Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Absolutely I never meant it to mean that it wouldn't give primary stats but it also can give secondary ones aswell so it's not just a comparison between other racials and panda's getting a stat boost to just their main stat. Because in the long run other racials will either be inline or ahead of the panda racial by the end of the expansion
    Last edited by USMC2001; 2012-06-11 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I understand blizzards economic aspect in making new racials good, but why shoot themselves in the foot by making mounts & achievements account wide? now people can just level alts instead of paying for a race change.

I hope blizzard won't see this and actually reconsider that change, its the best they have ever made :>
    If you mean people may not pay for race/faction changes since they can level an alt and keep their mounts and achievements, I don't know about that. The 'quick fix' will always be to just fork over the cash to Blizzard unless they change something in the future (like BoA Professions, 'hero class'/Scroll of Resurrection start at a higher level for everyone) since unless you have a lot of time on your hands, paying the $25~ will usually be the better option (ahem, archaeology..) if you really want to be a panda and/or min-max.

Deleted
    If it stays as it is, then its pretty insane, however as others have said beta is beta, so just wait and see what its like when it goes live, and then complain. Who knows blizzard might compensate with the other racials.

read my lips BAIT AH!!

This in no way affects 99% of the WoW population. If you are in a cutting edge guild that needs the extra 1% DPS to down a boss before the guild behind you does, then race changing to Pandaren might be necessary. However, if you are in a guild that is not within the Top 20, I don't foresee them forcing a race change. And if they do, and you disagree, I suggest finding a new guild.

We really won't know how powerful it is until we see how raiding plays out in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post
    read my lips BAIT AH!!
    Use your brain. If no one notices problems and announces anything while the game is in beta, then it wont get changed, leaving potentially game breaking things to go through to live. Even on an unofficial forum, Blizz devs look around fan sites. People read, and bring it up on more official channels. So your cries of 'It's only beta' are not conducive to development.
    RETH

People are totally over reacting to this. As a percentage of your total stats in MoP this isn't going to be such a huge advantage.

All that said, one idea for the racial is to lower the % increase and make food buffs persist through death for pandas. I think it would be a better racial that way.
    Last edited by ganush; 2012-06-11 at 08:31 PM.

The Racial hasn't changed since it was announced. It is not "more OP" now than it was then. You just fail to see how scaling works. Of course if you're basing 300 intellect on a level 85 character, that's a huge dps or hps increase. On a level 90? Not even close. It helps a decent amount, but not by that much.

The racial is fine in my opinion. It's the other race's racial abilities that need updating. They went down the right path with Undead. Now let's finish the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post
    read my lips BAIT AH!!
    i thought it was (Beat-tah)
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the scaling this may not be an issue at all, 300 main stat may be like getting 1 free gem... I have no idea the actual numbers just posing a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    With the scaling this may not be an issue at all, 300 main stat may be like getting 1 free gem... I have no idea the actual numbers just posing a theory.
    700 crit rating=1% crit. Depending on spec the worgen racial could end up ahead for DPS. (primaries would have to be 2.33x as strong as crit, that is NOT the case for many specs). At the very least, it is not universal and isn't nearly the gap this thread would make it seem.
    The biggest issue I can see is the extra stamina (since it seems to be balanced around just the other stat). It makes it all around useful and doubly so for tanks. At least tanks have the NE racial to compete with, though...
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-06-11 at 10:23 PM.

+300 to a main stat, while it might sound small, is effectively giving all Pandaren an extra profession bonus.

I certainly don't think this will go live, I think it will get changed to make all food buffs last two hours, and if it does go live, they will wait until everyone has paid for a race change, then flip flop in 5.0.1a to make it two hours and say "Gotcha!" as they cash the $10 million check from the Blizzard store.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Racials are being redone to other classes before it goes live. So wait and see if others are brought to this level or not before complaining.

Deleted
    Wasn't the undead racial changed aswell to something as some would describe "ridiculous OP"?

I recon Blizzard is going to change most of the racials, I wouldn't worry about any race becomming OP, now that would be ridiculous, instead of class stacking, race stacking!

All Alliance Pandaren healers may want to roll Human. 3% spirit +300 spirit is possibly stronger than 300 spirit + 300 spirit (only when food buff is on them).

All Dps and tanks who aren't constantly eating may race change away from Pandaren too.
    Such as those who don't eat during lfr or 10m raids.

Also notice how there is no 2 stat foods like in Cata. Pandaren tanks (yes some will go War) will have to eat either the 450 stam food, or 300 hit, expertise or str/agi. There is no dodge, parry or mastery food atm.
    So Night Elf and UnDead tanks may shine there.

I could say that some Pandaren will roll for there looks, but then I'd get off topic.