Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I will never understand the hate for EA, all they do is publish games, not actually make them. Sure they have some control over them but for the most part everything is still controlled by the studio.
    This is absolutely false.
    Publishers are in essence representing the investors, and they have the final say on when a product is released, what is included, what is excluded for DLC.
    It isn't the games they publish that make them bad (well for the most part) it is that they force out unfinished products to meet deadlines, overwork their employees to meet said deadlines, remove portions of the games that they feel they can make more money off of so they can sell it to you separately, keep releasing the same franchise games over and over and over by putting as little time and money into them as they can, they scrap good games because they can't see sequel potential, they destroy studios in order to save money... etc.etc.etc.

Every time you buy a game from ANY publisher the only thing they hear is your money telling them that it is ok with you if they do all these things, so they continue to do them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I never even look at who the makers/publishers of the game are. It's just not something I ever take into consideration to decide my purchase.
    same here most of the time, a few times i check, but mostly i buy a game based on reviews, and videos on youtube.

I never even look at who the makers/publishers of the game are. It's just not something I ever take into consideration to decide my purchase.
    Same here. I judge games individually, not based on the makers. Same with movies, I pay no attention at all to who the stars or directors are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really think bad about a game until I get my hands on a demo or beta of it.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

What comes after the initial logos in the game matter more to me. I couldn't care less who made the game if I enjoyed it.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    I did that alot with THQ, hearing that annoying as sound at the start of every one of their games... eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. All I'm saying is that was horrible.

Also, I do that with every Square-Enix game these days, since they went all western and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    As soon as I see EA I do the voice.. "E..A... SPORTS... IT'S IN THE GAME"
    Haha hell yeah, i do the same thing. that shit is catchy.

If you hate on EA, then you are hating on BF3, SSX, Dragon Age, and many other great games

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    As soon as I see EA I do the voice.. "E..A... SPORTS... IT'S IN THE GAME"
    I still think of the old "Challenge everything" creepy whisper voice.

OT: I'd hope so. There are many games I might not have played or enjoyed if I'd payed sole attention to a developer or series name.

Quote Originally Posted by archelios View Post
    If you hate on EA, then you are hating on BF3, SSX, Dragon Age, and many other great games
    There is a difference between hating a company and hating a game though, I love Dragon Age and Dead Space but I can not stand EA at all due to the way the company works and such, having the EA logo on a game does put me off buying it new but hey it's not like they're gonna run out of money right?
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    The only company I trust related to gaming is Steam.

I trust some game titles itself aswell (like Borderlands for example), not the company behind it since it's not like the all the same people are working on the games under the name Gearbox or 2k Games.

This sums up one of the reasons I hate EA

http://videogames.memebase.com/2012/...newcontenthole
    For the Horde!

This, actually, though there are brands that do stand out a bit, notably Valve in my experience, that seem to deliver good games time and time again, and actually seem to care about their players. But, at the end of the day, I don't really have any loyalty to a particular company...I look for the game itself more, and I often don't even know who made the game until it's already in the tray. That being said, I do know what you mean about EA....there are certainly some good games under their name, but most of them are quite mainstream and mediocre, IMO. I'm not particularly fond of them, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cptmyname View Post
    I never buy anything with an EA logo

I bought deadspace without realizing it, saw it while playing it and said "Well fuck, I thought I liked this game"
    I hope you're joking, because that's incredibly stupid if you're being serious. Just because a game was developed or published by EA doesn't mean it's a bad game, as you just pointed out.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't look at publishers, I look at the design team.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I don't hate games because they're published by EA, I simply don't buy them. The game might be great but I'm not supporting that wretched rotten culture.

As an example: since I had started the series I still did hold my nose and buy mass effect iii. Which means I get exposed to EA advertising.

Here is a PERFECT example of why the greedy rot on the game industry called EA needs to die:

Battlefield 3 advert: Unlock Weapons and Gear Even Faster
    "New Battlefield 3 Shortcut Kits help you catch up to more experienced players by unlocking weapons, equipment and vehicles, and more from just $4.99!"

I can't imagine what a soulless vampire a person would have to be to work for that company.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2012-04-03 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Am I am the only one who doesn't understand EA bashing?
    Nope, EA bothers me far less than Activision. They sometimes release buggy stuff but there's much less of the "were in ur walletz, stealing ur moneyz" feeling with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that worries me when I see an EA game is if it will need an online pass.

However I am still amazed a company like EA actually released a game like Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure on DS.