Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    they gave 7 days free to people below 50 read the site.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    they gave 7 days free to people below 50 read the site.
    In order to qualify for the seven (7) days of free*** gameplay, you must meet the following requirements:

    You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
    You must have previously signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code. (This includes players in their first thirty (30) days of game time included with purchase of the game.)
    You must currently have an inactive subscription.
    You cannot have left the game in a banned status.
    Maybe you should read the site? They gave 7 days to former subscribers, regardless of level, it is for people who do not have an active account. If you have an active account without a 50 you do not get 7 days.

    That is of course if you are not referring to the OP which was made before this and is an ongoing discussion without having read the rest of the discussion, then your answer is slightly more correct.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2012-04-13 at 09:33 PM.

  3. #203
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Maybe you should read the site? They gave 7 days to former subscribers, regardless of level, it is for people who do not have an active account. If you have an active account without a 50 you do not get 7 days.
    But, you do get a Tauntaun which is adorable!

  4. #204
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Comox Valley, BC
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    But, you do get a Tauntaun which is adorable!
    I'd rather have 30 days free for being a subscriber since day one. Ah well companies will always make choices that affect at least someone negatively.

  5. #205
    Looks like I made out pretty well:

    I got a free week to test the waters.

    I got a free month for resubbing by having at least a level 6 legacy level.

    I'll get my tauntaun pet.

    I bet the timings of quarterly reports can all out predict when giveaways will occur...

    http://investor.ea.com/index.cfm

  6. #206
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Looks like I made out pretty well:

    I got a free week to test the waters.

    I got a free month for resubbing by having at least a level 6 legacy level.

    I'll get my tauntaun pet.

    I bet the timings of quarterly reports can all out predict when giveaways will occur...

    http://investor.ea.com/index.cfm
    Yup, I'm totally going to quit if there's a bad earnings report. Screw whether or not it's fun, if EA is losing money on this bad boy, I'm outta here!

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Yup, I'm totally going to quit if there's a bad earnings report. Screw whether or not it's fun, if EA is losing money on this bad boy, I'm outta here!
    I'm hoping for a bad earnings report. It will put some fire under them to fix more stuff.

  8. #208
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I'm hoping for a bad earnings report. It will put some fire under them to fix more stuff.
    I'd say they're fixing stuff pretty much as fast as they can. Look at the complaints about the changes to the reward system in PvP. They pretty much turned on a dime on that one.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Looks like I made out pretty well:

    I got a free week to test the waters.

    I got a free month for resubbing by having at least a level 6 legacy level.

    I'll get my tauntaun pet.

    I bet the timings of quarterly reports can all out predict when giveaways will occur...

    http://investor.ea.com/index.cfm
    This one caught my eye: May 7th conference call

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    This one caught my eye: May 7th conference call
    How is it fourth quarter, when we are only in the second quarter of 2012?

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    How is it fourth quarter, when we are only in the second quarter of 2012?
    Fiscal year isn't the same as calander year. December/Holiday sales are in the 3rd quarter so that the next couple months of returns balance it, and then you still have the 4th quarter to make up losses. That's not exactly WHY it lines up that way, but I know that is part of it. I forgot the reason.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Fiscal year isn't the same as calander year. December/Holiday sales are in the 3rd quarter so that the next couple months of returns balance it, and then you still have the 4th quarter to make up losses. That's not exactly WHY it lines up that way, but I know that is part of it. I forgot the reason.
    Nonetheless, EA isn't exactly pimping SWTOR as a major source of net profit in that earnings announcement.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Nonetheless, EA isn't exactly pimping SWTOR as a major source of net profit in that earnings announcement.
    I could see it being a major source of net for BW, but not for EA anyway. EA is just too large and has its hands in too many things. While swtor certainly would be one of the newest, I don't see it being one of the largest for at least several years, assuming it gets to keep growing.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I could see it being a major source of net for BW, but not for EA anyway. EA is just too large and has its hands in too many things. While swtor certainly would be one of the newest, I don't see it being one of the largest for at least several years, assuming it gets to keep growing.
    I hope it pays off eventually. If SWTOR is seen as a blip of failure, it will be a long time before another company takes a risk of this financial magnitude on an MMO.

  15. #215
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I'm hoping for a bad earnings report. It will put some fire under them to fix more stuff.
    Under EA's management it would only lead to the whole game being shut down.

    We need a strong showing from SWTOR this quarter. A growing fanbase is just as encouraging for the developers. Positive vs negative reinforcement.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

  16. #216
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,167
    Regardless of the what the subscription numbers are when they come out, the minimum threshold for profitability is still being exceeded. That profitability will lead to more content, which will hopefully lead to more subscribers. Besides that, the addition of server transfers and maybe some mergers will really help the game.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Regardless of the what the subscription numbers are when they come out, the minimum threshold for profitability is still being exceeded. That profitability will lead to more content, which will hopefully lead to more subscribers. Besides that, the addition of server transfers and maybe some mergers will really help the game.
    THIS

    Plus wasnt there a report from some EA financial guy pre release that said with 500k subs theyd be making a little money, with a million subs theyd be making tons of money.

    now even the most ardent of TOR haters has to admit the subs arent going to go below those numbers, until they do no need to sweat earnings calls.

    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/star-war...ers-ea-6297338


    "We previously described to folks that 500,000 subscribers saw the game as substantially profitable, but it's not the kind of thing that we would write home about," he said. "[But] anything north of 1 million subscribers is a very profitable business."

    Is the specific quote.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    THIS

    Plus wasnt there a report from some EA financial guy pre release that said with 500k subs theyd be making a little money, with a million subs theyd be making tons of money.

    now even the most ardent of TOR haters has to admit the subs arent going to go below those numbers, until they do no need to sweat earnings calls.

    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/star-war...ers-ea-6297338


    "We previously described to folks that 500,000 subscribers saw the game as substantially profitable, but it's not the kind of thing that we would write home about," he said. "[But] anything north of 1 million subscribers is a very profitable business."

    Is the specific quote.
    Except the haters ARE trying to say that, and have been saying it since day one. Everything from the 1.7 mil was made up, to it not being accurate, to subs have been cut in half since then.

  19. #219
    I wonder what freebies BW will roll out for 1.3. I unsubbed a month ago and am dying to know what I will get the next go around.

    We already know that "loyalty bonuses" really apply to everyone who has ever leveled a toon up to level 50.

    It looks like I'll be sent to the same mega-server as one of my coworkers, so that will be awesome on its own. I can't wait to use flashpoints as a means of leveling up after visiting the same boring planets for the third time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •