Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    As other posters have said already, your temperatures are decent, you oughta try OCing with the HT on, since that's the whole purpose with the i7. 4.7 at 1.34v is not at all a bad OC, and the temperatures are alright, more are coming from the actual frequency of the card though rather than the voltage, but I'd say you could probably take that CPU to 5.0GHz. I would not start worrying until you are hitting 80+ Celsius, and if you go much into the 90s, then I'd be wondering if the heatsink is really properly installed, because it should keep that CPU pretty damned cool, even at load.

Also, what testing software are you using? I know personally the following are all great ones:

Prime95 (good for long testing)
    IntelBurnTest (pushes higher temps)
    OCCT (pushes higher temps, can do longer)
    Folding@Home (good for long testing)
    Yes I managed to get now really good looking, I have ofcourse enabled HT now and it looks much better, I'm using prime95, and 5,0 ghz would probably a overkill, will see about it when i fix more fans.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What's your goal anyway? 4.7 GHz? 4.8?
    It was 4,5 ghz but went to 4,7 as I started to follow a guide which went that far. So yeah, it seems alot better than my first clock.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2012-04-03 at 01:58 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That's rubbish, the two are identical. The 2700k is slightly better binned, and that's literally the extent of the physical differences. In terms of features its hyperthreading is the literal only difference, which adds two virtual cores
    4 virtual cores and 2MB additional cache.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    4 virtual cores and 2MB additional cache.
    My bad. I don't know why I mix it with two virtual cores all the time.
    The additional cache isn't going to do any major wonders, and aside from extreme niches the 2MB are going to do feckall for the longevity of it.

Deleted
    Hi m8 i have the NH-D14 and i use noctua's own thermalpaste with an i5 2500k @4.8ghz i never go above 61 degrees at full load.Make sure you have the mounting bracket screws tightened all the way down.Obvious really just a thought tho.

Just wondering a i7 2600k at 4.8ghz with a vcore of 1.36 and stable is really good right or is that about average? just wonder if my chips a good one or bad temps go to 72max. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2346553

That's a pretty darn decent chip. I don't know how high to rate it, since I haven't really remembered to keep track of what'd be appropriate awesomeness rating, but it's a good chip imo.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely good, my 2500K needs at least 1.36v just to do 4.5GHz. And that's a 2500K that doesn't also need to power HT. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have extreme doubts of your 2600K being stable at 4.8GHz. CPU-Z validation just means "Hey I booted into Windows."