Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the laser from Tron so I could visit Cyberspace in person

Edit

OOO AND A LIGHTCYCLE!!!!
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

The computerized and downloadable personalities in the chip in the back of your head, remote save-able daily so you can literally never die, your consciousness can be put in a new body if you destroy your old one.

This is from the Takeshi Kovacs novels by Richard Morgan.

If it has to be show/book related, I would have to go with either the Stargate, Dilithium Crystals and how to use them from Star Trek, or the Teleporter from Star Trek.

Deleted
    A food replicator from Star Trek for obvious reasons.

^^Functioning of course. And lightsabers, some demented innerchild thinks Vince the shamwow guy selling mini lightsabers as kitchen utensils would be 100% win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlf View Post
    Out of all the various zillion Sci-Fi shows/movies (doctor who, star trek, star wars. battle star galatica, etc) what tech from those shows would you like, or what would you like us as a race to have?

I'd probably personally would like either the larger on the inside effect from the TARDIS (Doctor Who) or a holodeck [star trek] - (for storage space). I can think of some uses we (as a race) could use either (or both in tandem):

- Stores
    - Library -- If usising the TARDIS effect and a holodeck -- Have PHYSICAL shelf's along with virtual shelfs but top of either other (if the virtual self's ever go away the books will still stay in place, not fall to the floor). We could probably have a bloody large library - and yes I know the powerdrain would probably be gigantic but . . . .
    - Jails/prisons

I'd probably also like the replicators (Star Trek) - just 'order' anything you want. You guys?
    I'd like the ability to copy your mind into a robot. Essentially, a practical interpretation of immortality.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Andromeda Ascendant.

By far the most powerful starship in the realm of sci-fi. The only thing that is really sci-fi is slipstream, the rest I could see being developed in a few 100 years. It could still wtf own any starship from pretty much any other series purely down to the range it can attack. Hell with slip fighters it can attack from a galaxy away, if not from the other side of a solar system.

Plus she's incredibly sexy,

10+ Year Old Account
    The Napoleon Dynamite Time Machine

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a replicator/fabricator. Turn waste into usable, sanitary products like food or metals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaux View Post
    The bio mechanical game system from the movie Existenz. Would have so much fun with that!
    Eh, I would rather not have to plug a console into a second arse-hole you have to get installed just to use it.

Stargates Asgard race with their cloning technology etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Stargates, teleporters and hyperdrives (the stargate version)

Can you tell that stargate is one of my favourite shows?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Holodeck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Space ships, not the kind we currently have but the presumably cheaper -everyone has one in their garage- kind from sci-fis and/or the stargate.

Deleted
    Pod racer

10+ Year Old Account
    Id be completely content with a Tardis myself. If Dr Who was real id sure as hell be finding rose
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

I forget where it was from but the machine that scanned your taste buds and made what you were craving. What more in life could you want?

I want to be a Q for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    A food replicator from Star Trek for obvious reasons.
    While I would LOVE the Stargate, for practical purposes I'd have to go with this as well

10+ Year Old Account
    holodeck or a gundam.... I suppose holodeck because I could have a gundam in it.. and erase people from it I don't like.. its like the best anti-social social tech ever!

Deleted
    The sarcophagus from Stargate, only an improved version that doesn't get you addicted or mess you up:P