully Inferno will be more consistent even if it is harder.

  7. #47
    I hope its hard and stays hard... Buuuut a lot of people take for granted the gear you can get in D2 and say Hell is loleasy. Playing through normal-hell, solo, and without moving any gear to that toon, is freaking hard. I played the game for 7 years, had CS zons and sorc's 1 shot baal on hell ( conviction merc + 14k CS per bolt/24-28k fireballs/1.6k FO, and this was around the time auradins existed with torch stacking bug with dragon ) and it made it seem like a joke. But playing it legit can very difficult and not many classes can do it with traditional builds ( fire sorc, light sorc,, novamancer, trapper, etc ) to effectively trivialize it to the point that its a joke like on bnet. It's not impossible, its not so hard that it can't be done by the majority of the playerbase... but its a bitch, and its not easy... and I'm sure anyone who has attempted this offline ( without being a summoning necro or ele druid ) can vouch that hell is where it was suppose to be, if not a bit higher tbh. Its the gear scaling... and the content not going with it... the amazing runewords that were not available at the start, etc. Sorry for the word wall

  8. #48
    I guess im most likely going to stop before inferno.. =)

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by malu05 View Post
    I guess im most likely going to stop before inferno.. =)
    I would be willing to bet most people dont even get out of the beta content in inferno. I bet Hell is going to be where a majority of the people actually spend their time. Blizzard is making INFERNO sound extremely difficult. I cant wait to see if they are right.

    6 more weeks gents!!!!!!!!!! Get rdy to use up those sick days!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I would be willing to bet most people dont even get out of the beta content in inferno. I bet Hell is going to be where a majority of the people actually spend their time. Blizzard is making INFERNO sound extremely difficult. I cant wait to see if they are right.

    6 more weeks gents!!!!!!!!!! Get rdy to use up those sick days!
    40 Days left!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Can't say I can relate. I've done more Baalruns than I had levels among all of my characters and I can't recall getting death trapped even a single time. But than again, last patch was either 1.11 or 1.12, that I played. Perhaps something changed.
    Yeah like I said, LOD is much harder now than it was at release. All mobs are randomized in act V with new abilities (well not new but abilities that mobs in act V previously didn't have). You can get Dolls in last level of worldstone keep, and unravellers that can keep on rezzing them. Very often you come down the stairs and there's a couple of packs near the stairs.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yeah like I said, LOD is much harder now than it was at release. All mobs are randomized in act V with new abilities (well not new but abilities that mobs in act V previously didn't have). You can get Dolls in last level of worldstone keep, and unravellers that can keep on rezzing them. Very often you come down the stairs and there's a couple of packs near the stairs.
    I was still around when they randomized spawns Everything you describe is known to me, except for ambush spawns.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I was still around when they randomized spawns Everything you describe is known to me, except for ambush spawns.
    I recently levelled a Fishymancer on a new ladder to 92, less than half a year ago, and there was definitely mobs down the stairs. And as I said most of the temples in Act III all have mobs down the stairs, maybe it's my outdated pc, but every often I'm loaded and already in combat.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I recently levelled a Fishymancer on a new ladder to 92, less than half a year ago, and there was definitely mobs down the stairs. And as I said most of the temples in Act III all have mobs down the stairs, maybe it's my outdated pc, but every often I'm loaded and already in combat.
    by the way, when was the last ladder reset?

  15. #55
    I was fond of this bluepost:
    I am aware of internal bets on how many months it will take before somebody beats Inferno.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  16. #56
    Total Diablo noob, how many acts is there, and how much is there in an act?
    Belief can become reality!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Total Diablo noob, how many acts is there, and how much is there in an act?
    If its anything like Diablo2 its 6 main questes in each act, and one act can be very big if your on your own. Like a good 5-20 hours to solo an act (or more? not sure)

  18. #58
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    9,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Total Diablo noob, how many acts is there, and how much is there in an act?
    There are 4 acts in D3 but no one really knows how big they are at the moment, since the beta is only a section of the first act.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    If you're interested in Elder Scrolls Online, check out our Megathread.
    We have an ESO EU MMOC Social / Trade Guild, PM me your username to join or for more information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •