Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Feral druids are not invincible. Bear form can be rage starved, time a stun correct when he is in cat or cyclones or etc and you get him down fairly fast. Resto druids are kinda meh, ToL is the only thing keeping them nearly playable. Boomkins are okay I suppose, but you usually see ferals. And as a matter of fact there is evidence ferals are slightly op, maybe its just that they are easy to play or etc. but you rarely see boomkin anymore, at least in 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Actually Night Zero, Blizzard has said themselves that 3v3 is imbalanced too, and that they aren't focusing their balance on arena anymore. That's the whole reason their focus shifted to rated battlegrounds for Cataclysm, and being able to gear however you choose in Mists. They know no arena bracket will ever be balanced, and know that most of the player base couldn't care less about it, so your entire argument is moot. Look at warlocks. They have a few tools that make them very valuable in 3v3, so people like you look at the 3v3 bracket and see a lot of warlocks, thus deciding they're overpowered. Well, that's ridiculous, because warlocks are an absolute joke as a whole. It's the opposite with ferals. I don't care that in 3v3 they aren't as numerous as certain other classes and specs. As a whole, ferals are insanely overpowered. Same with frost mages.
    Lol..... Rated bgs... Where ferals are non-existent, and it has even less variability than 3v3

All rbgs are these days are ranged dot cleaves with mages, sps, locks, eles, and boomies. Rogues and dks are only brought for grip and smoke bombs, with the dks AOE fitting in as well. Prot warriors as the only real option for a flag carrier just highlights how silly they have become.

Honestly RBGs are a pretty big failure in terms of balance. Melee, beyond 1-2, and only very specific classes and the token Prot warrior, is worthless in RBGs.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-04-07 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    You're putting words in my mouth, nowhere did I say that a lack of nerfs = balanced. I'm merely pointing out that I'm not the only one who feels that Ferals needed toning down.
    No, you didn't say it but you did imply it. If nerfs = overpowered according to Blizz (which you DID say by the way) then buffs or lack of either implies balanced or underpowered by your logic.

And again I say, Blizz has a horrible track record with balancing anything. They listen to the people who complain the loudest so they keep the most money and often times those that complain are people who are bad at playing. Just because Blizz is nerfing something or buffing something doesn't mean it's right. In the case it is not right and ferals who have not been a strong class except for MAYBE 2 seasons in total will go back to being non-existent as you and so many others like you seem to want. But I guess that makes sense, one less class for you to try and remember how to beat as it was before. Change is scary.

As you have not bothered to complain about all the times we have stated mage and rogue are OP you must either be one of them (in which case I have no idea why you'd complain about ferals) or you just don't mind them being OP every season. Either way it doesn't matter as you've gotten your wish, as you said. Blizz agrees with you even though they shouldn't.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2012-04-07 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I used to be on KJ, you are just a bad shadow. like really bad. And demo locks can obliterate any feral, along with almost any melee in duels. You just don't see them anywhere but duels, but you are the one fascinated with dueling so i brought them up.... lol

Not to mention mages and hunters are CLASSES not specs... please tell me you are not this dumb . Talk about being discredited, when you do not even know the difference between a spec and a class (which means 2/10 or 20% of ALL players), and with the prevalence of mages, it ends up being at least 30% of the players you will come across in a PVP setting.

Already you are backpeddling from you assertions ferals can "dominate all classes", because at least you are admitting you know hunters and mages are our hard counters, honestly now all I am left with is that you are just a bad SP.

Pro-tip: Try using your much much higher healing capacity during fears before dotting the feral back up, and timing your dispersions correctly. Fearing melee is insanely OP in duels, the only way a melee can honestly compete is they have to mount up and fly back to keep you from getting fully healed AND dotting us back up. My guess is you are just bad at healing/shielding yourself.... both initially and during duels.
    I remember you on KJ, you are just a bad feral. like really bad. <-- Now how much did this contribute to my argument?

This quote is what my post was referring to: "2-3 other specs that have the upper hand."

I have not back'd away from a single statement I've made on my topic. I stand by the fact that on paper, ferals have an overwhelming amount of tools available to counter the majority, if not all, classes. Can I prove that they truly do counter all classes? I've already said I cannot, the same way you cannot prove that any given class "hard counters" a feral. I have however said that Blizzard seem to agree with me, as well as the seeming majority of the community who is displeased with feral balance. My retorts against you have been assuming your constant idiocies concerning specs/classes were true, which I hope you've grasped that even if true, are ridiculous to refer to as "balanced." (see my previous post)

Considering you have just shown yourself to lack the grade-level mental capacity to understand shadow PvP, which is far easier than feral, I think we can say that you have done me a grand favor in discrediting yourself, and your place commenting on this topic. Since you have resorted to petty insults rather than appropriately defending feral balance, I think it's safe to say we're done here. I'll no longer be replying to your posts - you may have the last word.

Drop me a PM if you would like to actually hear why your "pro-tip" concerning shadow, is about the stupidest thing you have said on this topic. Yes, even stupider than: "And demo locks can obliterate any feral, along with almost any melee in duels.'
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    I remember you on KJ, you are just a bad feral. like really bad. <-- Now how much did this contribute to my argument?

This quote is what my post was referring to: "2-3 other specs that have the upper hand."

I have not back'd away from a single statement I've made on my topic. I stand by the fact that on paper, ferals have an overwhelming amount of tools available to counter the majority, if not all, classes. Can I prove that they truly do counter all classes? I've already said I cannot, the same way you cannot prove that any given class "hard counters" a feral. I have however said that Blizzard seem to agree with me, as well as the seeming majority of the community who is displeased with feral balance. My retorts against you have been assuming your constant idiocies concerning specs/classes were true, which I hope you've grasped that even if true, are ridiculous to refer to as "balanced." (see my previous post)

Considering you have just shown yourself to lack the grade-level mental capacity to understand shadow PvP, which is far easier than feral, I think we can say that you have done me a grand favor in discrediting yourself, and your place commenting on this topic. Since you have resorted to petty insults rather than appropriately defending feral balance, I think it's safe to say we're done here. I'll no longer be replying to your posts - you may have the last word.

Drop me a PM if you would like to actually hear why your "pro-tip" concerning shadow, is about the stupidest thing you have said on this topic. Yes, even stupider than: "And demo locks can obliterate any feral, along with almost any melee in duels.'
    Thanks for the laugh!

Sorry, but the OP is clearly trolling... or doesn't play above a 1600 rating.

Resto druids are by far and away the worst PvP healers. Like, it isn't even close. You don't need to CC them cause they can't put out enough healing... it is laughable.

Cats don't even have good burst compared to other classes...... they have bleeds, which take time to actually do anything, and they have the laughable ferocious bite. Compare that to a burst cooldown like shadow dance or icy veins........

Bear druids are only tough to kill if they have survival instincts or regen up... both of which are 3 minute cooldowns. They also put out 0 pressure while in bear form...

Druids are not balanced at all right now... in fact, they are terrible.

Boomkins are terrible without a warlock or spriest partner (for dispel protection).
    Resto Druids are laughable and should be replace by any of the other 3 healers.
    Ferals should be replaced by a rogue or another melee in pretty much every comp.

Dear Blizzard,

I play paper, it seems that scissors always beats me, they are OP and need a nerf badly...

PS: Rock is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

I play paper, it seems that scissors always beats me, they are OP and need a nerf badly...

PS: Rock is fine.
    that was clever... but joking aside. is rogue is scissors, DK is paper and rock is feral.. then what the hell is warrior?

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ildurnest View Post
    All your points are moot. I don't care for all that technical mumbo jumbo about ratings and comps and whatnot.
    What I want is to have fun while playing the game.
    Getting consistently obliterated in 1 pounce is not fun. Its fundamentally retarded. And if by some degree of skill or luck, you manage to trinket the right stun and face the feral, you're just going to watch him go bear and heal to 100% and then abosrb, absorb, dodge, dodge, absorb for eternity while a bear casts Rejuv(or whatever) on itself. How fucking stupid is that.

The class is massively overpowered in small skirmishes. Anyone that knows what they are doing with their feral is impossible to kill and therefore will always win their fights. If you can't see that, you need to get your head outta your ass.
    oh stop it now, ferals arent that OP compared to rogues, even as a warrior i can beat ferals. the only OP thing about ferals is that they go to bear. but come on, they arent gods like you think they are. stop overreacting, take a drink of water and think to yourself, why do i suck so much. just find out a way to beat a feral and you will be okay. but stop over reacting.

