Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Fluffy Kitten Marest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    and at 27'' u can never note difference between 1080p and 1440p
    *cough* what?

    That just isn't even remotely true. Sorry to break your bubble.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Are they 5.1 Logitech Dolby? Or what? Bet they are not anywhere near what Cyanotical was speaking.

    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is one of the worst and most flimsy mechanical keyboards on the market.

    Razer Death Adder is probably Razer's best product they've ever made, one of the few that are okay.

    IPS can be for gaming, gamers who use IPS see games with far better colors and the input lag of 7ms is so minor, that I highly HIGHLY doubt even you would notice the difference between it and 2ms.

    And hardly notice the difference between 1080p and 1440p? I'm sorry but is your eyesight bad? The more pixels, the better the look of games/pictures/videos, because the pixel density is better, thus things are reproduced better and better.

    At least you're looking into a 120Hz monitor though, otherwise I'd be disappoint. ;p IPS or 120Hz or don't even talk about having $4k to spend on a computer.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 02:36 PM ----------

    You come here asking for help/opinions, thus it is apparent to some degree you respect our knowledge in the field (not sucking up but Cyanotical is easily one of the most knowledgeable on this entire forum with a crap ton of experience) so why when we make suggestions do you shoot them down? It seems like you must know everything you need to know, because I assure you, most of Razer products now are not made to last 3 to 4 years. A few years ago? Yes, but all I ever hear now is people getting replacements all the time.
    i have sony 5.1 home theater and u can eaily notice a huge difference in input lag dell u2711 has 11ms input lag dell u3011 has 15ms and apple 27 cinema display has 14 ms, dell ips is mattte finish while apple ips are glossy both are anoying u can see a huge difference in input lag and hz . ips always has a poor color reproduction as well as poor dynamic contrast ratio my friend who had dell u2711 has recently got asus vg278h , we compared both of them side by side and the difference between 1080p and 1440p was very minimal because of 27'' screen size ona screen bigger than 40'' u can notice difference easily and i really like 3d and im comfortable with that

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    if your 5.1 are computer speakers, then they aren't very good, you do have to spend a decent amount for quality audio

    the Blackwidow Ultimate is an okay starter mechanical, but it has its issues, i'd go with a Corsair K90 first, personally i use a Ducky

    you can see the difference between 1080 and 1440 on a 27" screen, it's clear as day, 1080 has no business being larger then 24", also, you can't compare the response time with an IPS, they work slightly different, personally, i find that the higher resolution and better picture quality of the 27" IPS, beat out the 120Hz/3D for gaming

    and 3d is cool and all, (i like playing minecraft in 3d) it gets old after a while, and the glasses are not very comfortable

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 08:43 AM ----------



    im sure most of the mods know stuff i don't, but thats the advantage of a forum, its hard to find a subject that nobody has any knowledge/experience with
    response time , input lag work differently on ips monitor untill someone introduces 120hz 3d ips monitor with low input lag (which i think might be not possible ) im not considering it. i have sony 5.1 home theater hooked up to my pc . God Bless

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 10:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    *cough* what?

    That just isn't even remotely true. Sorry to break your bubble.
    my friend had an 1440p ips monitor who recently purchased 1080p 3d monitor the difference was very minimal because of the 27'' size. apart from resolution there are lot of factors which determine better and smooth gaming like 3d, input lag, response time, refresh rate, color accuracy, color reproduction, contrast ratio, dynamic contrast ratio, screen type in every comparison ips monitor sucks when compared to 1080p 120hz monitor . God Bless
    Last edited by Ultimate Gohan; 2012-04-03 at 05:45 PM.

  4. #44
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    response time , input lag work differently on ips monitor untill someone introduces 120hz 3d ips monitor with low input lag (which i think might be not possible ) im not considering it. i have sony 5.1 home theater hooked up to my pc

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 10:08 PM ----------



    my friend had an 1440p ips monitor who recently purchased 1080p 3d monitor the difference was very minimal because of the 27'' size. apart from resolution there are lot of factors which determine better and smooth gaming like 3d, input lag, response time, refresh rate, color accuracy, color reproduction, contrast ratio, dynamic contrast ratio, screen type in every comparison ips monitor sucks when compared to 1080p 120hz monitor
    for your 5.1, you will want an Asus Xonar card, or another that supports Dolby Digital Live, this will give you good gaming sound, but you lose music quality by using a 5.1

    also, you are wrong about IPS panels: color accuracy, color reproduction, contrast ratio, dynamic contrast ratio, are where IPS is vastly superior to TN, this is not up for argument, it's extremely well documented

    framerate is one thing, response time and input lag are not something you can compare directly between IPS, VA and TN due to the different technologies used in pixel activation

    if you want to get a 3d monitor for gaming, thats fine, but do realize you are giving up a lot of picture quality for that, also, when running 3d, you are at 60 FPS vsync anyway

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Are they 5.1 Logitech Dolby? Or what? Bet they are not anywhere near what Cyanotical was speaking.

    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is one of the worst and most flimsy mechanical keyboards on the market.

    Razer Death Adder is probably Razer's best product they've ever made, one of the few that are okay.

    IPS can be for gaming, gamers who use IPS see games with far better colors and the input lag of 7ms is so minor, that I highly HIGHLY doubt even you would notice the difference between it and 2ms.

    And hardly notice the difference between 1080p and 1440p? I'm sorry but is your eyesight bad? The more pixels, the better the look of games/pictures/videos, because the pixel density is better, thus things are reproduced better and better.

    At least you're looking into a 120Hz monitor though, otherwise I'd be disappoint. ;p IPS or 120Hz or don't even talk about having $4k to spend on a computer.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 02:36 PM ----------

    You come here asking for help/opinions, thus it is apparent to some degree you respect our knowledge in the field (not sucking up but Cyanotical is easily one of the most knowledgeable on this entire forum with a crap ton of experience) so why when we make suggestions do you shoot them down? It seems like you must know everything you need to know, because I assure you, most of Razer products now are not made to last 3 to 4 years. A few years ago? Yes, but all I ever hear now is people getting replacements all the time.
    my eyesight is not bad but yours is because u were only able to note the difference between resolution alone but apart from resolution there are many things in an monitor or tv like color reproduction, better calibration, brightness, gamma, input lag, refresh rate, response time, color accuracy, contrast ratio, dynamic contrast ratio, screen type etc.. in every aspect ips sucks when compared to 120hz led monitor. Even if i dont take 3d into considertion 120hz monitor is by far better than ips monitor my friend recently got asus vg278h he was intially having dell u2711 so we compared both monitors side by side for gaming and also movies difference between 1080p and 1440p wont be too much untill the screen size is above 40'' , the difference was very minimal but apart from resolution in every aspect asus vg278h beats any ips monitor.
    Dell u2711 and u3011 have 16 ms response time and apple ips cinema display has 14ms response time i wrongly mentioned it has 7ms , buy an 120hz monitor and play games and movies on it u can see the difference easily if u still cant note the difference just try to compare them side by side like i did in my friend's house if u still cant note any difference just consult an eye doctor

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    for your 5.1, you will want an Asus Xonar card, or another that supports Dolby Digital Live, this will give you good gaming sound, but you lose music quality by using a 5.1

    also, you are wrong about IPS panels: color accuracy, color reproduction, contrast ratio, dynamic contrast ratio, are where IPS is vastly superior to TN, this is not up for argument, it's extremely well documented

    framerate is one thing, response time and input lag are not something you can compare directly between IPS, VA and TN due to the different technologies used in pixel activation

    if you want to get a 3d monitor for gaming, thats fine, but do realize you are giving up a lot of picture quality for that, also, when running 3d, you are at 60 FPS vsync anyway
    in 120hz 3d monitor i will get 60hz per eye while watching 3d , just go and see any any benchmarks and u will note how horrible ips monitors are for gaming but anyways im fine with 120hz moniotor . God Bless

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 10:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Are they 5.1 Logitech Dolby? Or what? Bet they are not anywhere near what Cyanotical was speaking.

    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is one of the worst and most flimsy mechanical keyboards on the market.

    Razer Death Adder is probably Razer's best product they've ever made, one of the few that are okay.

    IPS can be for gaming, gamers who use IPS see games with far better colors and the input lag of 7ms is so minor, that I highly HIGHLY doubt even you would notice the difference between it and 2ms.

    And hardly notice the difference between 1080p and 1440p? I'm sorry but is your eyesight bad? The more pixels, the better the look of games/pictures/videos, because the pixel density is better, thus things are reproduced better and better.

    At least you're looking into a 120Hz monitor though, otherwise I'd be disappoint. ;p IPS or 120Hz or don't even talk about having $4k to spend on a computer.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 02:36 PM ----------

    You come here asking for help/opinions, thus it is apparent to some degree you respect our knowledge in the field (not sucking up but Cyanotical is easily one of the most knowledgeable on this entire forum with a crap ton of experience) so why when we make suggestions do you shoot them down? It seems like you must know everything you need to know, because I assure you, most of Razer products now are not made to last 3 to 4 years. A few years ago? Yes, but all I ever hear now is people getting replacements all the time.
    my eyesight is not bad but yours is because u were only able to note the difference between resolution alone but apart from resolution there are many things in an monitor or tv like color reproduction, better calibration, brightness, gamma, input lag, refresh rate, response time, color accuracy, contrast ratio, dynamic contrast ratio, screen type etc.. in every aspect ips sucks when compared to 120hz led monitor. Even if i dont take 3d into considertion 120hz monitor is by far better than ips monitor my friend recently got asus vg278h he was intially having dell u2711 so we compared both monitors side by side for gaming and also movies difference between 1080p and 1440p wont be too much untill the screen size is above 40'' , the difference was very minimal but apart from resolution in every aspect asus vg278h beats any ips monitor.
    Dell u2711 and u3011 have 16 ms response time and apple ips cinema display has 14ms response time i wrongly mentioned it has 7ms , buy an 120hz monitor and play games and movies on it u can see the difference easily if u still cant note the difference just try to compare them side by side like i did in my friend's house if u still can't note the difference just consult an eye doctor . God Bless
    Last edited by Ultimate Gohan; 2012-04-03 at 05:47 PM.

  7. #47
    Immortal Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    7,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    /snip
    So are you actually looking for advice or basically showing off what you might be able to buy for the sake of buying/showing off? As far as I can tell you got some good advice already. If anything you made 10 post and can now post links and pictures

    Either way i would stick with the newer generation chip and "just" replace it when you feel it's fulfilled it's purpose. As for the SSD Intel 520, Crucial m4 or Corsair Performance Pro gets my vote.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

  8. #48
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    in 120hz 3d monitor i will get 60hz per eye while watching 3d , just go and see any any benchmarks and u will note how horrible ips monitors are for gaming but anyways im fine with 120hz moniotor

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 10:41 PM ----------



    my eyesight is not bad but yours is because u were only able to note the difference between resolution alone but apart from resolution there are many things in an monitor or tv like color reproduction, better calibration, brightness, gamma, input lag, refresh rate, response time, color accuracy, contrast ratio, dynamic contrast ratio, screen type etc.. in every aspect ips sucks when compared to 120hz led monitor. Even if i dont take 3d into considertion 120hz monitor is by far better than ips monitor my friend recently got asus vg278h he was intially having dell u2711 so we compared both monitors side by side for gaming and also movies difference between 1080p and 1440p wont be too much untill the screen size is above 40'' , the difference was very minimal but apart from resolution in every aspect asus vg278h beats any ips monitor.
    Dell u2711 and u3011 have 16 ms response time and apple ips cinema display has 14ms response time i wrongly mentioned it has 7ms , buy an 120hz monitor and play games and movies on it u can see the difference easily if u still cant note the difference just try to compare them side by side like i did in my friend's house if u still can't note the difference just consult an eye doctor
    I have a u2711, and i game on it, in fact i play audiosurf on it, i prefer ninja mono with downhill songs, with a traffic rating of 390 or higher, the response needed in that is higher then any other game you will ever play

    the u2711 is more then enough for that, i don't know where you are getting this idea that a 120hz has better picture quality, or that a IPS is too slow to game on, you are flat out wrong, and there is no way around it, there is nothing wrong with a 120Hz panel, but like i said, you give up picture quality, also like i said, you CANNOT compare response time between IPS and TN

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    /snip
    I honestly hope you do not truly believe this, because it is so full of shit.

    IPS monitors are perfectly fine. In fact, they have a better reproduction of images. That does not make them bad for gaming unless you buy the wrong monitor. Bad monitors are bad, regardless of panels. "Inherent flaws" only surface if you just let them through without smacking them in face on the way out.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    I have a u2711, and i game on it, in fact i play audiosurf on it, i prefer ninja mono with downhill songs, with a traffic rating of 390 or higher, the response needed in that is higher then any other game you will ever play

    the u2711 is more then enough for that, i don't know where you are getting this idea that a 120hz has better picture quality, or that a IPS is too slow to game on, you are flat out wrong, and there is no way around it, there is nothing wrong with a 120Hz panel, but like i said, you give up picture quality, also like i said, you CANNOT compare response time between IPS and TN
    Man , its not about 120hz ok, 120hz wont improve picture quality , i meant to say it has better color reproduction, accurate colors , better display my friend and i did some calibration tests on his pc i will post the calibrated results but still it will be an actually paperwork or something. To get true feeling about it the only way u have got is to watch a video or play a game side by side on both monitors.
    While watching movies i felt the colors are not that much accurate on ips monitors especially on black areas and also ips monitors comes either a glossy or matte finish both have its own cons.
    After playing a level of battlefield 3 on asus vg278h i really had a bad gaming experience on dell u2711 because of lag , colors , refresh rate etc . God Bless .

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I honestly hope you do not truly believe this, because it is so full of shit.

    IPS monitors are perfectly fine. In fact, they have a better reproduction of images. That does not make them bad for gaming unless you buy the wrong monitor. Bad monitors are bad, regardless of panels. "Inherent flaws" only surface if you just let them through without smacking them in face on the way out.
    I tested both monitors side by side in my friends home and i will post calibration results but still the results will just show some figures . if u really want to feel the comparison try to see an ips and an 120hz led monitors side by side.

    Black areas are really not black on ips , ips will be good for watching movies but horrible on gaming especially if u are used to 120hz monitor .

    After playing battlefield 3 on asus vg278h it was really an hell to play on an ips monitor because of poor color accuracy, hell of lag and 60hz refresh rate , unless and untill u see both side by side for a comparison u cant exactly tell that ips are good for gaming, if u saw u dont notice any lag or issues on ips monitor thats because u are used to it my friend said the same thing before he purchased asus vg278h but he changed his mind after buying 120 hz monitor.

    Its not only about 120hz or lag or color its pretty huge to explain and im currently used to 24'' 120 hz monitor so i cant switch myself to an ips monitor im buying asus vg278h because bigger screen size nd nvidia 3d vision 2 features . God Bless

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 11:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    I have a u2711, and i game on it, in fact i play audiosurf on it, i prefer ninja mono with downhill songs, with a traffic rating of 390 or higher, the response needed in that is higher then any other game you will ever play

    the u2711 is more then enough for that, i don't know where you are getting this idea that a 120hz has better picture quality, or that a IPS is too slow to game on, you are flat out wrong, and there is no way around it, there is nothing wrong with a 120Hz panel, but like i said, you give up picture quality, also like i said, you CANNOT compare response time between IPS and TN
    I tested both monitors side by side in my friends home and i will post calibration results but still the results will just show some figures . if u really want to feel the comparison try to see an ips and an 120hz led monitors side by side.

    Black areas are really not black on ips , ips will be good for watching movies but horrible on gaming especially if u are used to 120hz monitor .

    After playing battlefield 3 on asus vg278h it was really an hell to play on an ips monitor because of poor color accuracy, hell of lag and 60hz refresh rate , unless and untill u see both side by side for a comparison u cant exactly tell that ips are good for gaming, if u saw u dont notice any lag or issues on ips monitor thats because u are used to it my friend said the same thing before he purchased asus vg278h but he changed his mind after buying 120 hz monitor.

    Its not only about 120hz or lag or color its pretty huge to explain and im currently used to 24'' 120 hz monitor so i cant switch myself to an ips monitor im buying asus vg278h because bigger screen size nd nvidia 3d vision 2 features . God Bless

  12. #52
    Moderator Uggorthaholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Granbury, TX
    Posts
    3,018
    Alright, this thread has gotten way off topic and there's a lot of borderline comments. Closing this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •