Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Westwood and Cavedog.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    So you don't like a game because of a logo :/
    What happened to "a game is good or it isn't, who cares who made it"
    It's not that some of the games arent good. At least for me, It's just the fact that I dont want to support them at all as a company, some of their business practices are very underhanded, and they do a lot of "dick moves".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people have every right to choose a company, rather than an individual experience. I don't shop at Wal-Mart because of higher personal moral standards, but I bet that the folks that work there are quite nice.

The ONLY companies I ever notice are Bungie and Blizzard. In all other cases I'll just look at how good the game is itself without caring for the producer/publisher. If its a game by bungie or blizzard though my mind automatically goes "uh oh amazing game, looks like you're gonna have to drop $60 today".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually sigh when there's a trailer for a game coming out in a few months that's already telling us about DLC, for a game, that is not even released yet. Release date DLC is still the worst thing to happen to video game companies since, ever.

Nope I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    As soon as I see EA I do the voice.. "E..A... SPORTS... IT'S IN THE GAME"
    I do this though.

Deleted
    Love how all the old timers are in here, I've never heard of some of these companies. What's so wrong with EA? Sure they might think a lot about money and those stuff, but without them most of our games wouldn't be available. They're great guys I think!

Quote Originally Posted by bestGamer View Post
    Love how all the old timers are in here, I've never heard of some of these companies. What's so wrong with EA? Sure they might think a lot about money and those stuff, but without them most of our games wouldn't be available. They're great guys I think!
    They've single handedly killed pretty much all 90's and early 20's studios that produced p. much every BIG game that made impact/created a new genre somehow because of well documented rush jobs and money grabs. That's why a lot of people don't like them (And many devs of the said killed companies denied working with EA for a LONG TIME). The younger audience might not be so aware of it because between 2005 and 2010 or so, with new console generation they upped their behaviour fair bit. Only to quite cleary descend back to same shit as they were in the change of the millenia.

It's also a reason why lot of people think that EA is worse than Activision. Because Activision went to "FUCK YOU" mode lot later, during EA's mild middle years of 2005+ and by now with new generation of gamers they don't even know about EA's past.

Last edited by Wilian; 2012-04-17 at 06:44 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Seeing EA logo is not deciding factor for me but it's a negative one for sure. Activision is far less evil than EA in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Arazor View Post
    When I see a game trailer I'm interested in, Or even if im at my local game store, just browsing, and I pick up a game to look at it. As soon as I see the big logo "EA" on it. I instantly think "SIIIGH".

It's like some sort of thing in my mind that has developed over time, I see the logo and I associate it with negativity.

Does anyone else know what I mean?
    I only have this with Activision games, but it doesn't stop me from buying trough if the game looks interesting to me. If it has an EA logo on it, I can atleast assume a little that EA was interested enough to buy the developer, so the developer had to be great.

EA has.... so many evil logo's:

Deleted
    There has to be more than 17 logos by now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to get myself into the Beta before buying a hyped up game, And if i cannot then i will just wait until release before purchasing. *Except GW2, that game needs no Beta for me to buy it!*

Man, when SimCity4 was released when the logo flashed up it had some kid whispering 'challenge everything'. Everytime it came up I found myself saying it too.

EA was cool