Deleted

Warmaster 10HC (Ship taking to much damage)

Hey guys my guild has just progressed onto warmaster heroic and we are having a bit of trouble with the ship taking to much damage.

we are soaking all the barrages and killing the sapper but ship takes damage still the way we deal with onslaught is our mage and priest rotate and take them there selves then use cauterize and dispersion as this saves the healers a bunch, is it wise to do this or should we all stand in it?

here are some logs:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/q1pvtukwlyrpfqcb/

Thanks alot,
    Driizy

Deleted
    All stand in it or the fire will be everywhere

Deleted
    Pretty much just like Conestul said, soak the small barages and when the onslaught appears, all run in, pop cds (get a cd rotation for them) and after the explosion, split up fast (because of the charges) ...
    if your healers are having trouble healing you up, mage+sp can together soak the last one, but running in is better

Deleted
    I think the mechanics are:

Onslaught dmg: You + Ship 50/50 so if everyone stands in it...the ship should take less dmg. If you manage to survive the onslaughts with raid cooldowns you can even neglect some of the smaller barrages (that's how we do it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdothot View Post
    I think the mechanics are:

Onslaught dmg: You + Ship 50/50 so if everyone stands in it...the ship should take less dmg. If you manage to survive the onslaughts with raid cooldowns you can even neglect some of the smaller barrages (that's how we do it)
    the mechanic of onslaught is : there is x dmg and its is evenly split among the players inside and the ship. which means one person inside -> he takes 50% of the dmg and the ship take 50%. If there are 4 ppl inside, each of them takes 20% dmg and the ship 20%, if 9 ppl inside -> each take 10% of the dmg and the ship takes 10% too ... if you allways get at least 9 inside, the ship will take from all the onslaughts dmg equall to the dmg it would take from one onslaught with the mage inside

Deleted
    ok thanks for the help guys so its better if we all stay in and then pop cds.

Yes. but its still possible to solo soak one MAYBE two, if you soak enough barrages.
    I solo soak our 4th everytime, and it should be the last. This is so dps can focus on drakes and sapper rather then move and soak then move again and first then dps.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

It's really a poor design and super frustrating in 10m. Sometimes you can do virtually the exact same thing from attempt to attempt, and one time there will be no fire at the start of P2, while another there is fire covering the entire boat (even if the boat is at the same HP). My suggestion is to make sure everyone makes an effort to get into the Onslaughts, and soak the barrages as often as people possibly can without dying. If you can push P2 before the boat hits 25%, you avoid an extra fire spawn and it can help immensely.

if you like using the mage or priest soak strategy you can use that for an onslaught that happens to spawn very far beyond fire. there's normally nothing going on for the first onslaught so you can have everyone soak, then as the fight progresses you can have your mage or priest soak one as well if necessary