Help choosing a motherboard

First time builder here, and I'm planning on putting together my first gaming PC within the next month or two. I've more or less narrowed down all the parts I want already, everything except the motherboard. I plan on using a i5-3570K processor but after doing a quick search online I discovered that leaves me with a lot of potential boards to choose from in a wide array of price-ranges, and I'm unsure what I should be looking for in terms of price and features.

My mobo budget is around $200-$225, although if I can go lower than that with comparable performance I certainly won't complain. I'm hoping for some general advice on choosing which board would be right for me, and some brand suggestions and price ranges to pick from. I'm also leaning towards something PCI 3.0 compatible; I know, I know, I'll probably never use it, but unless it's a significant price hike I see no reason to not get it.

Deleted
    If you were to buy it now I'd say go with the Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 or if you want front USB 3.0 header support, Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3.

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.86 @ Newegg)
    Total: $129.86
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated 2012-04-03 17:25 EDT-0400)

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($193.49 @ Newegg)
    Total: $193.49
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated 2012-04-03 17:26 EDT-0400)

If you're waiting then get the Z77 Extreme4 with native front USB 3.0 header support.