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 09:26 PM ----------

All your points are moot. I don't care for all that technical mumbo jumbo about ratings and comps and whatnot.
    What I want is to have fun while playing the game.
    Getting consistently obliterated in 1 pounce is not fun. Its fundamentally retarded. And if by some degree of skill or luck, you manage to trinket the right stun and face the feral, you're just going to watch him go bear and heal to 100% and then abosrb, absorb, dodge, dodge, absorb for eternity while a bear casts Rejuv(or whatever) on itself. How fucking stupid is that.

The class is massively overpowered in small skirmishes. Anyone that knows what they are doing with their feral is impossible to kill and therefore will always win their fights. If you can't see that, you need to get your head outta your ass.
    oh stop it now, ferals arent that OP compared to rogues, even as a warrior i can beat ferals. the only OP thing about ferals is that they go to bear. but come on, they arent gods like you think they are. stop overreacting, take a drink of water and think to yourself, why do i suck so much. just find out a way to beat a feral and you will be okay. but stop over reacting.

Honestly RBGs are a pretty big failure in terms of balance. Melee, beyond 1-2, and only very specific classes and the token Prot warrior, is worthless in RBGs.
    Yes except that you are wrong about ferals not being viable carriers. Worgen ferals are used by some very highly rated teams.

Quote Originally Posted by armscow View Post
    that was clever... but joking aside. is rogue is scissors, DK is paper and rock is feral.. then what the hell is warrior?[COLOR="red"]
    wet noodle

my only issue with ferals is not being able to hit them, when they do the stupid sprint-warp thing all over the screen and no matter how much you spam your abilities they are always "out of range" whilst simultaneously still hitting you.

It is quite frustrating. Especially when I have Low MS and they are sitting on High MS it seems to make it worse.

would say 99% of my losses against ferals were due to that.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    my only issue with ferals is not being able to hit them, when they do the stupid sprint-warp thing all over the screen and no matter how much you spam your abilities they are always "out of range" whilst simultaneously still hitting you.

It is quite frustrating. Especially when I have Low MS and they are sitting on High MS it seems to make it worse.

would say 99% of my losses against ferals were due to that.
    This has nothing to do with the class but with the game. I have this problem with rogues too and pretty much any class where they have a high latency.

Bears are immortal.
    Cats practically one shot any player with 4500 resil or less.
    Trees are unCC-able, no casts to heal.

Every time I see a feral on Arena, I just leave. There is no point. I have never seen such difference in PvP potential ever in this game, or any other game for that matter.
    The real question here is, how in hell did Blizzard let the situation get to where it is now. Did you cry your ass off on the forums? I would like to know cause, I would also like to have a functioning class, assuming that their opinion is that Druids are perfectly balanced right now.
    I realize this thread is a little old, but this post made me laugh. You're clearly completely clueless about arena. For starters:

1) Trees. You don't HAVE to CC them, they die while blowing all CD's.
    2) Cats don't come close to 1 shotting. You must have misspelled frost mage or rogue.
    3) Bears are immortal if you autoattack them. With that logic, all classes are immortal (except resto druids).

If you leave when you see a feral, I have some news for you: pvp is probably not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This has nothing to do with the class but with the game. I have this problem with rogues too and pretty much any class where they have a high latency.
    I have the problem with 0 other classes, only ever Feral druids, that goes for 90% of the pvpers in my guild.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the problem with 0 other classes, only ever Feral druids, that goes for 90% of the pvpers in my guild.
    I've been wondering the same thing. Although this is off-topic, is there any explanation why stealth classes blink all over the place when they open? (sometimes)
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    Yes except that you are wrong about ferals not being viable carriers. Worgen ferals are used by some very highly rated teams.
    I honestly have never seen this, do you have anything to back that up? I have not seen any serious, much less "highly rated teams" using a feral.

You seem to be implying that they are brought for speed caps, using the extra darkflight worgen sprint. I have not seen a match over 2000 that this would be viable, maybe just me... Regardless, I have seen warriors cover the middle almsot as fast with leaps, charge etc.., and you end up with a much better tank when actually dealing with offense.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 07:17 AM ----------

Its because of MS on one end or the other.

There is a simple reason you only see it on ferals, we are the only ones out there constantly runing through your character non-stop trying to get your back for shreds. Even if you are bad and sit there, a feral is so used to doing the shred-shuffle, they will never stop moving.

I have seen it as well, also only with ferals, but they were always laggy. Have faced plenty that were not choppy without lag.

Without lag you may still get errors from facing the wrong way, as our goal is in fact to be behind you....
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-04-09 at 07:21 AM.