Thumbs up [MoP VIDEO] Pandaria is Beautiful

All new videos will be added here and links to old videos will be put at the bottom of the post. This post is for discussions surrounding the videos themselves and the content in them.

This is a short minisode of The Hidden Pass. I found that it didn't match well with any of the other zones I had done and was pretty unique so for a small mini zone I did a small minisode.

Last edited by Clawtrocity; 2012-04-16 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    Was seeing that after Hope and Envy, keep it up, very nice series
    Thanks for share

Deleted
    Heres a link to my MoP album - including some Kun'lai exploit exploring

http://imageshack.us/g/839/wowscrnshot040312002515.jpg/

Inside the Temple as of right now

As you can see it's not done yet, but it does look decent so far. There are a ton of sha around the place so I'm assuming it'll be dark and mysterious.

Deleted
    Liking these videos of yours, they do show how pretty Pandaria can be, though I find the music rather unfitting for the looks of the zones; it was too cheery for such a dark an ominous place. It is nice to see you try and listen to people's wishes and criticism, so I have another tip for you; turn off quest giver/NPC names. The bright green which is the NPC's name above their head looks off in a few scenes because all the other creatures which glide by do not have it.

Also... /facepalm on the shameless self-plug there, Grievuus. Tut tut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dispair... so delicious!

Deleted
    Music didn't fit the scenery. Thanks for frapsing though.

Could that be Theramore at 0:39?

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    If only you hadn't misspelled 'despair' lol.

Anyway, it's really nice to see these zones in video rather than still screenshots. Keep 'em up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxia View Post
    Liking these videos of yours, they do show how pretty Pandaria can be, though I find the music rather unfitting for the looks of the zones; it was too cheery for such a dark an ominous place. It is nice to see you try and listen to people's wishes and criticism, so I have another tip for you; turn off quest giver/NPC names. The bright green which is the NPC's name above their head looks off in a few scenes because all the other creatures which glide by do not have it.

Also... /facepalm on the shameless self-plug there, Grievuus. Tut tut.
    I really thought out of all the videos this one fit the best. It sounded straight out of "The Nightmare before Christmas" and the zone fit really well. I saved this song specifically for either this zone or Dread wastes, but Dread Wastes was much larger so I chose a different song for it. I do keep getting these complaints about the song though so maybe I'll have to look deeper before I choose one for the next video. I have normal NPC names turned off, but I wasn't even aware that I could get rid of Quest giver names. My future videos should not longer show them. Thanks for feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wolfbane View Post
    If only you hadn't misspelled 'despair' lol.

Anyway, it's really nice to see these zones in video rather than still screenshots. Keep 'em up!
    Wow, well I'll chalk it up to being one of those fancy ways of spelling it. It's a combination of Dissonance and Despair...yeah that'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Could that be Theramore at 0:39?
    It could be, but I couldn't tell you for sure. All I know is that someone watches you while you're near it with mind vision and if you walk into you get ported out. I don't particularly think it's Theramore, but the guy says he used some scrolls to teleport there and has been trapped for days.
    Last edited by Clawtrocity; 2012-04-03 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    1:49 is funny.
    Pretty cool stuff you got there, idk what despair has to do with it, definitely not enough zombies for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, all of the zones I've visited and seen so far in the videos are just amazing. It's some of the best work I've seen since Nagrand.

New Video: Harmony posted on the OP.

Finally used WoW music so tell me what you think.

Thanks for all of these, Clawtrocity!

Deleted
    Can't help but think of movies such as House of Flying daggers and other chinese martial arts movies. The music and scenery manages to capture the ancient chinese atmosphere so well. It's epic on many proportions!

10+ Year Old Account
    simply amazing, personally along with the landscape this music, is some of the better, WoW has produced.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    simply amazing, personally along with the landscape this music, is some of the better, WoW has produced.
    I completely agree. I went back through some cataclysm zones to see if I was just imagining MoP looking so much cleaner, but very few things stood out graphically in any of the new cataclysm zones. Firelands and Uldum stood out the most. It's the detailed look that makes it look way different than before. Also, other than a few of the classic WoW songs I can't name a zone off the top of my head that had music that just perfectly fit the zone.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks too fisher price for my tastes. I've always found wow's aesthetics to be way too childish and cartoony though.

Updated with a minisode. The hidden pass features a raid and is the connecting location between Valley and Kun-Lai Summit. There are also vantage points to see the Jade Forest. This zone doesn't look done, but it certainly looks beautiful.

Oh yeah and these characters make an appearance.